Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elite League 13 [Discussion Thread]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I really hate drafting this early, this is the second year in a row I've lost a guy for the season right after I picked him.

Next year we'll start the draft at the beginning of August like normal.

The reason why we started earlier this year was because I was sure how quickly I'd get into the CCC's & I think PackFan starts a new job on August 3rd and wasn't sure how busy he'd be.

Deuces is going to run this league for the year that I'm gone.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
DaMenace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo all of SOS comments on the last page. Brown isn't a great pick in the late 9th. I would rather taken Pierce at that point. I don't think I would have touched Patterson until the last few rounds, if that. If anything, I see Jennings replacing Harvin's role. Paterson's route tree is very limited in year one. He might stretch the field occasionally but when he will, he wont be in anyone's starting lineup. I just don't see the targets with him. Patterson will be lucky if he see's 50 receptions.

I'm huge fan of the Tate selection. I think he'll put up huge games, as I expect Foster to miss 2+ games.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMenace wrote:

I'm huge fan of the Tate selection. I think he'll put up huge games, as I expect Foster to miss 2+ games.

Well I just can't have this being that Foster is my new boo! Laughing

In his 3 full seasons as the Texans starter he's only missed games in 1 season (3 in 2011). I will confess that he's had those "nagging" injuries that are always a risk to catch up with him, but I think this year he has developed an unfair stigma in fantasy circles, as an injury risk, and being over worked and near a decline. Now, his YPC has gone down since his first season. Which is something to keep an eye on, but I think that bottomed out last year at a shockingly low 4.1 per. Can't see that happening again.

He has only barely eclipsed 1000 carries in his short career, so gas in the tank doesn't worry me. I hope you end up being wrong about your 2+ games prediction. Even if it was two games, I could live with that if it's some facet of Foster from the last 3 seasons, and I don't know why I should expect anything else.

That said, I don't have an issue with the Tate selection, just temper your expectations. Laughing Tate's 4.3 YPC avg last year tells me that it may be a result of the Houston line more then it is the backs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaMenace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
DaMenace wrote:

In his 3 full seasons as the Texans starter he's only missed games in 1 season (3 in 2011). I will confess that he's had those "nagging" injuries that are always a risk to catch up with him, but I think this year he has developed an unfair stigma in fantasy circles, as an injury risk, and being oo
ver worked and near a decline. Now, his YPC has gone down since his first season. Which is something to keep an eye on, but I think that bottomed out last year at a shockingly low 4.1 per. Can't see that happening again.

He has only barely eclipsed 1000 carries in his short career, so gas in the tank doesn't worry me. I hope you end up being wrong about your 2+ games prediction. Even if it was two games, I could live with that if it's some facet of Foster from the last 3 seasons, and I don't know why I should expect anything else.

That said, I don't have an issue with the Tate selection, just temper your expectations. Laughing Tate's 4.3 YPC avg last year tells me that it may be a result of the Houston line more then it is the backs.

Who said I have high expectations of Tate? All I'm saying is that if foster is out I expect Tate to fit right in and have similar production as foster. Obviously I think Houston's success in the running game is more of a product from their oline than their backs but who cares when it comes to fantasy football. Tate is a talented running back who has an amazing burst for his size. He's actually healthy this off season and I can't think of any running backs off the top of my head that I would want ahead of Tate at this point in the draft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if Tate starts, I bet he doesn't producer. My bet is he's just an average runner in the league.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Bryce Brown is another guy I don't like this early. Meh.

It was a luxury I could afford since I am already drafting reserve players. He's a good guy to plug in for a few weeks during the season.

#TeamManfred
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMenace wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
DaMenace wrote:

In his 3 full seasons as the Texans starter he's only missed games in 1 season (3 in 2011). I will confess that he's had those "nagging" injuries that are always a risk to catch up with him, but I think this year he has developed an unfair stigma in fantasy circles, as an injury risk, and being oo
ver worked and near a decline. Now, his YPC has gone down since his first season. Which is something to keep an eye on, but I think that bottomed out last year at a shockingly low 4.1 per. Can't see that happening again.

Who said I have high expectations of Tate?

Well, if you really like the pick I am just assuming some level of expectation is tied to him, that's all. For him to have a real fantasy impact it involves Foster being out and I just don't see that as something to be counted on at this point.

Possible, sure. You're right though, the list of other options around his point is not lengthy by any means. People will have their preferences over him, and he was likely favored highly by many others as well.

I just think we could see a 400 yard 3 touchdown season from him. This always the handcuff gamble I suppose.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mendeleev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited my post, if thats an issue, let me know.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, picks are flying off of the board now.

Now to more important news:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7407/montee-ball

Quote:
Reporting live from Broncos camp, SI's Peter King tweeted early Friday that Montee Ball is "better" than Ronnie Hillman and will "win the job eventually."King isn't a trusted talent evaluator, so we suspect he gleaned this nugget from Broncos front-office sources. King is an information man. Undoubtedly, Ball is a superior fantasy bet than Hillman despite the fact Hillman opened Broncos camp with the first team. Ball is also receiving first-team reps, and the Denver Post reported he has excelled so far in pass protection.

Dancing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Even if Tate starts, I bet he doesn't producer. My bet is he's just an average runner in the league.

His rookie numbers disagree with you. (2011)

In 2011, as a backup, Tate yielded 175 carries for 942 yards and 4 touchdowns. So he has shown that he is capable of handling the load if Foster goes down.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
DaMenace wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
DaMenace wrote:

Who said I have high expectations of Tate?

Well, if you really like the pick I am just assuming some level of expectation is tied to him, that's all. For him to have a real fantasy impact it involves Foster being out and I just don't see that as something to be counted on at this point.

Possible, sure. You're right though, the list of other options around his point is not lengthy by any means. People will have their preferences over him, and he was likely favored highly by many others as well.

I just think we could see a 400 yard 3 touchdown season from him. This always the handcuff gamble I suppose.

All fair points. Once, again I'm a fan of the selection. That doesn't mean that he is going to light the league on fire and that also doesn't mean that he will be a 1,000 yard back. I like the pick at this point of the draft, with the thin pool of RB's that are available. My expectations are high IF Foster get's hurt. That's a huge IF but I wouldn't be shocked if that happened. Now If Foster stays healthy all 16 games then sure, the Tate selection was completely worthless.

I see Tate being mixed in on more downs then most people think:

Quote:
Texans | Don't want to overwork Arian Foster (Tue Jul 23, 08:38 AM) - The Houston Texans want RB Ben Tate to stay healthy so he can spell RB Arian Foster. The team doesn't want Foster to set another career high in carries after he had 351 last season. Tate is in a contract year.

I see Foster with about 280-300 carries a game, leaving Tate with 140-150 carries. I'd have to imagine that Tate is going add about 200 yards and 2 more TDs to your projections. To make things clear, I don't think I would select Tate or any handcuff for that matter in round 10. Since there are no more starting RB's available, I can see why someone would pull the trigger and draft one of the best handcuffs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to trade up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's knock out these next ~6 picks with USMC/AP/Me having them right quick like.

#JDI
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Let's knock out these next ~6 picks with USMC/AP/Me having them right quick like.

USMC looks to be out of the building.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

USMC looks to be out of the building.

Forgot he was traveling today, yeah nevermind Laughing

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 32 of 53

Jump to: