Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ziggy Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
If he doesn't exceed career sacks this year I'm calling it a bust
You mean his collegiate career?

Yes all 4.5

Would you call JPP a bust? He had 4.5 sacks his rookie year. How about Robert Mathis who only had 3.5? Chris Long only had 4, is it time for the Rams to cut ties with him?

Good thing Bruce Smith narrowly missed being a bust, he managed to get 6 sacks his rookie year...

In terms of where they were drafted and hype. Yes for WHERE long taken I think he's a bust
Which question are you answering? They were all drafted in different places.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Yes all 4.5

Would you call JPP a bust? He had 4.5 sacks his rookie year. How about Robert Mathis who only had 3.5? Chris Long only had 4, is it time for the Rams to cut ties with him?

Good thing Bruce Smith narrowly missed being a bust, he managed to get 6 sacks his rookie year...

That's
In terms of where they were drafted and hype. Yes for WHERE long taken I think he's a bust

That's where u failed. Comparing different scenarios to try and prove a point is how u manipulate posters

I answered the ONLY one that applied

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Yes all 4.5

That's

That's where u failed. Comparing different scenarios to try and prove a point is how u manipulate posters

I thought that was what you were getting at, but you've said something about assumptions before and I didn't want to give you the opportunity to jump on that one again. Looks like no one can win when discussing football with you.

Since Ansah and Long were both drafted in the top 5 I'll go ahead and pretend like you've confirmed that you're talking about Long. I'm betting that if you went and asked the St Louis forums weather or not they think he is a bust, most will laugh you out of the forums. But, then again, most of them can look at more than one number on a stat sheet to come to a conclusion about whether or not a player is a bust.

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Yes all 4.5

That's

I thought that was what you were getting at, but you've said something about assumptions before and I didn't want to give you the opportunity to jump on that one again. Looks like no one can win when discussing football with you.

Since Ansah and Long were both drafted in the top 5 I'll go ahead and pretend like you've confirmed that you're talking about Long. I'm betting that if you went and asked the St Louis forums weather or not they think he is a bust, most will laugh you out of the forums. But, then again, most of them can look at more than one number on a stat sheet to come to a conclusion about whether or not a player is a bust.

I said Long! Read read read.

U throwing a bunch of non top 5 picks in there trying to win argument is weak! Top 5 picks are expected to produce right away.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Yes all 4.5

That's

I said Long! Read read read.

U throwing a bunch of non top 5 picks in there trying to win argument is weak! Top 5 picks are expected to produce right away.

You said "long" which is an adjective. If you would have said "Long" that would be a player's name. Learn to type.

Plenty of top 5 picks don't have great rookie years and then go on to have great careers.

However, despite your poor communication skills, I do somewhat agree with you, and I do expect Ansah to get more than 4.5 sacks. If he doesn't that doesn't make him a bust though. It could mean many things, from injuries to taking time to adjust to the NFL. I think most (reasonable) fans expect a learning curve from Ansah because he is relatively new to the sport.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams had 4.5 sacks his rookie year.

Chris Long had 4, 5, 8, then 11.5 and 13. I would say he is far from a bust.

JJ Watt had 5

JPP was drafted top 15, I would say his impact expectations were similar.

If Ansah has 5 but makes strides, it's no bust. DEs take longer to be NFL ready than most positions.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with detfan that Ansah definitely needs to top 4.5 sacks, really no excuse not to other than injury.
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

JJ Watt had 5

If Ansah has 5 but makes strides, it's no bust. DEs take longer to be NFL ready than most positions.
None of those guys walked into what Ansah is walking into- a supposed sack friendly system for DE's, with dominant DT's who both command double-teams, leaving him free to rush one-on-one probably 95% of the time.

Ansah should definitely top 4.5 sacks. Not gonna demand rookie dominance, and All-Pro like Ndamukong Suh, but keeping it to detfan's original point I'm on his side with that one.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I agree with detfan that Ansah definitely needs to top 4.5 sacks, really no excuse not to other than injury.

I would love to see it, and I will be disappointed if he doesn't. However I won't call him a bust, because of the fact it takes a while for DE's, especially raw ones to transition. Many great DE's have struggled their first years. He was drafted on potential, that doesn't mean he will reach it this year. I sure hope he gets more than 4.5, but won't panic if he doesn't.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
DTOW

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For his first year of play I expect to look at how he plays more so than the numbers he puts up. If he looks the part when hes out there I will feel more confident with the pick. If he is getting put on his butt on a consistent basis and looks extremely overwhelmed then I'll worry. I don't expect a 10 sack performance, I don't really expect a 5 sack performance. What I do expect is for him to compete and make whatever tackle he is going against work to stop him.
delmasthebeast

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be more worried about the amount of pressure or hurries he gets opposed to the actual number of sacks. And even then, I'm going to be more worried about what he is doing later in the season then the first four weeks.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be watching to see what his aggregate numbers are this season.

I don't think its fair to expect to much, to soon, but he is the number five pick so in no way does he get a free pass.

One would hope the number five pick contributes immediately.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detroitroar

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
i love this quote from Ziggy

Quote:
“If you love somebody, you want to grab them. So, I love quarterbacks.”

I laughed my behind off when I heard that.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:

JJ Watt had 5

5 would exceed 4.5 so you are saying same thing I did

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would he need 4.5 sacks or more?

What if he gets 4 but shows dominance on the line and forces double blocks like Suh?

Its just his rookie year. We can't go off of one stat and say whether he is successful or not. 2 sacks isn't indicative of a bust and 10 sacks doesn't make him an instant HOF.

There is just so much more than one stat. I know we got him as a pass rusher. Someone to get to the QB. There is still a developmental stage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: