Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread IV: Good Job Agent Shelvey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukjets21

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Hatem, Santon, Krul, Debuchy, Tioté, Yohan, Coloccini, Jonas, Simpson all important pieces who have missed about a month or more of time during the year.

Santon, Tiote, Jonas and Simpson are all crap. Missing Ben Arfa has hurt them more than anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newcastle interested in recruiting Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing
Quote:
Newcastle United are closely monitoring Jay Spearing's potential availability at Liverpool and considering bidding for the midfielder as long as the slump that has taken Alan Pardew's team to one place above the relegation zone does not get any worse and sends them into the Championship.

Spearing has spent this season on loan at Bolton Wanderers, where he has already won player of the year awards from two different supporters' groups. He has a year remaining on his contract at Liverpool and may have to leave Anfield on a permanent basis if he wants to carry on getting regular first-team football.

The 24-year-old has become an integral part of the Bolton side that Dougie Freedman has taken to sixth in the Championship, with the opportunity to confirm a play-off spot by beating Blackpool at home on Saturday.

As said in the article he has been a key player for Bolton this season so it is nice to see that the loan has generated interest in him.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Championship player, I'm not sure he's better than what Newcastle already have though. Would be a decent signing for one of the promoted teams.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
So, rumors going around that Alex Pearce will be signed on a free. Of what I've seen of him (which is very little), he seems like a decent 3rd option at CB. Seems like the source of this came from clickliverpool. I remember seeing that source before and I don't have the best memory of how reliable they are. It seems usually though that most places wouldn't lie about actually signing someone or on the verge of signing someone, but we'll have to see.

Liverpool FC deny move for Reading defender Alex Pearce
Quote:
LIVERPOOL FC have dismissed reports that they have set up a deal to sign Reading defender Alex Pearce.

"There is absolutely no truth in the stories," said a club spokesman.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a poor signing. Coates is a better player than Pearce.

Liverpool need players who can play the ball as opposed to simply ''brute'' players. Pearce is too scrappy and rugged.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers doesn't like Coates for some weird reason... Rolling Eyes I dunno. I've seen comparisons to Carragher on Twitter. Rodgers sees Pearce as a leader and as you said a rugged more physical CB. However, I think fans underestimate Carraghers ball skills. He is no way near Agger but he has always been a decent technical player and smart with the ball.

Also home kits are official. No the whites aren't the away kit. Those are the short sleeve GK kits. Once again those WHITES ARE NOT THE AWAY KIT.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, saw the denial. Wonder who will be brought in at CB. Saw somewhere that Carragher was giving his suggestions on who he thought would be good replacements for him. Dunno how much truth there is, but am a little skeptical on his judgment if that's the case.

Regarding Pearce again, from what I've seen he seemed decent enough. He looked pretty comfortable on the ball which is one huge factor I think BR considers. Coates doesn't have that comfortability on the ball for one and is obviously not that fast for being six-six. There's just no way Coates is going to be around. Only a matter of time before he goes and becomes a great physical CB at some club that needs someone like that.

Edit: Yeah, saddening the white kits aren't the away ones. So disappointing since for a second when I first saw them I thought Warrior might've pulled a prank with the ones that were leaked before. Sad

At least the home kit looks great.
Kempes

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Pearce quite a lot when he was in the Championship with Reading and he excels in scrappy games when you just need him to stick his head on it.

When he comes up against teams who play intelligent football with pace, he struggles though. With that said, he does show good work rate and controlled ferocity that a CB needs.

I don't think he's a bad player but if Liverpool want to start finishing in the top 5 again, I wouldn't pursue him.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearce would be disastrous, we need to aim much higher than him. What happened to all the talk of Alderweireld, that'd be better. Hell even Ashley Williams would be much better.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
I don't think he's a bad player but if Liverpool want to start finishing in the top 5 again, I wouldn't pursue him.

Liverpool needs CB depth with Carragher gone and Coates/Skrtel being out of favor. Unless one of them can somehow play themselves back into Rodgers good grace, the club needs a few CBs. However, I worry about Pearce even as a third CB. I can live with him for about 10-15 games a season against lower table teams and in Cup games but even for an extended period as an injury replacement would concern me.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Liverpool needs CB depth with Carragher gone and Coates/Skrtel being out of favor. Unless one of them can somehow play themselves back into Rodgers good grace, the club needs a few CBs. However, I worry about Pearce even as a third CB. I can live with him for about 10-15 games a season against lower table teams and in Cup games but even for an extended period as an injury replacement would concern me.

Both Coates and Skrtel are better, it'd be an abysmal move on our behalf if that's what we did. There's also Kelly or Wisdom to consider.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Both Coates and Skrtel are better, it'd be an abysmal move on our behalf if that's what we did. There's also Kelly or Wisdom to consider.
Sadly with Liverpool's history that makes the move more likely to happen. Laughing During the summer, we would lose Skrtel and Carragher and bring in Pearce and Williams.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:
dotmotion wrote:
Kempes wrote:

Sadly with Liverpool's history that makes the move more likely to happen. Laughing During the summer, we would lose Skrtel and Carragher and bring in Pearce and Williams.

Man how depressing.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was just talking about Pearce as being a back-up option. Don't think he's cut out to be starting for sure.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home kits are nice.

I really hope the away and third kits aren't as terrible as they appeared to be.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: