Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 - Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BangBang

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
BangBang wrote:

We could certainly improve over him... but I think he's good and does a lot of little things that go unnoticed.

nothing on the field goes unnoticed by me... NOTHING!!!!!

I don't doubt that. But only a true admirer of details would love Tavarres Gooden for acting like a lunatic every time he makes a special teams tackle.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:

I don't doubt that. But only a true admirer of details would love Tavarres Gooden for acting like a lunatic every time he makes a special teams tackle.

Hehe.. I do admit I can get a bit lazy in studying the STs plays.. but even casual looks remind me that #56 is pretty good and animated on the STs. Smile
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BangBang wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
BangBang wrote:

We could certainly improve over him... but I think he's good and does a lot of little things that go unnoticed.

nothing on the field goes unnoticed by me... NOTHING!!!!!

I wouldnt blame him for acting like that. Stop and think about it. He busts his [inappropriate/removed] in practice all week and only ends up with 8 snaps? Besides, SPT players have to be a bit nuts.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A.J. Jenkins: four targets, three receptions
Chad Hall: three targets, two receptions
MarQueis Gray: three targets, two receptions
Vance McDonald: three targets, two receptions, one drop
Garrett Celek: two targets, two receptions
Vernon Davis: two targets, two receptions
Marlon Moore: two targets, one reception
Anquan Boldin: one target, one reception
Frank Gore: one target, one reception
Jewel Hampton: one target, one reception
LaMichael James: one target, one reception
Ricardo Lockette: one target, one reception
Bruce Miller: one target, no receptions
Kassim Osgood: one target, one reception
Kyle Williams: one target, one reception

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/training-camp-d2-marlon-moore-reels-in-highlight-of-the-day.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice details from this one... want to quote it all, but FF rules prohibit:

http://www.examiner.com/article/49ers-2013-training-camp-practice-notes-day-2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good TC day 2 stuff, but do keep in mind the source (Cohn)

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/07/inside-the-49ers/training-camp-report-brooks-commits-encroachment-kaepernick-finds-vernon-davis/

Quote:
2. Trenton Robinson – Playing FS, he read Kaep’s eyes and broke early on a pass to Boldin running a square in. Robinson easily broke up the pass, but he couldn’t hold on for the INT.

Quote:
4. C.J. Spillman – Playing single-high safety, Spillman sprinted across half of the field and broke up a deep pass from Kaep intended for A.J. Jenkins on the sideline. Culliver was running stride-for-stride with Jenkins and was in position to knock away the pass, but Spillman soared in and knocked it away first. Culliver seemed annoyed with Spillman after the play.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
I wouldn't re-sign either Crabtree or Iupati, if they want the top dollar contracts expected. Both are very good, but I don't regard either as indispensable. I want our focus to be on Aldon and presumably Kaepernick after this season.

I can see the wisdom in that. Guards are fairly plentiful, and crabtree is good not elite. But if we are going to resign one to a big money deal, I'd definitely prefer it to be iupati.

Yeah, as much as it pains me to say it, I agree with Oldman. Aldon and Kap have to be our priority. As long as we have those two guys, our team has potential to be in the top superbowl every year. I still think we'll be able to keep 3/4 and I think Crabtree will most likely be the one whose a goner. Guards aren't rare, but ones like Iuapati are. He's a top 3 guard in the game and immediately changed our offensive line from a bunch of softies to a bunch of maulers. We don't let guys like that walk. Crabs has been great, but he's not prolific and likely never will be. Pro-bowl? Yes, All-pro? No.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Ataal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
good TC day 2 stuff, but do keep in mind the source (Cohn)

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/07/inside-the-49ers/training-camp-report-brooks-commits-encroachment-kaepernick-finds-vernon-davis/

Quote:
2. Trenton Robinson – Playing FS, he read Kaep’s eyes and broke early on a pass to Boldin running a square in. Robinson easily broke up the pass, but he couldn’t hold on for the INT.

Quote:
4. C.J. Spillman – Playing single-high safety, Spillman sprinted across half of the field and broke up a deep pass from Kaep intended for A.J. Jenkins on the sideline. Culliver was running stride-for-stride with Jenkins and was in position to knock away the pass, but Spillman soared in and knocked it away first. Culliver seemed annoyed with Spillman after the play.

Some other stuff that got me excited:

Quote:
5. Kyle Williams – He was the No.2 split end behind A.J. Jenkins, but Williams played better than Jenkins today. On one play, Williams beat Culliver on a crossing route for a 15-yard gain. That’s an accomplishment. Culliver hasn’t given up many long catches the first two days of training camp.

Love me some K-dub. He's developing quite nicely.

Quote:
8. Justin Smith – The 49ers’ offense tried a trick play but Smith destroyed it. Kaepernick threw it Williams who threw it back to Kaepernick in the backfield, who wanted to throw it downfield but couldn’t because Smith immediately got in his face and tagged him.

That's my boy! I love the way they put it: "destroyed it."

Quote:
10. Anquan Boldin – He made the catch of the day in one-on-one drills. He ran a Go route against Carlos Rogers. Kaepernick threw it up, Boldin had no separation and Rogers was holding his left arm, but Boldin reached up and caught it with his right hand. He made it look easy.

Boldin is really getting me excited about this season. I wish Crabs was healthy. His connection with Kaep was getting better and better. I think people forget how crucial Crabs was on 3rd downs for us. His YAC was becoming insane.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snyder gets practice time at all five line spots

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/snyder-gets-practice-time-all-five-line-spots

Quote:
Snyder has started at every position on the OL in his first eight seasons. On Friday, he demonstrated his versatility when he methodically worked his way down the line playing every spot from LT through RT during one five-play period. "They told me when I came here that I was going to be doing that," Snyder said Saturday. "So it's a perfect fit for me. I've started enough to be comfortable being a backup and mentor-type guy to some young guys. I'm excited as heck to be here. This is the best scenario for me." Snyder appears to be the front-runner at the backup tackle positions. Daniel Kilgore and Joe Looney are promising young players who should be factors in the competition for spots at center and the guard positions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 15m
#49ers practice report: Kyle Williams sits after hamstring tweak; AJ Jenkins bad day of drops; Asomugha good play; Nick Moody INT ends it

Come on AJ, step it up!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 15m
#49ers practice report: Kyle Williams sits after hamstring tweak; AJ Jenkins bad day of drops; Asomugha good play; Nick Moody INT ends it

Come on AJ, step it up!

I just read this on my iPhone....threw my phone and broke my cheap plastic 49ers iphone case. You owe me Jenkins, you owe me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/camp-report-kaepernick-looks-deep-davis

Quote:
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick found tight end Vernon Davis on several deep routes Saturday to highlight the 49ers' first practice in pads of training camp.

Kaepernick and Davis hooked up on three deep passes during 11-on-11 drills as part of a day in which the 49ers' safeties who are competing to replace Dashon Goldson struggled in coverage.

In one-on-one drills, Kyle Williams got deep over rookie safety Eric Reid on a long pass from Kaepernick. Williams did not see any action during the rest of practice, but appears to be OK. But it was veteran safety Craig Dahl who had the most difficult day.

Quote:
Kaepernick unleashed several nice throws down the field, and he also exhibited deft touch with back-to-back screen passes to LaMichael James to the right side and Frank Gore to the left. On the pass to James, he floated it just over the outstretched hand of outside linebacker Cam Johnson.

nice to see Kap have a good day. can't wait to see what he does this year as a full time starter. my biggest is worry is that he doesn't progress and that defenses catch up to him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/camp-report-kaepernick-looks-deep-davis

Quote:
Quarterback Colin Kaepernick found tight end Vernon Davis on several deep routes Saturday to highlight the 49ers' first practice in pads of training camp.

Kaepernick and Davis hooked up on three deep passes during 11-on-11 drills as part of a day in which the 49ers' safeties who are competing to replace Dashon Goldson struggled in coverage.

In one-on-one drills, Kyle Williams got deep over rookie safety Eric Reid on a long pass from Kaepernick. Williams did not see any action during the rest of practice, but appears to be OK. But it was veteran safety Craig Dahl who had the most difficult day.

Quote:
Kaepernick unleashed several nice throws down the field, and he also exhibited deft touch with back-to-back screen passes to LaMichael James to the right side and Frank Gore to the left. On the pass to James, he floated it just over the outstretched hand of outside linebacker Cam Johnson.

nice to see Kap have a good day. can't wait to see what he does this year as a full time starter. my biggest is worry is that he doesn't progress and that defenses catch up to him.

Screen passes? What are those? We've never had those in the playbook before...

FINALLY!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Miami49er wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Screen passes? What are those? We've never had those in the playbook before...

FINALLY!

The second part is just as exciting to me. Getting LaMichael the ball in space could really add an explosive element to this offense. We have yet to scratch the surface on the dynamic offense we could have with Kap and James.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/training-camp-d3-vernon-davis-goes-deep-again-and-again.html

got no time, lolz.. but sumthingz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 5 of 27

Jump to: