Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Summer 2013 Build Your Team Mock Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
I found a replacement for B rent. He is an active poster. screen name is wwhickok.

Thanks for joining Brother.


Well done stefan - great job on finding a quality replacement - and welcome wwhickok. You had a good team in SFFMD and I'm looking forwards to seeing how you shape this roster.

Will be good to get the draft moving again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stafford=legend


Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 681
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
I sent a PM out to a very active poster to see if he would take over as The Broncos GM.


Sweet man, thanks. I have sent some PMs as well so hopefully someone is interested.

While we wait, we can discuss the draft because nobody has really commented on many of the picks as of late. I thought it was around the right time for coaches to start coming off the board, and the Harbaughs + Belichick are some of the best in the biz. Also thought Muscle Hamster was a pretty good choice without many elite options at other positions left, simply because of how young and talented he is. Should be an effective #1 back for a good 6 years. Beason was a good risk here, as he has shown great ability when healthy but you can't ignore the injuries.

I thought Dwan Edwards was a major bust of a pick. He's 32 years old, never made a Pro Bowl or earned any sort of accolades, and has never really posted impressive numbers outside of his fluky 6 sack season last year. My guess is that by the second half of the season Kawaan Short is playing more at the under tackle spot than Edwards is.
Also question stafford=legend adding a one-trick pony #3 WR before filling out his defensive line...


I don't feel like Jackson is a one-trick pony at all. Many people may view his speed as his only good quality but he has great hands as well; he didn't drop a single pass during the 2012 season. I know that his other qualities become diminished when he's frequently seen returning punts for touchdowns or making big plays on offense—he has a career 17.5 yards per catch average—but his underrated route-running skills and quality hands allow him to fit into my number two receiver spot, alongside Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree at the other receiver spots. Their skill-sets all differ from each others so I feel like they're all a good fit together. So even if he is a one-trick pony that's all he needs to be. But I don't feel as though that's the case. As for my defensive line, when you get this late into the draft you have to come to the realization that there are going to be positions you have to wait to fill. My defensive line suffers in this case because my 3-4 defense is built around the linebackers. I haven't forgotten about my D-line, I decided to address them at a later point. Also, as added value he can give Patrick Peterson a rest in the punt return game by sharing duties.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14289
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
I found a replacement for B rent. He is an active poster. screen name is wwhickok.

Thanks for joining Brother.


Well done stefan - great job on finding a quality replacement - and welcome wwhickok. You had a good team in SFFMD and I'm looking forwards to seeing how you shape this roster.

Will be good to get the draft moving again.


Thank you, I don't know where we are in the picks right now, if it's anywehre close to my term please be patient with me I've gotta look at the roster and get acclimated with who has already been picked, etc.
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14289
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Pick made. If he was already taken please send me a message and let me know, i looked through the list a few times and I didn't see his name, it's possible I overlooked him.

Also...I'd like to smack the crap out of the last GM for taking Brees over Manning, JUST SAYING! Laughing
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14312
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Edit: Pick made. If he was already taken please send me a message and let me know, i looked through the list a few times and I didn't see his name, it's possible I overlooked him.

Also...I'd like to smack the crap out of the last GM for taking Brees over Manning, JUST SAYING! Laughing

Yeah I already took GOAT. I will PM you too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badgers0821


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 771
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Edit: Pick made. If he was already taken please send me a message and let me know, i looked through the list a few times and I didn't see his name, it's possible I overlooked him.

Also...I'd like to smack the crap out of the last GM for taking Brees over Manning, JUST SAYING! Laughing


The easiest way is to look at the list under the draft board, it has all players that have been taken at each position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stafford=legend wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Also question stafford=legend adding a one-trick pony #3 WR before filling out his defensive line...

His underrated route-running skills and quality hands allow him to fit into my number two receiver spot, alongside Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree at the other receiver spots. Their skill-sets all differ from each others so I feel like they're all a good fit together

As for my defensive line, when you get this late into the draft you have to come to the realization that there are going to be positions you have to wait to fill. I haven't forgotten about my D-line, I decided to address them at a later point.


Unfortunately it looks like DSJ will be Stafford's #1 receiver for at least half this year (Crabtree and now Harvin are hurt) so he had to do something! AP will obviously carry some of the load but RG3 can't throw to thin air.

I may also take a WR3 before my next DL (depending on how the board falls in the next 30 picks) so can understand stafford's thinking here (tiers of value and demand vs. supply).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14289
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Edit: Pick made. If he was already taken please send me a message and let me know, i looked through the list a few times and I didn't see his name, it's possible I overlooked him.

Also...I'd like to smack the crap out of the last GM for taking Brees over Manning, JUST SAYING! Laughing


The easiest way is to look at the list under the draft board, it has all players that have been taken at each position.


Alright I'll take a look. Ty
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 13501
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome wwhickok, thanks for joining! Glad to have you. I put your Barron pick in, promptly made my selection of Sean Payton, and validated Panther's pick of Winfield.

Time slots have now been updated, and Adam9 is on the clock. Onward with the draft, boys!
_________________
#FreeGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amused to have started quite such a run of coaches.

badgers - Doug Martin was one of the three players I was considering at 191/194 so nice choice.

wwhickok - I prefered the Gonzalez pick as I wasn't going to take him next. Can't say the same about Barron...although his coverage skills do worry me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14289
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
I'm amused to have started quite such a run of coaches.

badgers - Doug Martin was one of the three players I was considering at 191/194 so nice choice.

wwhickok - I prefered the Gonzalez pick as I wasn't going to take him next. Can't say the same about Barron...although his coverage skills do worry me.


Me too...but I must say, I wouldn't have picked half the guys that are on my roster right now...quite frankly. I'm not saying it's a bad roster, just not who I personally would've selected is all. So I kind of have to find 'diamonds in the rough now'.

I have a plan for the Coverage in my secondary however Smile
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrawABlank


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 3605
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Me too...but I must say, I wouldn't have picked half the guys that are on my roster right now...quite frankly. I'm not saying it's a bad roster, just not who I personally would've selected is all.


Out of interest, which picks specifically would you have changed?

The ones I didn't care for were:

RD 1 - Drew Brees
RD 7 - CJ Spiller
RD 9 - Lavonte David
RD 13 - Brandon Spikes

but I thought the others were ok. Which didn't you like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
winitall


Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 2152
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:
I sent a PM out to a very active poster to see if he would take over as The Broncos GM.


Sweet man, thanks. I have sent some PMs as well so hopefully someone is interested.

While we wait, we can discuss the draft because nobody has really commented on many of the picks as of late. I thought it was around the right time for coaches to start coming off the board, and the Harbaughs + Belichick are some of the best in the biz. Also thought Muscle Hamster was a pretty good choice without many elite options at other positions left, simply because of how young and talented he is. Should be an effective #1 back for a good 6 years. Beason was a good risk here, as he has shown great ability when healthy but you can't ignore the injuries.

I thought Dwan Edwards was a major bust of a pick. He's 32 years old, never made a Pro Bowl or earned any sort of accolades, and has never really posted impressive numbers outside of his fluky 6 sack season last year. My guess is that by the second half of the season Kawaan Short is playing more at the under tackle spot than Edwards is.
Also question stafford=legend adding a one-trick pony #3 WR before filling out his defensive line...


I don't need Edwards to get to the quarterback, I need him to stop the run which he does. The last 5 years he has had 40+ tackles with most being around 50. That's more than most defensive tackles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badgers0821


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 771
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the time has elapsed to my pick by now hasn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 13501
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time slots updated for today, and remember, each pick is now 2 selections! Things getting fun now, filling out those last roster spots and beginning to add depth.

I am very happy with getting Schwartz and Myers this late to add to my offensive line as starters.
_________________
#FreeGurley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 29 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group