Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno fires agent
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jayeburgh


Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Location: Casco, Maine
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Geno has a terrible attitude. Very childish and petty. I mean, just look at this quote:

ďIím going to remember this weekend for a long time and so are the teams that didnít draft me.Ē

What an angry jerk.

Oh wait no, Barkley said that.


Ben Cheeseburger said something similar.

Doesn't sound angry at all. More like, he's going to prove himself on the field.

Barkley didn't sit at his table and look upset and depressed like Geno.

I swear everyone that goes to WVU thinks they are better than they really are.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13404
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old FF mantra, jumping to conclusions. Somebody brought up the fact that the only reason why people considered EJ Manuel is because of the Senior. Even Eric Fisher. Ziggy Ansah balled in the game and had he not attended he 100% wouldve went #5. Of course his agent had a say in the matter whether to go the senior bowl. And LOL at people using Nawrocki's article. People are attacking his character when they know nothing or cant actually provide evidence to buffer their point. I mean i bet when Eli refused to play for SD people called him arrogant, selfish, stubborn or whatever. And ive read Rodgers did the same thing, if that did happen why are people connecting the dots.

Some people are pathetic here.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this really isn't that big of a deal at all.

The Jets organization is just cursed with bad media.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 10036
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with the Jets and circus Qbs?

Laughing
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 29542
Location: Anywhere But Here
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Unless his agent said something that turned teams off from him, this is just a case of a player looking for somebody to blame.

...or did something, which I think Geno's agent might have done. Geno Smith probably would have gone in the top 5 had he gone to the Senior Bowl. The Senior Bowl is the reason why E.J. Manuel was even considered in the first round. If the agent is the reason why Geno did not attend the Senior Bowl, he deserves to be fired.


If Geno Smith's agent has to tell him to go to Senior Bowl, than Geno Smith is a idiot.. I believe his arrogance was the reason he didn't go to Senior Bowl. I'm not saying Geno is gonna bust, but after every interview I here, I'm liking EJ over Geno more and more.

They have polar opposite attitudes and maturity
Your just not good at this huh?

Jayeburgh wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
Geno has a terrible attitude. Very childish and petty. I mean, just look at this quote:

ďIím going to remember this weekend for a long time and so are the teams that didnít draft me.Ē

What an angry jerk.

Oh wait no, Barkley said that.


Ben Cheeseburger said something similar.

Doesn't sound angry at all. More like, he's going to prove himself on the field.

Barkley didn't sit at his table and look upset and depressed like Geno.

I swear everyone that goes to WVU thinks they are better than they really are.
Barkley didn't expect to be a first round pick. I'm not even sure he got invited. Laughing
_________________
PSN: Suavesky

RIP Robin Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Django


Joined: 03 May 2012
Posts: 3013
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Where did all this pigeon holing Geno suddenly come from?

During the season he was renowned as this great, tough, hard working kid who was as humble as can be by almost everybody you could talk to in Morgantown.

Suddenly that was all a lie and he's Cam Newton lite?

I don't buy it. Not for one second. He's obviously got a good reason to fire his agent other than just "I'm mad I wasn't a day one pick".


With the 39th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft The NEW YORK JETS select Geno Smith Quarterback West Virginia

and Jets "fans" like these guys made it even worse, they were looking for more attention than Ray Lewis last post season

check them out





how can a guy get respect when his own teams fans chant he sucks and scream no about the pick


It all comes down to wins and performance. They'll be doing this if Geno plays up to his potential.


_________________
McGloin > Carr bandwagon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 27498
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like attitude to me, looks like a guy who got underdrafted and isn't happy about it and stating that other teams that passed on him will regret it.

What do you want him to say? "I don't think I'm that great, so I'll just go out and not prove any of my doubters wrong" Does that sound better?
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 29542
Location: Anywhere But Here
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Doesn't look like attitude to me, looks like a guy who got underdrafted and isn't happy about it and stating that other teams that passed on him will regret it.

What do you want him to say? "I don't think I'm that great, so I'll just go out and not prove any of my doubters wrong" Does that sound better?
To the haters? Yes.
_________________
PSN: Suavesky

RIP Robin Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14836
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Doesn't look like attitude to me, looks like a guy who got underdrafted and isn't happy about it and stating that other teams that passed on him will regret it.

What do you want him to say? "I don't think I'm that great, so I'll just go out and not prove any of my doubters wrong" Does that sound better?


Here's the thing, he doesn't have to say anything, in fact I think at this point, people wish he would just STOP saying anything. Alright, you're hurt you weren't the #1 overall pick, that's fine but in a draft where the QB position was not the highlight, you should've expected it. Then you threw a fit and left the draft and threatened to not come back for Day 2 like anyone actually gave a crap. Here's the problem I have with everything that has happened with Geno Smith in the last 2 weeks, HE is the one making the scene. HE is the one attracting the negative attention.

Just shut up and work hard. Prove people wrong on the football field because responding stupidly to twitter posts and getting bent out of shape over draft position is not going to win you football games.

Also, as far as him wanting to make all the teams that didn't select him regret it, I promise you there is at least 10 teams that will never wish they had drafted Geno Smith. All of them have Franchise QB's.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!


Last edited by wwhickok on Wed May 01, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29407
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The old FF mantra, jumping to conclusions. Somebody brought up the fact that the only reason why people considered EJ Manuel is because of the Senior. Even Eric Fisher. Ziggy Ansah balled in the game and had he not attended he 100% wouldve went #5. Of course his agent had a say in the matter whether to go the senior bowl. And LOL at people using Nawrocki's article. People are attacking his character when they know nothing or cant actually provide evidence to buffer their point. I mean i bet when Eli refused to play for SD people called him arrogant, selfish, stubborn or whatever. And ive read Rodgers did the same thing, if that did happen why are people connecting the dots.

Some people are pathetic here.


I thoroughly agree with this post. +1,000
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Supersuavesky


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 29542
Location: Anywhere But Here
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Doesn't look like attitude to me, looks like a guy who got underdrafted and isn't happy about it and stating that other teams that passed on him will regret it.

What do you want him to say? "I don't think I'm that great, so I'll just go out and not prove any of my doubters wrong" Does that sound better?


Here's the thing, he doesn't have to say anything, in fact I think at this point, people wish he would just STOP saying anything. Alright, you're [inappropriate/removed] you weren't the #1 overall pick, that's fine but in a draft where the QB position was not the highlight, you should've expected it. Then you threw a fit and left the draft and threatened to not come back for Day 2 like anyone actually gave a crap. Here's the problem I have with everything that has happened with Geno Smith in the last 2 weeks, HE is the one making the scene. HE is the one attracting the negative attention.

Just shut up and work hard. Prove people wrong on the football field because responding stupidly to twitter posts and getting bent out of shape over draft position is not going to win you football games.

Also, as far as him wanting to make all the teams that didn't select him regret it, I promise you there is at least 10 teams that will never wish they had drafted Geno Smith. All of them have Franchise QB's.
So basically your angry at him for no reason. Or just uninformed. Pick one.

He hasn't been doing anything. It's just dumb comments like these that put him in a bad light. He threw a fit because he didn't want to give an interview on his mother's birthday? When she was upset that he didn't get drafted?

And now you give hate because he fired his agent for not doing his job? Get over youself dude.

His agent had a job and he failed to do it. People get fired when they don't do their job.
_________________
PSN: Suavesky

RIP Robin Williams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14836
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
So basically your angry at him for no reason. Or just uninformed. Pick one.

He hasn't been doing anything. It's just dumb comments like these that put him in a bad light. He threw a fit because he didn't want to give an interview on his mother's birthday? When she was upset that he didn't get drafted?

And now you give hate because he fired his agent for not doing his job? Get over youself dude.

His agent had a job and he failed to do it. People get fired when they don't do their job.


FIRST OF ALL! I don't hate Geno Smith at all. Secondly, you said he hasn't been doing anything right?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/24/quarterback-geno-smith-fires-at-critics-on-twitter/2110253/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164022/article/geno-smith-wont-return-for-day-2-of-2013-nfl-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165513/article/geno-smith-fires-agent-after-fall-to-new-york-jets

Yep, that's nothing. Yep, that's not Geno Smith basically throwing a temper Tantrum over and over again. That's fine. All I'm saying is he has yet to handle his situation with any maturity really.

As far as the firing of his agent, I don't really have a major issue with that, depending on his reasoning. It could be as simple as Geno Smith feeling that Select Sports did not do an adequate job representing him. That's his choice to go in a different direction. But honestly, if it's because he wasn't a first round pick, that's a little petty because agents have very little influence over that, if any.

He needs to change his focus from all of the negativity to football and learning the playbook and creating relationships with his teammates, etc.

I actually hope Geno Smith does well, but as I said before, at times, he makes it hard to support him.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 23947
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Geno has a terrible attitude. Very childish and petty. I mean, just look at this quote:

ďIím going to remember this weekend for a long time and so are the teams that didnít draft me.Ē

What an angry jerk.

Oh wait no, Barkley said that.


The difference isn't about saying something -- it's about who they are making "pay". Barkley is showing confidence in his abilities in a "I told you so" kind of way -- Geno appears to be simply taking it out on his agents rather than putting it on his own shoulders to "show them".
_________________


SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29407
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
So basically your angry at him for no reason. Or just uninformed. Pick one.

He hasn't been doing anything. It's just dumb comments like these that put him in a bad light. He threw a fit because he didn't want to give an interview on his mother's birthday? When she was upset that he didn't get drafted?

And now you give hate because he fired his agent for not doing his job? Get over youself dude.

His agent had a job and he failed to do it. People get fired when they don't do their job.


FIRST OF ALL! I don't hate Geno Smith at all. Secondly, you said he hasn't been doing anything right?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/24/quarterback-geno-smith-fires-at-critics-on-twitter/2110253/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000164022/article/geno-smith-wont-return-for-day-2-of-2013-nfl-draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165513/article/geno-smith-fires-agent-after-fall-to-new-york-jets

Yep, that's nothing. Yep, that's not Geno Smith basically throwing a temper Tantrum over and over again. That's fine. All I'm saying is he has yet to handle his situation with any maturity really.

As far as the firing of his agent, I don't really have a major issue with that, depending on his reasoning. It could be as simple as Geno Smith feeling that Select Sports did not do an adequate job representing him. That's his choice to go in a different direction. But honestly, if it's because he wasn't a first round pick, that's a little petty because agents have very little influence over that, if any.

He needs to change his focus from all of the negativity to football and learning the playbook and creating relationships with his teammates, etc.

I actually hope Geno Smith does well, but as I said before, at times, he makes it hard to support him.


Did you actually read the first article you linked up there? Laughing

You're not helping your point at all....
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"It's not even to get back at anyone because I can't do that through Twitter,'' Smith told USA TODAY Sports Wednesday. "The only way I can do that is to prove them wrong on the field. Basically, what I said is, 'I'd like to thank you for continuing to motivate me and to keep me motivated.'



Man he is such a jerk!!!! He just really grinds my gears!!
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group