Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 OTA'S/Minicamp/Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fun fact: In his career, Jake Locker has a better QB rating, a higher completion percentage and a high YPA than Andrew Luck.

Luck was extremely overrated last season. Team record and draft hype carried him last sesson, throw in a last second win or two and casual people think he had a good year.

We had a QB once upon a time that I feel was overrated due to some highlight plays and a few last second wins... All the sudden he was a "winner"...lol

So i can relate to the feeling of thinking Luck is overrated. Smile

Difference is, Luck isn't a drama queen and he's a natural leader whereas Young never was a natural leader who carried so much baggage.
Not sure I agree with that necessarily. Players gravitated to Vince his rookie year and he didn't really show the immaturity until he faced some adversity. While I am in no way comparing Luck to Vince, it's impossible to know how Luck will respond when he inevitable faces some struggles, something that has never really happened for someone who has been considered the golden boy for the majority of his college career and into his first year as a pro (similar to VY I suppose Laughing ).
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
Also, what scares me most about Tommie Campbell becoming a starter is the potential bonehead penalties he makes. Hopefully that doesn't transition from special teams to the defense if he in fact does make the starting lineup.

This is very true and it's what I'm going to be paying attention to the most if Campbell actually wins a starting job. I just said it in my previous post but I truthfully believe he can be elite if he puts it all together mentally and physically on the field. One big difference we may see that should help a lot is with an increased role on the defense he may get more in terms of psychological preparation from guys like Gray and Williams, who are leaders of men through and through. I think Campbell just needs a solid pre-season to keep him confident in his abilities at this level and hopefully he just balls out.

Side note, the potential for our secondary should terrify the opposition.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate "The Great"
Just when I thought he was all but written off, he's coming on strong and dead set on making a statement this season. Regardless of how much young talent we have now, this old geezer's not going out without a fight. Great to see.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130616/SPORTS01/306160053/In-twilight-career-Titans-receiver-shines
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ruskietitan how is luck over rated & hype. To be honest I believe he's every bit of what he was hype to be. This guy was drafted by the worse team in the league had so much pressure on him to not only succeed but to do it in shadows of Peyton manning. Sure he threw interceptions but he nevers panic & he took a team with only 1 win its previous yr to the playoffs.
The colts had no running game & they relied on his arm.
Scary thing is it was his rookie season dude is coming for us like Peyton all over again
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
@ruskietitan how is luck over rated & hype. To be honest I believe he's every bit of what he was hype to be. This guy was drafted by the worse team in the league had so much pressure on him to not only succeed but to do it in shadows of Peyton manning. Sure he threw interceptions but he nevers panic & he took a team with only 1 win its previous yr to the playoffs.
The colts had no running game & they relied on his arm.
Scary thing is it was his rookie season dude is coming for us like Peyton all over again
My issue is, he wasn't drafted to the worst team. He was drafted to the team with the worst quarterback play. He was drafted to a team that was completely and totally built around a quarterback that was coming off of a year with their quarterbacks were Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and Kerry Collins. In that situation, of course they only won two games. But that doesn't mean that they were the least talented team in football.

Seriously, he completed 54% of his passes, threw 23 touchdowns and 18 interceptions and posted a 76.5 QB rating. Compare that to Russell Wilson, who completed 64% of his passes, threw 26 touchdowns and 10 intercepts, posted 100.0 QB rating and averaged almost a full yard more per attempt.

This isn't all to say that he's terrible. He had a good rookie season. But he wasn't this amazing player that singlehandedly won games. He was the third best rookie quarterback.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports #Titans QB Jake Locker said he plans to throw to receivers at some point during break

Quote:
@jwyattsports Titans WR Justin Hunter was among those who didn't practice on Tuesday in minicamp. Roos, Stewart and Levitre no team drills

Quote:
@jwyattsports WR Kevin Walter also continues to miss with back issues #tntitans

Quote:
@jwyattsports Markelle Martin won't practice again in all of minicamp. Munchak said he hopes safety is back for training camp #tntitans

Quote:
@jwyattsports Munchak said Roos, Stewart and Levitre won't take part in team drills in minicamp

Quote:
@jwyattsports WR Kevin Walter won't practice until training camp either #Tntitans

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Last edited by lamont on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans QB Jake Locker says he will get together with his receivers during break between minicamps and training camp”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Locker says he has bonded well with backup Ryan Fitzpatrick.”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: #Titans coach Mine Munchak says work in simulated game situations was good work.”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Plays were unscripted and plays were called according to down, distance and package situations”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Munchak says the change in attitude on the defense has been #Titans biggest change on that side of the ball”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Titans WR Justin Hunter was among those who didn't practice on Tuesday in minicamp. Roos, Stewart and Levitre no team drills #tntitans”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: WR Kevin Walter also continues to miss with back issues #tntitans”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Munchak says #Titans are experimenting at the No. 2 free safety behind Michael Griffin. He is hopeful Robert Johnson and Markelle (1/2)”

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Markelle Martin won't practice again in all of minicamp. Munchak said he hopes safety is back for training camp #tntitans”

Quote:
“@glennonsports: Munchak says Robert Johnson, Markelle Martin should be ready for training camp”

Quote:
“@terrymc13: Alterraun Verner in that mix too but played at cornerback Tuesday”

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“@jwyattsports: Munchak said the team is happy with roster right now. Team is looking at players for ready list but no plans to sign anyone #tntitans”

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comedy show that is rotoworld continues with their terrible stand up act.

Quote:
Titans LG Andy Levitre (knee soreness) will be limited to individual drills in minicamp.
As will RT David Stewart (broken leg). The Titans' meal ticket road paver hasn't gotten in any team reps since signing his six-year, $46.8 million deal, and is questionable for the beginning of training camp. The Titans' entire offseason "plan" will go up in smoke if Levitre isn't ready for Week 1, but there's been nothing to suggest that will be the case.

Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
VY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
The comedy show that is rotoworld continues with their terrible stand up act.

Quote:
Titans LG Andy Levitre (knee soreness) will be limited to individual drills in minicamp.
As will RT David Stewart (broken leg). The Titans' meal ticket road paver hasn't gotten in any team reps since signing his six-year, $46.8 million deal, and is questionable for the beginning of training camp. The Titans' entire offseason "plan" will go up in smoke if Levitre isn't ready for Week 1, but there's been nothing to suggest that will be the case.

Rolling Eyes

Well, if he isn't practicing come training camp that will be a bit disconcerting. It is still early though and plenty of players league-wide have been taking it easy early on.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130618/SPORTS01/130618020

Quote:
The Titans hit the field for the first day of a three-day minicamp on Tuesday at Baptist Sports Park. Some observations from The Tennessean’s Jim Wyatt:

—Wide receiver Kenny Britt had the catch of the day early in practice. With cornerback Coty Sensabaugh in his face, Britt hauled in a pass from quarterback Jake Locker with one hand as he fell to the ground on the sideline. An official working the practice ruled Britt got one foot and one knee inbounds, making it a catch. Later, Britt caught a pass across the middle and outraced defenders to the end zone.

—Alterraun Verner was back at cornerback after taking reps at safety last week.

—Sensabaugh was in good position on a number of throws across the middle, and his timing was nearly perfect. On several plays he arrived to knock the football away just in time, although some of the receivers complained he made contact too soon.

—Defensive end Derrick Morgan continues to look good in drills. On one rush near the goal line, he beat tackle Mike Otto around end for what would have been a sack of Locker.

—The Titans continued to work in team drills without three offensive linemen expected to be starters this fall — tackles Michael Roos (back) and David Stewart (leg), and guard Andy Levitre (knee). All three will be held out in team drills until training camp, although Stewart and Levitre went through individual drills on Tuesday.

—Wide receiver Kendall Wright beat rookie cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson on a deep ball. Locker hit Wright in stride deep, and Wreh-Wilson couldn’t catch up.

—The defense got the best of the offense in a two-minute drill with the starters, forcing a punt. Later in a red-zone drill, linebackers coach Chet Parlavecchio praised second-year pro Zach Brown for being in the right position on a fourth-down play that ended a series.

—Safety Al Afalava made quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick pay for an errant pass across the middle to Michael Preston. The ball was high and deflected off Preston’s hands. Afalava intercepted it.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think more and more that Hunter will not be a factor at all this season. Like at all...

I know its early... just the vibe I'm getting...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I'm starting to think more and more that Hunter will not be a factor at all this season. Like at all...

I know its early... just the vibe I'm getting...

I'm getting that vibe too.

Coaches seem quite unhappy he isn't practicing. Especially Jefferson.

Of course it is still early and TC could change everything.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter was never a problem in spring practice or the like in college. I'd let him get healthy and attend TC before you start forming an opinion, one way or the other.

I know how easy it is to get caught up on OTA news, but we have to realize it means almost nothing in the long run. If it's a problem in TC and in to pre-season, that's when you start worrying.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Later, Britt caught a pass across the middle and outraced defenders to the end zone.
This, to me, was the most important thing in that update. You could tell last year that Britt was simply not able to get to that top speed that he has flashed in the past. If he can start outrunning secondary's again, he may just earn that top five ranking on the team that Titania gave him. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 17 of 62

Jump to: