Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No gain signing.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d815586bb/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Windy-City-winner
I just had to Laughing
But I doubt he makes the roster.

Never know - Jay liked and trusted him when he was here and that's half the battle. We have only 3 lock roster spots at WR (15, 17 and 80) so if he shows well he certainly has a shot. Presumably Trestman signed off on the signing so we can expect to see him get a shot IMO.

Don't forget about Eric Weems.

I think he makes the team but I think that he is a WR has nothing to do with that. I expect him to see about as much time on offense as we see out of Hester.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Bears announced signings: WR Devin Aromashodu, WR Jerrell Jackson and FB Tony Fiammetta.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/344144276101427201

Quote:
Bears also waived: WR Demetrius Fields, WR Dale Moss and FB Evan Rodriguez.

why?

A better question is "why not"? Now Devin can compete for a #5 spot instead of a #1 spot. Makes a world of difference when your GM and coach aren't incompetent.
No one screams louder for coaching competence than I, but I don't seem this guy making the team. As to why not? there are probably better WRs sitting around waiting for a phone call.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Bears announced signings: WR Devin Aromashodu, WR Jerrell Jackson and FB Tony Fiammetta.

Quote:
Bears also waived: WR Demetrius Fields, WR Dale Moss and FB Evan Rodriguez.

why?

A better question is "why not"? Now Devin can compete for a #5 spot instead of a #1 spot. Makes a world of difference when your GM and coach aren't incompetent.
No one screams louder for coaching competence than I, but I don't seem this guy making the team. As to why not? there are probably better WRs sitting around waiting for a phone call.

Ok, like who? At this late date there aren't any diamonds left. You sort through the trash and maybe you come across someone who can contribute on 3 or 4 plays a game. Cutler, for good or bad, liked and trusted him, which is a step up on most of the UDFA's and street guys out there. Let's not pretend that Aroma is going to be doing anything other than playing special teams and coming in on 4 and 5 wide sets, which is exactly what he's suited for in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
Let's not pretend that Aroma is going to be doing anything other than playing special teams and coming in on 4 and 5 wide sets, which is exactly what he's suited for in the NFL.

Most people seem to have an extremely hard time believing positional skill is the second priority for non-starters at WR, DB, and LB.

If guys like Aromashodu and Marquess Wilson have some potential at receiver but are abysmal (liabilities) on special teams, they're not going to make the roster over somebody like Eric Weems, who isn't a very good receiver but excels at returning kicks.

We go through this every year and it never seems to sink in. The 4th and 5th WRs on the depth chart are not always the 4th and 5th best receivers on the team.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:
Let's not pretend that Aroma is going to be doing anything other than playing special teams and coming in on 4 and 5 wide sets, which is exactly what he's suited for in the NFL.

Most people seem to have an extremely hard time believing positional skill is the second priority for non-starters at WR, DB, and LB.

If guys like Aromashodu and Marquess Wilson have some potential at receiver but are abysmal (liabilities) on special teams, they're not going to make the roster over somebody like Eric Weems, who isn't a very good receiver but excels at 4 phases of STs.

We go through this every year and it never seems to sink in. The 4th and 5th WRs on the depth chart are not always the 4th and 5th best receivers on the team.
FIFY

This is the reason why I have been saying all offseason that Weems and Anderson are the most likely to make the team. Low and behold, reports start coming in that Wilson will be lucky to make the practice squad.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

If guys like Aromashodu and Marquess Wilson have some potential at receiver but are abysmal (liabilities) on special teams, they're not going to make the roster over somebody like Eric Weems, who isn't a very good receiver but excels at 4 phases of STs.

FIFY

This is the reason why I have been saying all offseason that Weems and Anderson are the most likely to make the team. Low and behold, reports start coming in that Wilson will be lucky to make the practice squad.

But Wilson is a starting-caliber WR! He's a lock to be the #3 and he'll never play a single special teams snap.

Laughing
ConVict90

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is overdue but I was wondering if DA planned on buying flowers for the coaches again this year anybody ?

TCKL-
SCK-
FF-
INT-
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConVict90 wrote:
I know this is overdue but I was wondering if DA planned on buying flowers for the coaches again this year anybody ?

He better buy more then just flowers to make the couches like him better.... he better buy some better hands and some special team skillz

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
22att for 97 yards 4.4avg. HALL OF FAME!
G08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bears sign former Vikings WR Devin Aromashodu Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
TexasBearsFan wrote:

FIFY

Stoltz over at the bearreport seems pretty down on the kid. Looks like he's got his work cut out for him.

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: