You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What i think we should do
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cr3p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allen branch for the win
DILinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Stanton is a very good QB, who didn't have a lot of help around him. His "poor decisions" were a result of trying to do too much since he didn't have playmakers around him, and his coach kept betraying him with lousy play calling. I'm with the guys who said Stanton would have done just as well at LSU as Russell. This guy singlehandedly was the only reason to watch MSU football the last few years. He's an exciting player to watch, and given some better talent around him, he would be regarded as one of the best in the NCAA.

I think he'll be a great find for whatever lucky team drafts him, and is able to groom him for a couple years. If that team is the Lions, that would be fabulous. However, as good as I think he'll be, I don't think he'll go high 2nd round, so I wouldn't take him there if I was the Lions. But if Stanton is still there at the top of the third, then I think he'd be a great pick for Detroit!

If you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost...
cr3p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've got an offense that can hang with any defense in the NFC when it's clicking, we showed that even this year. I think we need to focus on defense this draft, seeing as we've already got a decent offense. If we had a formidable, and maybe even fearsome defense that could hold the good teams to far fewer points, our offense could have the chance to stretch the field a little bit and make some things happen. The more room we give Roy to run, the more spectacular the catches will be.
BOOO MILLEN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOO CHAD HENNE. NEVER!! I will smash my face on an Ice pick if we have chad henne Next year. He is a bum just like all the other UM qb's except for Tom Brady.

RUSKIETITAN
firemillenman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DILinator wrote:
Drew Stanton is a very good QB, who didn't have a lot of help around him. His "poor decisions" were a result of trying to do too much since he didn't have playmakers around him, and his coach kept betraying him with lousy play calling. I'm with the guys who said Stanton would have done just as well at LSU as Russell. This guy singlehandedly was the only reason to watch MSU football the last few years. He's an exciting player to watch, and given some better talent around him, he would be regarded as one of the best in the NCAA.

I think he'll be a great find for whatever lucky team drafts him, and is able to groom him for a couple years. If that team is the Lions, that would be fabulous. However, as good as I think he'll be, I don't think he'll go high 2nd round, so I wouldn't take him there if I was the Lions. But if Stanton is still there at the top of the third, then I think he'd be a great pick for Detroit!

We did regard him as one of the best, and all he did was dissapoint. Yes, coaching is one thing, but I still think this guy isn't a playmaker like Peyton or Palmer or Brees. He will at best be like Grossman, be hot and cold his entire carrer. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't trust him yet.

Thanks Keato for the awesome sig!

FIRE MILLEN!!!
And Thank God He Gone!!!!!!!
Spartan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firemillenman wrote:
DILinator wrote:

We did regard him as one of the best, and all he did was dissapoint. Yes, coaching is one thing, but I still think this guy isn't a playmaker like Peyton or Palmer or Brees. He will at best be like Grossman, be hot and cold his entire carrer. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't trust him yet.

You can't compare any QB in the draft to those 3 until they've been in the league as long as Peyton, Palmer and Brees have been.

Straight from the man who called it^click

R.I.P. Josh Hancock 1978-2007.
=

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: