Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Cut Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.

Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.

I tried defending you cause I thought you were just saying why he gets the coverage he gets....

But I see you still don't get it and obviously never will.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe people are still using the college argument, it's embarrassing.
The guy just isn't an NFL caliber QB /discussion

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow got a contract offer. $75 a game sound good Timmy?
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
Heisman winning, two time national championship winning, SEC leading passer before 2011 gets released and gets a 15 page thread...
fify
Why are you so obsessed with his college accomplishments? You do this over and over and over thinking that what he did 6 years ago against Vanderbilt and Kentucky is somehow relevant to what he is now in the NFL.

Because they matter. People need to realize he did this for 4 years already at the highest level and succeeded. He was better than 5 starting QB's in the NFL, and has a record of work to prove it. In the NFL and in College.

I tried defending you cause I thought you were just saying why he gets the coverage he gets....

I was talking about both. I know you hate Tebow, but you need to give credit where it's due. I already told you all the numbers in the other thread.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
fify

I was talking about both. I know you hate Tebow, but you need to give credit where it's due. I already told you all the numbers in the other thread.

Lmao. My feelings for Tebow mean nothing in this instance. Using college stats and accomplishments are 100%... without a doubt POINTLESS when talking about any and every NFL player!

Simple as that.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
adamq

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
fify

Why aren't guys like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Troy Smith starting in the NFL?!?!? They were great in college, too!

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
fify

Why aren't guys like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Troy Smith starting in the NFL?!?!? They were great in college, too!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
fify

Can you then explain to me why Eric Crouch isn't a huge success in the NFL. I mean, he was good in college too!

And before you accuse me of Tebow bashing, remember that I'm a Broncos fan and I like Tebow.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:

Young and Leinart had a fair shot and proved they couldn't deliver wins. Tebow got half a season and turned around a losing frachise and won a playoff game.

Not that I am defending his statement. I also don't believe college accolades translate to the NFL. I base my opinion off the achievements Tebow achieved while under center for the Broncos. The 8-5 record, the 4th quarter comebacks, the game winning drives, and the playoff performance.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
JAX Troll 90

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I base my opinion off the achievements the Broncos achieved while Tebow was under center. The 8-5 record, the 4th quarter comebacks, the game winning drives, and the playoff performance.

FIFY.

Vince Young rode the Titans on an eerily similar streak in '06.

This is a good example of how "he" did it.

John Elway formed an opinion from watching the 2011 Broncos, too, which led him to ship Tebow two time zones away.

(In other news, we're still waiting for Vince Young to give Maurice Jones-Drew's 2006 OROY back.)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:

Tyrod was awesome at vT ..set records and won games..ask Suh Laughing Foles does have potential.....to suck. and yes Taylor has more potential than both...and was a better qb in college than both.

Nebraska was playing the best defense in the country at that point and it was like 40 mph wind. Can't tell anything from that game.

Free Ray Rice
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading Tebow threads makes me so thankful that trainwreck is clear of Denver.

He really has no business being a backup, what HC is going to want Tebow to teach a young rookie how to play QB?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Reading Tebow threads makes me so thankful that trainwreck is clear of Denver.

He really has no business being a backup, what HC is going to want Tebow to teach a young rookie how to play QB?

Isn't that what coaches are for?

Free Ray Rice
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARSLCF04 wrote:
CFL.... that is all

He'll be even worse in the CFL. It's a pure passing league, and Tebow can't throw the football.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
adamq wrote:

Young and Leinart had a fair shot and proved they couldn't deliver wins. Tebow got half a season and turned around a losing frachise and won a playoff game.

One major difference: teams actually respected Leinart and VY when they were young players and trying to lead their teams. Pittsburgh didn't remotely respect Tebow's arm, which is why Thomas was left virtually uncovered on that OT play. Even the most pedestrian QB could've made that throw because no one was around.

Quote:
Not that I am defending his statement. I also don't believe college accolades translate to the NFL. I base my opinion off the achievements Tebow achieved while under center for the Broncos. The 8-5 record, the 4th quarter comebacks, the game winning drives, and the playoff performance.

I think you're failing to acknowledge why any of that was possible: Denver's defense allowed for much of that because teams couldn't score on them, making Tebow's responsibilities much easier since he really never had to lead a team to score more than 17 points. Once teams were able to adjust to Tebow's one dimensional style, it was over for him.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21

Jump to: