Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracy Porter's Tweet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
I'm not mad at Tracy Porter, he should be allowed to say his piece but frankly if it bothers a grown man about losing what number he plays with (when it isn't even his regular number) then that shows he is a bit of a baby IMO.

He already stated that he's not upset about losing his number, it's about how they forced it upon him to do it. The OP should add his second tweet which he posted shortly after his first tweet to the original post. I truly understand why he would be frustrated and honestly I would be to if I was in his situation.

@TracyPorter wrote:
Not mad at all...it's just the principle and the way it was handled.....said my piece, now back to football.
opeth0500

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
91jmay wrote:
I'm not mad at Tracy Porter, he should be allowed to say his piece but frankly if it bothers a grown man about losing what number he plays with (when it isn't even his regular number) then that shows he is a bit of a baby IMO.

He already stated that he's not upset about losing his number, it's about how they forced it upon him to do it. The OP should add his second tweet which he posted shortly after his first tweet to the original post. I truly understand why he would be frustrated and honestly I would be to if I was in his situation.

@TracyPorter wrote:
Not mad at all...it's just the principle and the way it was handled.....said my piece, now back to football.

You can't have Avi's as big as Rick Ross.

Porter should have settled a long time ago. Seriously this should have been taken care of in the first two weeks of
Charles coming back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in 2005, when the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers, they gave him jersey #12, but he preferred to wear #8, which Ryan Longwell was already wearing. Rodgers offered to buy the jersey number from Longwell, but Longwell told him, "Sure, as long as you can help me get back my old jersey number." When Rodgers asked what number that was, Longwell replied, "4." Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
i'm still trying to figure out what is going on. did Charles Woodson get #24 and Porter is upset?

if so, suck itup and deal with it Tracey.

1. You have a girl's name
2. Woodson is a Hall of Famer

But Woodson never picked off Peyton Manning in a Super Bowl Cool

If he had the opportunity, I'm sure he would've Laughing

Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rygar wrote:
Back in 2005, when the Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers, they gave him jersey #12, but he preferred to wear #8, which Ryan Longwell was already wearing. Rodgers offered to buy the jersey number from Longwell, but Longwell told him, "Sure, as long as you can help me get back my old jersey number." When Rodgers asked what number that was, Longwell replied, "4." Laughing
Never heard that story. If true, I wonder why Rodgers didnt switch to 8 when Longwell left in 2006.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should of been negotiated between players. No reason management needed to get involved in this.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders gonna raid.

Classless move. You pay the man for his number, not just steal it away.

Maybe the Raiders should focus on improving their team rather than taking away numbers and giving them to old washups.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Never heard that story. If true, I wonder why Rodgers didnt switch to 8 when Longwell left in 2006.

Once a guy has a jersey, they have to buy out the entire stock of them to change. Rodgers seems like a prideful dude, too. Wouldn't surprise me if spite was involved. Favre seemed like he was a pretty big [inappropriate/removed] to Rodgers.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Quote:

Once a guy has a jersey, they have to buy out the entire stock of them to change. Rodgers seems like a prideful dude, too. Wouldn't surprise me if spite was involved. Favre seemed like he was a pretty big [inappropriate/removed] to Rodgers.

Wait, maybe I'm missing something, what does that last sentence have to do with him possibly switching to #8 when it was available....?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First-world problems at it's finest.

<33333333
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Raiders gonna raid.

Classless move. You pay the man for his number, not just steal it away.

Maybe the Raiders should focus on improving their team rather than taking away numbers and giving them to old washups.

Yep if not for this number mixup we would be competing this year. #24 just took all our cap space and made us have a bunch of dead money. Why #24 have you given so many crappy contracts over the last 10 year's. Without that number we could have won the super bowl in 02. Rolling Eyes

Or maybe we could just not make ridiculous comments that really don't have anything do do with the thread.

Sigged by Jamison
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with Woodson wearing #24.

I just think the Raiders could have handled it better. It sounds like they didn't even ask him to change it, just gave it to Woodson. It's not a big deal, but it's a bit annoying, and I can understand why he would be mad.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
les paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's important to note that this is not a number Porter has been wearing the last 3 or 4 years in Oakland.. he was signed as a FA 30 days before Woodson signed his... Porter never even put on that jersey-

Would be a different had Porter worn #24 the last 3-4 years as a Raiders

Dudes never even put on a #24 jersey as a Raider

Not sure way he's getting all bent on this
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys, but I have played sports my entire life, and my favorite number is and has always been 24. its my symbol so to speak. it becomes a part of you. Look at Jordan when he came back from retirement and wore 45 and they lost in the playoffs. he immediately switched back to 23. they call peyton "18". Usually when a player wants another players number there is some friendly negotiations involved. it doesn't seem like that even happend

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I have played sports my entire life, and my favorite number is and has always been 24. its my symbol so to speak. it becomes a part of you. Look at Jordan when he came back from retirement and wore 45 and they lost in the playoffs. he immediately switched back to 23. they call peyton "18". Usually when a player wants another players number there is some friendly negotiations involved. it doesn't seem like that even happend

It probably did. Porter feels disrespected and he should. It completely goes against etiquette. Woodson asked the Raiders for the number and he got it...the Raiders organization did not respect Porter enough to even consider how he would feel about it (or didn't care). Either way...this doesn't happen with a well run organization. When veterans start to feel that they are not respected in a locker room, things tend to go bad for management. Porter shouldn't have apologized...the Raiders should have. And who knows...maybe they have.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: