Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Cut Tim Tebow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

Just wondering if any of the haters actually listened to this Podcast?
So this guy, who is a quarterback for the Indoor Football League, and has a job that is partially to play as Tebow's hypeman, knows more than NFL scouts?

Obviously coming out of college at least one NFL scout thought Tebow was valuable since Denver traded up to get him in the 1st round.

And I would say he certainly knows more about NFL QB's, mechanics, and what have you then the combined armchair coaches on this forum including me and you.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
WHY DOES A TEAM CUTTING A CAREER BACKUP WORTH 20 PAGES? UGGGHHHH!!!!!

I remember there was a 75+ page thread on Tim Tebow in the NFL news forum too at some point. This is getting really aggravating. Why does everyone really feel the need to discuss this man so much?

/rant.
He's arguably the greatest athlete of all time.

Laughing

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
My old college teammate is his QB coach. He has a lot of good things to say in the podcast, along with Steve Young.

http://www.xtra910.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=interviews&selected_podcast=4-29_Dennis_Gile_PODCAST_1367278682_25101.mp3#.UX9ookHG5UA.facebook

Quote:
"Most NFL teams think he can't throw the ball well, well they are mistaken because he throws the ball very well" Dennis Gile.

He throws it the ground very well.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

So this guy, who is a quarterback for the Indoor Football League, and has a job that is partially to play as Tebow's hypeman, knows more than NFL scouts?

Obviously coming out of college at least one NFL scout thought Tebow was valuable since Denver traded up to get him in the 1st round.

And I would say he certainly knows more about NFL QB's, mechanics, and what have you then the combined armchair coaches on this forum including me and you.

And there's a legitimate reason why McDaniels was fired almost immediately following that season and why Tebow was dumped a year later. Teams make mistakes, and dumping him that quickly was Denver's admission of the mistake. Everyone and their mother knew and/or admitted that Tebow, at best, was a 5th round talent who was going to be over drafted because he was well liked on a personal level.

Northland wrote:
dawoodstaff

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when are people going to stop talking about this loser?

i feel like even if nobody signs him, there will still be an sports center update on what he's doing every month.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawoodstaff wrote:

i feel like even if nobody signs him, there will still be an sports center update on what he's doing every month.

I for one cannot wait to hear what he does next. He will be coming back bigger and better than ever. Calling him a loser is uncalled for.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawoodstaff wrote:

I felt the same way about Brett Favre.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, someone need to post something inappropriate in this thread so a mod will lock this one up. lol

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I remember there was a 75+ page thread on Tim Tebow in the NFL news forum too at some point. This is getting really aggravating. Why does everyone really feel the need to discuss this man so much?

/rant.

Bo Jackson would like to have a word with you.

R-E-L-A-X
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

And there were scouts that thought JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Jimmy Clausen, and Blaine Gabbert could translate well to the NFL as well. People get things wrong. But when we're at a situation where the entire NFL has basically said they want nothing to do with him anymore, after he's had a winning record as a starter, it tells you the general consensus about him. Are we to believe that the consensus is wrong because an Indoor Football League quarterback who moonlights as a trainer (and to an extent a hypeman) says otherwise?

It's not exactly coincidental that the only three front office groups that wanted Tebow have all been fired, in Denver, New York and Jacksonville. Bad front offices make bad decisions.

If the only groups that wanted Tebow are so bad to have been fired, is that really what you want to hang your hat on? That a group that was fired for making bad decisions liked him, when no one else did?

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
And there were scouts that thought JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Jimmy Clausen, and Blaine Gabbert could translate well to the NFL as well. People get things wrong. But when we're at a situation where the entire NFL has basically said they want nothing to do with him anymore, after he's had a winning record as a starter, it tells you the general consensus about him. Are we to believe that the consensus is wrong because an Indoor Football League quarterback who moonlights as a trainer (and to an extent a hypeman) says otherwise??

I would say it has much less to do with his ability to throw or not throw the football and much more to do with the pressure that comes along with the fanbase he brings. Any GM that signs him will bring in a huge amount of new fans, however those fans will be clamoring for Tim to start if the starting QB struggles. In the eyes of most GM's he's just not worth the risk. Add to that the fact that to best use his skillset a tailor made offense has to be put in place. And most teams are not willing to spend a few years drafting the proper pieces to build and run that offense. Which I can say is quite understandable. However the notion that he "can't throw" can be solidly debated by not only game film, but practice film these guys plan on releasing. In the end I think any GM who says they won't sign him cause he"can't throw" is just using it as a nice way of saying "I don't want to deal with the media circus". Which again is understandable.

As far as this guy being a talking head or "hypeman" sure to a degree I would agree with that. But he also has a reputation on the line that he has to protect. If he releases practice film and TT's mechanics are still clunky who else is going to hire this guy? Problem with TT seems to be that no matter how many times you teach him proper mechanics in a game setting he's going to revert back to what he knows. This means he will never be efficient in an orthodox way in which we look at QB's. But if he can give me 27 scores with only 11 turnovers in 13 games....that's alot better then quite a few of the starters in the league right now.

iPwn wrote:

It's not exactly coincidental that the only three front office groups that wanted Tebow have all been fired, in Denver, New York and Jacksonville. Bad front offices make bad decisions.

Trading up to take him in the 1st was surely a bad decision. Substituing him for a struggling Orton was absolutely not. Whether people want to give him credit or not he was the change that sparked that team to play better and earn a playoff berth. Bringing in Peyton Manning is a no brainer. No one blames Denver for making that decision. The Jets brought him in for the fanbase he brings with him. They figured they could throw him out there a few times a game and keep those fans happy. Problem is when Sanchez starting sucking those fans were clamoring for Tim and the front office put themselves in a pickle. This is what I would assume most of the current GM's are scared off.

iPwn wrote:

If the only groups that wanted Tebow are so bad to have been fired, is that really what you want to hang your hat on? That a group that was fired for making bad decisions liked him, when no one else did?

I'm not hanging my hat on anything other then what I saw him do in college and on the NFL football field with my own two eyes. I've stated many times I do not think any team takes another chance with him. But not for the claim that "he can't throw". You can key in on certain stats like completion percentage and criticize his passing game. I prefer to look at the final results. If 50% completion rate gets me 27 scores in 13 games I can live with it and I'm sure so could some GM's. It's the baggage he brings that is scaring them away. Again...understandably.

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
JAX Troll 90

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

/rant.
He's arguably the most ridiculous athlete of all time.

FIFY.

Who ever heard of someone's fan base derailing his career? Most. Ridiculous. Career. Ever.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

/rant.

Yeah, I'm done with thread. I can only handle so much lunacy.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Man, someone need to post something inappropriate in this thread so a mod will lock this one up. lol

Agreed !! Someone has to take one for the team here.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Tacos wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

/rant.

Bo Jackson would like to have a word with you.

As would Herschel Walker.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: