Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fanfest Observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Fanfest Observations Reply with quote

Well I did my best to watch and take notes but I was alone with my 15 month old, so watching took a back seat to entertaining and leaving before the end.

I did see these things though,
-Shaugnhessy was playing OLB, didn't see him take a rep on the line except when it looked like they were playing nickel, line looked like him, Dockett, Campbell, and Acho
-Potter and Massie were rotating between first team RT and second team LT, Rachal played second team RT
-Saw a 3 TE set with Housler, King, and Dray(Dray started at FB and then flexed out)
-Lot of rotation of players, but it looked like combos were PP/Powers, Cason/Areans, Fleming/Bethel. Washington/Minter, Dansby/Brinkley, and Cooper/Walker. Acho/Alexander, Shaugnhessy/Schofield, not sure I saw Okafor, but he was out there
-Floyd and Swope both out
-Housler looked real good, caught a nice one from Palmer and Stanton. Palmer had a nice deep pass to Fitz but it was 7 on 7.....
-Ryan Williams looked real nice but it is limited contact

Not sure what else, if anyone else was there they might want to add.

Thank you

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that Massie playing some 2nd string LT and Potter playing RT with the first team is just experimenting.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad Williams looked good. Was he explosive?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Glad Williams looked good. Was he explosive?

couple of running plays I saw with him, but then again it was no pads.

love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I would think that Massie playing some 2nd string LT and Potter playing RT with the first team is just experimenting.

wasn't going on for too long but I figured it was worth mentioning, Levi was always the LT

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
khodder wrote:

wasn't going on for too long but I figured it was worth mentioning, Levi was always the LT

Basically just creating versatility along the offensive line, injury cover and the like.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
khodder wrote:

Basically just creating versatility along the offensive line, injury cover and the like.

Seeing what to do in case of an emergency, see the capabilities of the players on the roster...

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
khodder wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
khodder wrote:

Seeing what to do in case of an emergency, see the capabilities of the players on the roster...

Basically doing what OTA's and Mini-Camps are for. Getting players some reps in positions they are likely not going to play, just to make sure they can possibly do it if really needed.
Mwanamatapa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson Palmer looked really impressive. Good to have a proper QB on the field again. We better hope he can stay healthy, as Stanton would have fitted in well with last year's crop. He's equally inaccurate and throws bullets lacking touch.

Mendenhall looked good, practices hard on every play. Reminds me of Fitz with that work effort.

Brinkley was doing the communicating for the backers and Rashad Johnson for the DBs (not Bell). Bowles was right there with his defense and looks like he has built good chemistry. Reggie Walker made quite a few plays and Mathieu has an amazing ability to leap vertical, getting up there to knock away a ball from Larry.

Overall this team is going as far as Palmer can take them but that's the best we've had since Warner was here.
mtdowner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently BA is impressed with UDFA WR Jaron Brown from Clemson. He has impressive measurables (4.40 40) and with our lack of depth at WR after fitz, Floyd and Roberts, is a guy to keep an eye on.
iRobot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
Apparently BA is impressed with UDFA WR Jaron Brown from Clemson. He has impressive measurables (4.40 40) and with our lack of depth at WR after fitz, Floyd and Roberts, is a guy to keep an eye on.

I believe he is also in the neighborhood of 6'3" and 205 lbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: