Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Tebow waived by New York Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

This is the issue, people seem to percevie Tebow as something better or worse than he is actually is, instead of just looking at the player for what he is.... a young player with potential that needs developed.

I don't perceive him to be anything more than he is. A bad QB with potential and a lot of baggage who was overdrafted and overhyped before Bill Belichick dismantled him.

just cant help yourself can you.

Am I wrong? Im not saying he can't recover, he certainly can. If anything in college Tebow proved that he has an uncanny ability to embrace failure and recover.

But, can you deny that he was 1. Drafted too highly, or 2. Overexposed by media? Neither of these were his fault necessarily but they are things that should be noted.

And Belichick did dismantle him. The Patriots had a defense that was terrible in 2011, 31st in total yardage, 31st in passing yardage. And a week after Tebow's best game as a pro he went 9 for 26 for 136 yards with 5 rushes for 13 yards and a fumble. But then again, being beaten by BB is hardly something that is unique to Tebow
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
This thread has so much lulz potential. Sadly, it's turned into the circus that is Tim Tebow. A serious discussion regarding his potential as a #3 QB. (Sigh.)
IS THERE NO JUSTICE IN THIS CRUEL, CRUEL WORLD?

There is, and he is scheduled to visit the Browns on Wednesday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
He's the biggest team cancer to grace the NFL since 05 TO. I don't want him.

he is the biggest team cancer since 2005 TO?!?! GTFO

he wasnt a cancer at all to Denver and only became a problem in NY becaue its freaking NY, they make the smallest things seem important and then you mix the utter crap that is Mark Sanchez and the coaching staff still wouldnt give him a chance.

I would bring him in for the #3 role. Hell Chud had some great read option offensive packages for Newton. It be great to bring that into Cleveland

Calling Tebow a cancer is plain ignorant.

The cancer is not Tebow, the cancer is the biases of fans as Roger is clearly demonstrating.
''

I suppose its unfair to Tebow to call him a cancer. Hes more the needle that injects the poison rather than the poison itself.

Through no fault of his own, inheriting Tim Tebow brings significant baggage because with him comes an irrational fanbase that doesn't have the teams self interest in mind. I don't want that on my team. You saw how happy the Broncos were to get rid of him even after his lucky season. The flipped a playoff winning QB for a 4th rounder, and then drafted a young QB to groom in the second round. They had an out to get rid of him and took it immediately. If they though he was worth keeping they could have easily done it and saved themselves draft position. The Jets made the mistake of taking him, he was a large part of why their season spiraled out of control, and they decided to flush the poison from their system after being unable to get anything from him.

Theres a reason why teams who could use a capable young QB to groom and dying to get rid of him. Hes not talented and not even close to being worth the headache.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
This thread has so much lulz potential. Sadly, it's turned into the circus that is Tim Tebow. A serious discussion regarding his potential as a #3 QB. (Sigh.)

And therein lies the proof of the ridiculousness of DPK's argument.

Winston Justice has numerous suitors in the NFL right now, while Tim Tebow passes through waivers unclaimed.
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to chop up some potatoes for dinner tonight. Lo and behold, I almost fainted. There was a picture of Tim Tebow on the potato!

Every time the Browns start a new QB, a puppy dies!
Adopt-A-Browne: Mike Lombardi
2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
He's the biggest team cancer to grace the NFL since 05 TO. I don't want him.

he is the biggest team cancer since 2005 TO?!?! GTFO

he wasnt a cancer at all to Denver and only became a problem in NY becaue its freaking NY, they make the smallest things seem important and then you mix the utter crap that is Mark Sanchez and the coaching staff still wouldnt give him a chance.

I would bring him in for the #3 role. Hell Chud had some great read option offensive packages for Newton. It be great to bring that into Cleveland

Calling Tebow a cancer is plain ignorant.

The cancer is not Tebow, the cancer is the biases of fans as Roger is clearly demonstrating.
''

I suppose its unfair to Tebow to call him a cancer. Hes more the needle that injects the poison rather than the poison itself.

Through no fault of his own, inheriting Tim Tebow brings significant baggage because with him comes an irrational fanbase that doesn't have the teams self interest in mind. I don't want that on my team. You saw how happy the Broncos were to get rid of him even after his lucky season. The flipped a playoff winning QB for a 4th rounder, and then drafted a young QB to groom in the second round. They had an out to get rid of him and took it immediately. If they though he was worth keeping they could have easily done it and saved themselves draft position. The Jets made the mistake of taking him, he was a large part of why their season spiraled out of control, and they decided to flush the poison from their system after being unable to get anything from him.

Theres a reason why teams who could use a capable young QB to groom and dying to get rid of him. Hes not talented and not even close to being worth the headache.

Tebow may not be poison for a team, but one GM thinks he's "radioactive".

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/381779-tim-tebow-considered-radioactive-to-at-least-one-general-manager?eref=sihp

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

And therein lies the proof of the ridiculousness of DPK's argument.

Winston Justice has numerous suitors in the NFL right now, while Tim Tebow passes through waivers unclaimed.

Never said anyone would be beating down his agent's door.

Also, Im not positive on this but I think he had to pass through waivers in order to negate the money owned on his contract with the Jets. 1 million plus if I remember right.... now he can be signed for league minimum if a team wants to - which was what I have already said he should be signed for.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
If you think the NY media makes small things seem important, imagine what the Cleveland media would do.

Most negative group of ninnies in the country. That's a fact. It's science.

Fun Fact:

The Montreal Allouettes own the CFL rights to Tebow. Their HMFIC stated that they would welcome Tebow to compete for the backup QB spot.

Their starting QB is 40.

He couldn't even be guaranteed a #2 QB spot in the CFL.

Let that sink in.

He would have to be the backup, Anthony Calvillo may be 40 but he has dominated the CFL for years and the Als would not just let someone take what he has earned.

Browns
Bama
Maple Leafs

@BrownieLeafer
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gonna be a Brown, bank it.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:

GO

AW

AY

#JDI
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:

Highly doubt it.

I think he leaves the NFL completely and flirts with coaching at OSU with Meyer. However he will move on to the talk circuit, writes more books, and makes tens of millions, and turns that money into his mission work... maybe even starts his own church.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:

Highly doubt it.

I think he leaves the NFL completely and flirts with coaching at OSU with Meyer. However he will move on to the talk circuit, writes more books, and makes tens of millions, and turns that money into his mission work... maybe even starts his own church.

I'd like to see him become one of those TV preachers like Ernest Angsley. HEEE-AAAL!

2013 stats...2 head coaches fired, &over 300 cups of coffee served daily to Banner.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:

Highly doubt it.

I'd like to see him become one of those TV preachers like Ernest Angsley. HEEE-AAAL!

haha yes

#JDI
NewWorldOrder

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:

Highly doubt it.

haha yes

The best part is, he could brand his own fashion.
TT: Okay folks, who needs saved?
Woman in crowd: I do! My arthritis is so painful, I can hardly walk.
TT: Come on up to the stage and get Tebowed! (Consists of him doing the head smack thing with his palm).

He might have to try and smack her head twice, he only has 46% accuracy.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: