Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Wrestling XVI: They're Coming...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to call Ryback a heel, but that's just my opinion. Based off his reactions from the crowd, he seems like more of a face than Cena Laughing

The double switch is still up in the air to me. Ziggler has been a "Face" and ADR was in that neutral zone, from my perspective. Ziggler, to me, has been a big face since he cashed in. He's gotten so much pop since.

It's not unreasonable to think any of that. Remember how the WWE had this huge Del Rio / Big Show feud right before Wrestlemania; then it disappeared? Crazy storylines do happen. Or lack thereof...
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Hard to call Ryback a heel, but that's just my opinion. Based off his reactions from the crowd, he seems like more of a face than Cena Laughing
Getting booed ≠ being a heel. He's booked as a heel, works along side heels, acts like a heel, takes the easy way out like a heel, he's a heel. I'm not sure how you could say he's been anything but a heel since he turned on Cena.

Quote:
The double switch is still up in the air to me. Ziggler has been a "Face" and ADR was in that neutral zone, from my perspective. Ziggler, to me, has been a big face since he cashed in. He's gotten so much pop since.
And getting pop ≠ being a face either. Ziggler cheats to win, uses his heavy and girlfriend to gain an advantage any chance he can. People appreciate Ziggler because he's a great performer, not because he was a face. And Del Rio has been a face ever since he rescued Ricardo.

Quote:
It's not unreasonable to think any of that. Remember how the WWE had this huge Del Rio / Big Show feud right before Wrestlemania; then it disappeared? Crazy storylines do happen. Or lack thereof...
Because it was over. Del Rio won the title, defended it at the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber, and a #1 contender was crowned at Elimination Chamber. Not sure what else you wanted them to do with the feud. Give Show a third rematch? Lose three matches in a row against an opponent, you're done inless you're Christian and you beg for ONE MORE MATCH.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Ryback acts like a heel; especially your point of the easy way out. That's not Ryback, at all.

Your second point just described the late Eddie Guerrero; who was mainly a face.

Third point, you have a point. However, feuds should have meaning in future matches; not "Let's just forget this ever happened".

And, for your epic photo of the night

iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I don't see how Ryback acts like a heel; especially your point of the easy way out. That's not Ryback, at all.
Walking away when the Shield came to attack him and Cena and laughing as Cena hot beat up wasn't taking the easy way out? He plays the role of the monster heel, but he also takes the easy way out when given the opportunity. There was a lot of complaining in this thread not too long ago that Ryback was taking the easy way out too much.

Quote:
Your second point just described the late Eddie Guerrero; who was mainly a face.
And was booked as a face, cut face promos, and used the lie, cheat and steal in a largely comedic and "fun" way, similar to Del Rio had with Rodriguez.

Quote:
Third point, you have a point. However, feuds should have meaning in future matches; not "Let's just forget this ever happened".
I'm not sure what they were supposed to do after that. When a feud ends, they move on to a new feud. What should they have done differently then?

- Best since day one -
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Who didn't see these victories in the PPV? Axel winning was obvious, the Shield winning was obvious, I'm not surprised by ADR winning since Ziggler was hurt, and we all know Cena can't be pinned Rolling Eyes
Well, there was one pin in the 2 out of 3 falls match and it was Ryback pinning Cena completely clean. So...I guess he can be pinned?

Really wish that they would've just went all out on the double turn and had ADR bash Ziggler with the bucket in the head while the ref had his back turned. Sucks that Ziggler lost the title without a single defense, but he'll hold gold again soon enough and he has the audience firmly behind him.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the ref's face in that pic. Lulz

- Best since day one -
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rewatcehd the dolph match.

the whole damn thing was so beautiful, from del rio's viciousness, to the crowd reactions, to AJ teerfully walking behind dolph as he could barely stand.

absolutely brilliant storytelling. love it.

commentary was selling it too, and whilst they were verging on going over the top, they did what they had to.

even the big show and pundit crew at the end were selling the ish out of del rio being a heel.

awesome.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and not to mention, people are idiots if they don't think this was a double turn (which a lot of people have been eluding to this morning).

just look at the way they produced it. when del rio was making that speech at the end, the only thing they were showing was people booing, and people in dolph shirts.

classic wwe

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main question is if this is indeed a double turn, will Ziggler walk away from Big E. and AJ? I dont have ANY interest seeing Big E. and AJ as faces especially AJ since being a crazy chick would be dumb as heck as a face and she is still in a fued with Kaitlyn after getting into her head mentally.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@TheMarkHenry
#raw #wwe I have spoke to my family and hope to talk to all of you fans tomorrow live from Grand Rapids. Guys Father Time is undefeated.

Father Time wrote:
TIIIIIIMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE IS ON MY SIDEEEE. YES IT IS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big E can pull of being a face. Dude can be hilarious.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Dus10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

Tell me Big E doesn't look like a muscle-y (no pun intended) Roy Hibbert.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

Tell me Big E doesn't look like a muscle-y (no pun intended) Roy Hibbert.

He does. Which is why I love him.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw should be good tonight, save Cena opening, however, Orton face turn(?) Bryan heel turn, Ziggles face promo(?) ADR heel turn, Ryback being buried [hopefully] Punk byck, Heyman, RVD/Wyatt promos, some kind of Shield match, a lot going on.

thought about this too....if they are running the Bryan is the weak link thing further, he has to be the favorite to win King of the Ring right?

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

yes.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 79 of 99

Jump to: