Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins sign former Falcons RT Tyson Clabo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, Martin was one of the worst LTs in the league last season. He has nowhere to go but up. He's gained strength, familiarity with the system, and experience.

He honestly can't get much worse and all but the most pessimistic Dolphin fans are expecting realistic improvement.

You can't fix every problem on a team in one offseason. We've upgraded WR, TE, LB, RT and added depth at CB, OG and RB. Any impartial NFL fan will have difficulty pointing to any spot on the Dolphins roster and saying we got worse at that position.

Making Martin ride pine after a poor season as a rookie, or sending picks / $$$ to KC for a disgruntled vet instead of sticking with the cheap 2nd round pick with upside would be foolish.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan13 wrote:
adamq wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
This should be a big help to the line...good move, if he does well they can extend for a few more seasons...it does look like they are going with Martin on the Left...

not a good idea..

Im sure you can find a lot of videos of rookies being dominated by one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Seriously. To say anything else would imply Smith was anything but incredible. What rookie could stand a chance?

FF Member #67
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
fishfan13 wrote:
adamq wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
This should be a big help to the line...good move, if he does well they can extend for a few more seasons...it does look like they are going with Martin on the Left...

not a good idea..

Im sure you can find a lot of videos of rookies being dominated by one of the best pass rushers in the league.

Seriously. To say anything else would imply Smith was anything but incredible. What rookie could stand a chance?

One play in which he was embarrassed should be justification for him being awful...bench him now....no player development...top ten player the moment he steps on the field or ship him to Med School...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... I don't see this as a scheme fit, but I guess he was willing to come significantly cheaper than Winston. Regardless, welcome to Miami, Tyson.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Totore

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

not a good idea..

Holy ****! A rookie getting schooled! I've never seen something like that before...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totore wrote:
adamq wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

not a good idea..

Holy ****! A rookie getting schooled! I've never seen something like that before...

Reminds me of a few people that were hating on David DeCastro after getting dominated by Geno Atkins.
adamq

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... I just realized that Jon Martin is not Derek Hall... Laughing

I was under the impression that they were going to be starting a 3rd year undrafted tackle that couldn't make it on the 49ers PS.. so yeah.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
so... I just realized that Jon Martin is not Derek Hall... Laughing

I was under the impression that they were going to be starting a 3rd year undrafted tackle that couldn't make it on the 49ers PS.. so yeah.

How do you get Jon Martin and Derek Hall confused with eachother....?

Think

Nacho Simulation Football League
adamq

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure Laughing

both went to stanford, and they look similar, I guess

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was cut for cap savings but it only netted them $1.5m - not much savings to make it worthwhile. Then he sat in FA for a few months despite a high demand for starting OTs. Something tells me hes not as good or as talented as some here think and its not his Charles Johnson highlight reel either

Sig courtesy of mack.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
He was cut for cap savings but it only netted them $1.5m - not much savings to make it worthwhile. Then he sat in FA for a few months despite a high demand for starting OTs. Something tells me hes not as good or as talented as some here think and its not his Charles Johnson highlight reel either

He sat in FA for exactly one month to the day, not a few months. And it was the month of the draft, and a draft in which 3 of the top 4 picks were tackles, to boot. You might be reading too much into this.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
For bookkeeping purposes, Tyson Clabo got a 1-yr deal worth $3.5M. That's $1M guaranteed and $2.5M base salary.

http://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/statuses/332198385702535168
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: