Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New 2014 Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:
i woulda loved bridgewater if we didn't draft geno this year (why idzik, why?). but now we basically can't go QB in round 1 next year so I'd prefer Marquise Lee so we can get Geno a legit #1 WR with julio jones type potential/ability.

Im not a Geno fan at all. I dont think he is the answer, and it will show this year. Plus he is a 2nd rd pick, so you arent tied to him financially. Therefore, I have the best QB as the pick. Plus, there is always a chance that Rex will get canned, and new regimes mean new QBs.

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
What is your reasoning about the Rams going CB? Obviously anything can happen but at this point I'd think safety, lb, and o-line would be more of concerns. I like the Nix pick.

On offense, I dont think you need anyone as of this moment, Of course that can change during and after the season if Long, Austin, Givens, Cook, etc are busts, but for now I think the pick would be wasted. On defense you have two solid ends, two tackles because of the Nix selection, and a pretty good LB corp. I dont see a safety that should be chosen quite that high yet, and with how the league is going, a good nickle corner is a must.

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Wide receiver doesn't make any sense for us..... Floyd, Alexander, Brown, Allen..... waaaaaaay too many needs to go WR....

I pretty much went BPA there. Giving Rivers another weapon to go with Allen, and a potentially healthy Floyd. I could definitely see a selection of Roby or Kouandijo, but a potential true #1 receiver for Rivers was too good to pass up imo.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Who cares where you are picking, it doesn't matter now, nor will it for another 360 days, stick to the players picked.

I think the draft spot is a little too early for Smith, Murray, or Carr, but I could see a trade down for a QB. Plus with the way the QB class is shaping up right now, you can find a QB with your second pick that would normally be a first round selection. Plus you will have a WR corp of Blackmon, Shorts, and Watkins for whoever it is. That would be scary.

#JDI
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: New 2014 Draft Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
5.Philadelphia-Marcus Mariota/QB/Oregon

I will crucify you, well verbally. Yeah this pick on a scale of 1-10? Terribad.
ctpatsfan77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time seeing Johnny Manziel making it past New England in the draft. Either (A) the Patriots would trade down to someone wanting to grab him, or (B) BB would start salivating and just draft Manziel himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
What is your reasoning about the Rams going CB? Obviously anything can happen but at this point I'd think safety, lb, and o-line would be more of concerns. I like the Nix pick.

On offense, I dont think you need anyone as of this moment, Of course that can change during and after the season if Long, Austin, Givens, Cook, etc are busts, but for now I think the pick would be wasted. On defense you have two solid ends, two tackles because of the Nix selection, and a pretty good LB corp. I dont see a safety that should be chosen quite that high yet, and with how the league is going, a good nickle corner is a must.
Except we already have our Top 3 CBs in Janoris Jenkins, Cortland Finnegan & Trumaine Johnson (all proved perfect in their rolse last year, which is all you have to go on right now) and also added some depth with getting Brandon McGee in the 5th this year.

While on the other side, its a pretty good bet that Roger Saffold wont be a Ram going into 2014 as he & his representatives think he is a LT not RT (and rightfully so). So finding a RT to complete the OL is pretty important, and we could also be looking at a Guard depending on how Rok Watkins plays & if we still have Scott Wells on the roster.

And Honestly, Im not really that sure why we would be grabbing Nix either. Not saying we wouldnt, but for some reason people think that Kendall Langford was a "disappointment" last season. Not even close. He was a great cog in the DL and made a bunch of plays behind the LOS.

The clear top 3 Needs for this team going into 2014 will likely be Free Safety, a Right Tackle, and a Sam LB. The order will depend on how they are used in the systems this season, but I would put it there. DT, G, & RB would be secondary needs.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:

Except we already have our Top 3 CBs in Janoris Jenkins, Cortland Finnegan & Trumaine Johnson (all proved perfect in their rolse last year, which is all you have to go on right now) and also added some depth with getting Brandon McGee in the 5th this year.

While on the other side, its a pretty good bet that Roger Saffold wont be a Ram going into 2014 as he & his representatives think he is a LT not RT (and rightfully so). So finding a RT to complete the OL is pretty important, and we could also be looking at a Guard depending on how Rok Watkins plays & if we still have Scott Wells on the roster.

And Honestly, Im not really that sure why we would be grabbing Nix either. Not saying we wouldnt, but for some reason people think that Kendall Langford was a "disappointment" last season. Not even close. He was a great cog in the DL and made a bunch of plays behind the LOS.

The clear top 3 Needs for this team going into 2014 will likely be Free Safety, a Right Tackle, and a Sam LB. The order will depend on how they are used in the systems this season, but I would put it there. DT, G, & RB would be secondary needs.

I don't think it is that Langford is/was a disappointment but get younger and cheaper at the position. Moving on from Langford if he isn't in the future and free up cap to extend guys like Quinn at that point.

I agree with you everything else you said though.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I don't think it is that Langford is/was a disappointment but get younger and cheaper at the position. Moving on from Langford if he isn't in the future and free up cap to extend guys like Quinn at that point.
No one desperately important that we need to re-sign will be a Free Agent till after 2015, coincidentally the same year that Langford's contract expires heading into his age 30 season (Les knows whats goin on)

Saffold's up after this season, but he sees himself as a LT, and we arent going to Franchise him, so he wont be back. The only other guys we could look to re-sign after this year are if Darian Stewart proves himself to this regime as a FS, Eugene Sims is a guy they might want to hang onto as good depth but that would be cheap in that scenario, and the only guy who could command some money would be Jo-Lonn Dunbar. And the year after that, its only depth guys; Cudjo is a guy who will be replaced, same with Pettis but they seem to like him. Depending how he progresses and his role in the offense, it would be nice to retain Kendricks, but not a necessity

With a good chance that Dahls contract comes off this season, and now with Wells needing to prove he is worth keeping, we could be as low as $15m under the current cap for next offseason, a cap that is finally going to grow some.

There is no reason to create a hole when we have a capable player there who might even restructure to drop his Cap Number in favor of some guaranteed money that he is almost out of.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Panthers pick.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Mariotas there Chips taking him.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer a DE there, but if blackmon cant stay clean we will need a WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: