Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ark23's Way Too Early 2014 NFL Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Dude, are you serious? If we somehow pick that high we won't reach for Clinton-Dix...

Barr is an easy pick there.

And where is this 'Colts picking at #7' train coming from?

This really shouldn't be a hard concept, but for at least the third time: discuss who your team picked, not where your team is picking

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Falcons pick, don't know a ton about the prospect, but like him from your description and his position. I think Babs could very well be gone after this year.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol this screams Mike Williams for Bills.. Right now I'd take Taylor Lewan seems safer , but this could change..

Basically just preference but the LT logic moving Glenn to RT or LG makes total sense
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Dude, are you serious? If we somehow pick that high we won't reach for Clinton-Dix...

This really shouldn't be a hard concept, but for [i]at least[/i the third time: discuss who your team picked, not where your team is picking
I was more joking that this is the third mock to have us picking at exactly 7th overall. And I did the discuss the pick, it's equally bad.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pick at 19 and miss the playoffs, then something went terribly wrong and we probably had a ton of injuries on defense. If that is the case TE is the least of our worries. We need a FS.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:

Why so opposed to Clinton-Dix? He might the most talented safety in the nation, 6'1/210 a pure ball-hawk deep safety with great range, soft hands and impressive athletic ability. He didn't see nearly the snaps he will this season because of Robert Lester and Vinnie Sunseri but he'll be the full-time starter this year and I expect him to have a huge season. Impressive athlete, and remember we are a year out. There's a lot of projection involved. Physically Clinton-Dix has the tools, reads coverages well and is a smooth athlete on the back line.

I think he will be a fringe top ten prospect in a year.
MNPackfan32 wrote:
If we pick at 19 and miss the playoffs, then something went terribly wrong and we probably had a ton of injuries on defense. If that is the case TE is the least of our worries. We need a FS.

I agree that safety would be a huge need at that point, but I'm not sure that the value is there. Maybe Ty Zimmerman, but I'm unsure if he's even worth the #21 pick - I don't think he's a big time athlete, and that may hurt his stock come draft time. Lyerla is such a weapon, I think he fits that offense to a tee.

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Lol this screams Mike Williams for Bills.. Right now I'd take Taylor Lewan seems safer , but this could change..

Basically just preference but the LT logic moving Glenn to RT or LG makes total sense

Lewan might be the safer pick but Richardson did just as impressive of a job against Clowney when the Volunteers played South Carolina. I think Richardson's a better athlete too, and being from the SEC/South I think that may put him over the top assuming Buddy Nix is still the GM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: