Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Need some help in developing a gm mock draft for next season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Need some help in developing a gm mock draft for next season Reply with quote

I'm working on a gm mock draft for next year and because now is better than waiting until the last minute, thought it might be a good time to reach out to you mockers.

The platform is going to be built using microsoft excel as that is where my knowledge is at. Having microsoft excel as well as google docs would make it easier to convey information and opinions.

The build will contain team pages, draft boards, trading scale, complete rosters with salary, ability to sign free agents, tag and franchise players, trades and whatever else we can shove into it.

Here is a taste of the board I used during the FFMD part 2 gm mock draft as well as what I used to follow the actual NFL draft.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-LWN_D0YTJMME16aTlVcTZJazg/edit?usp=sharing

You'll need to download to excel otherwise it errors out if you attempt to open with google sheets due to the amount of formulas.

If anyone is interested in helping out please let me know, either here or via PM.

Thanks.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunate you're not getting more responses. That spreadsheet is one of the most impressive things I've seen draft related. Would be great if we could do a couple of mocks utilizing it before FFMD next year to see how it does...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Unfortunate you're not getting more responses. That spreadsheet is one of the most impressive things I've seen draft related. Would be great if we could do a couple of mocks utilizing it before FFMD next year to see how it does...

Thanks man...Currently working on something similar to group every detail of a mock into one spreadsheet, that should everyone have excel and google docs, each GM would have their own spreadsheet to work from.

The last mock you ran, I used it to track player and draft pick trades, along with draft selections. It worked out pretty good, easy to update for the most part.

Would love to aid in building the master and gm boards for next year, if you'd allow it.

I've put the draft workbook along with what I'm currently working on into a google doc folder should you or anyone else be interested in viewing.

Thanks again.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-LWN_D0YTJMQ2swMURiSWlBUGs&usp=sharing
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be involved in this whenever it starts to get more attention... Your spreadsheets are too complex for my simple mind, so this is probably gunna be amazing.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
I want to be involved in this whenever it starts to get more attention... Your spreadsheets are too complex for my simple mind, so this is probably gunna be amazing.

Sounds great...

No worries on the spreadsheet knowledge, I'm good working the formulas myself for the most part where I struggle is the processes of how FFMD mocks work. Actually, let me rephrase this as I have no idea if FFMD owners would even want to use this idea. I'd like to but thats for them to decide, either way though I'd like to be part of the build for a GM Mock draft next season. For example, free agency bidding. Not sure how that process worked so its difficult to create a structure in excel without that knowledge.

In years past, I used a Phase system each phase teams would bid on their free agents in a blind bidding war with the other teams. Not sure how it would work here or if you guys have a better idea on bidding.
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on salary cap formulas for the workbook and want to ensure I've got it correct, if anyone is interested and has sound knowledge of how the cap works when dealing with trades, restructures, rookie pool, practice squad, releasing players, etc. it would be much appreciated.

Either hit me up here or by private message.

Thanks.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't know what I would dip them in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

???
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

But it's not even Thursday tho...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to be involved too. I am pretty well versed in excel. I'll take a look when I am on my computer and not my iPad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: