Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots release TE Aaron Hernandez
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jofos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
Opposite of props to the Patriots, good move from a football and locker room point of view but I fail to see how this is a classy move.
Really? You'd allow a guy linked to a murder investigation to remain associated with you?

You can't forget that he's innocent until proven guilty.

Some times its not that simple. Right or wrong is more important than guilt or innocence. Hernandez weather guilty or not has done things that are wrong (if reports are true).
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
You don't think the police have evidence that isn't public knowledge? They don't put their case together until trial, but believe they know more than what we do.

The police already tweeted that they won't present some of the information they have yet, i posted it in the arrest thread.
Tom Brady Tribute
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move by the Patriots.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand why the Pats released Hernandez and I applaud the organization for having the guts to do so. However, what if Hernandez is found not guilty and had nothing to do with Lloyd's murder? Then what? You jumped the gun by releasing a guy before legal proceedings could be dealt with.

Like I said, I get why he was released; just could turn out that Hernandez is not involved at all.

Clearly. I joined this site in 2005 to talk movies.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I completely understand why the Pats released Hernandez and I applaud the organization for having the guts to do so. However, what if Hernandez is found not guilty and had nothing to do with Lloyd's murder? Then what? You jumped the gun by releasing a guy before legal proceedings could be dealt with.

Like I said, I get why he was released; just could turn out that Hernandez is not involved at all.

Like i said, the Patriots couldn't let themselves appear supportive of Hernandez during a murder trial... doesn't matter how it ends.

If he is cleared of all charges which is HIGHLY doubtful, he might come back i assume.
Tom Brady Tribute
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

The Pats (BB at least) aren't the type to do something to "make a point" - they probably know he's guilty of something already.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Ian Rapoport reports Aaron Hernandez will indeed go through waivers

http://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/statuses/349904024847400960
Tom Brady Tribute
PoWww

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

The only thing I can think of is they know more. He's clearly involved.

AH is an idiot. Huge contract, just had a baby girl. He threw so much away.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think that they know more than we do. I applaud their organization for distancing themselves from this.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
YlionsY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

The Pats (BB at least) aren't the type to do something to "make a point" - they probably know he's guilty of something already.

I also think that if they hadn't released him it wouldn't necessarily show support for Hernandez during a murder trial. They could wait until more facts become public or the trial is over.

Lot of facts still not out there, at least to the public, but a preemptive move like this makes me think there is more to the story and that the Pats know something.

I applaud the Patriots for making this move now if thats the case. If it turns out he is not guilty then I'm not so sure.

Either way, to me it seems that he is guilty of something but really I don't know all of the facts so making a judgement either way is hard.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Yes, if he is somehow exonerated of everything the Patriots would look silly but what do you think the probability of that happening is? I don't think the organization would make him walk the plank unless they had a better grasp of the situation than what has been made public.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think this image might put things in perspective.

Still couldn't get out from the 'Thug Life'

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Times Tom Brady has actively ignored throwing to Number 80:
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Hernandez thread is enough. Yes its new News but we don't need another thread about the same player .

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: