Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tajh Boyd in 2014 NFL DRAFT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Tajh Boyd in 2014 NFL DRAFT Reply with quote

Alright, I know what you guys are thinking...COME ON MAN! but I love the draft and I cant help but already be thinking ahead into the future.

I was looking at our schedule and I see us unfortunately getting 3-4 wins next year. That would roughly put us in the same position next year picking about 3-4. (which is okay, because next year should have a lot of talent coming out including qb's)

Clowney is out of the picture because he will most likely go 1 or 2.

Which brings me to my point, I would love to draft Tajh Boyd QB out of Clemson next year. This kid is something special and I would not be one bit surprised if hes better than Johny Football at the next level (yeah I said it). Ive only seen him about 4 times last year, and every time he consistantly made big time play, fitting balls into tight windows, scrambling, working through his progressions, keeping his eyes up feild.

The last game I saw of him that completely had me sold that this guy is gots everything it takes to play at the next level. Instead of talking about it, watch these highlights if you havent already seen this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200or7xOVJY

This is one of the best qb performances I have ever seen. Letme know what you guys think.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good, but the QB I want is Bridgewater
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This day last year, the majority of everyone was clamoring for Landry Jones or Barkley, but we would never have a chance at one of them because they would be going 1-2 in the draft. Or top 5 at least.

If there's one constant in college prospects, it's that there is no constant, things change Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the 2nd rated DE is the real question if we are drafting where you are projecting.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Who is the 2nd rated DE is the real question if we are drafting where you are projecting.

I looked that up yesterday myself. The isnt really a highly projected DE after Clowney. If you look at most 2014 Mocks DT Nix is the next highest rated dlineman. I wouldnt mind taking him in the top 5 to be honest. The next DE is the kid out of USC Breslin. As of right now he would be overdrafted in the top 3. Depending on the season he has he could easily be a top 10 pick next year though.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Aaron Lynch DE South Florida..this guy is a stud, he led Notre Dame in sacks as a TRUE freshman, than transferred to South Florida. He sat out last season though because of family issues I believe I read. I wouldnt mind picking him either.

Im already pumped for next years draft! lol...its going to be a long 365 days.

EDIT: heres a great highlight clip on him, shows the type of player he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0mjLHLc0bA
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we'll be in the market for a quarterback, since we just traded for Flynn and drafted Tyler Wilson. If it is true and we are in the top 3 or 4 picks, my top choice would be Clowney of course. I just wonder if he'll project as a 43 DE or a 34 OLB. Either way Im sure we'll build the scheme around him. Breslin would be great if he continues to develop. He was by far the best defensive player on SC this year, which I suppose doesnt mean much but give the kid credit.

Depending on the contract situation with Veldheer, I wouldnt mind beefing up our line with Talyor Lewan or Jake Matthews, sort of what the Chiefs and Jags did this year even though they had Albert and Monroe, respectively.

Although Im intrigued by Boyd, Bridgewater, and maybe even Maziel, Ill wait till the season plays out before I give up on Wilson, Flynn, and maybe Pryor
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I looked that up yesterday myself. The isnt really a highly projected DE after Clowney. If you look at most 2014 Mocks DT Nix is the next highest rated dlineman. I wouldnt mind taking him in the top 5 to be honest. The next DE is the kid out of USC Breslin. As of right now he would be overdrafted in the top 3. Depending on the season he has he could easily be a top 10 pick next year though.

I asked this question to show that there will always be someone during the season that will rise up and be at the top of everyone's "big boards". gawd I really hate that term. Laughing

Raider X hooked me with the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you're getting a little ahead of yourself on hyping Boyd. Just like everyone has done with Bridgewater.

Locker, Barkley, Landry Jones, etc, etc. were all QBs projected as 1st round picks coming into the next college season. And what happened?

They have to prove it on Saturday's next fall. I don't even want to think about QBs until about November.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a huge tiger fan and Tahj is very talented. Good feet really good arm. Smart reads the field well. But the best player for Clemson hands down is Sammy Watkins. Watch him and you may want to go wr. My question would be if we are in a position to take Clowney or any of the top Qbs would everyone rather take say Clowney or rather get a Rams type of trade?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a lot of good players next year. Have my eye on Van Noy and Anthony Bar.

Another guy I am very high on for a while now is Ifo Ekpre-Olumu. Man he is good. Would be nice to have two good young corners.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Tuggles son Grady Jackson also plays for the Tigers he is a really good DT btw
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
This day last year, the majority of everyone was clamoring for Landry Jones or Barkley, but we would never have a chance at one of them because they would be going 1-2 in the draft. Or top 5 at least.

If there's one constant in college prospects, it's that there is no constant, things change Laughing

Exactly. This discussion can wait for 3/4 of a year.

PM sig requests.
Django

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Think you're getting a little ahead of yourself on hyping Boyd. Just like everyone has done with Bridgewater.

Locker, Barkley, Landry Jones, Tyler Wilson etc, etc. were all QBs projected as 1st round picks coming into the next college season. And what happened?

They have to prove it on Saturday's next fall. I don't even want to think about QBs until about November.

FIFY
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="big_palooka"]Think you're getting a little ahead of yourself on hyping Boyd. Just like everyone has done with Bridgewater.

Locker, Barkley, Landry Jones, etc, etc. were all QBs projected as 1st round picks coming into the next college season. And what happened?

They have to prove it on Saturday's next fall. I don't even want to think about QBs until about November.[/quote

You are right, but the draft is a year long event... Makes the year go A LOT SLOWER....keeps me young longer lol..like a little kid waiting for Xmas

But I was more curious to see how you guys stacked Boyd up compared to the other qb's like bridgewater, and manziel who I don't think will come out next year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: