Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Make a TV Show Draft - Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22096
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

innnnnn
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of people so far. I'm already worried about not getting the people/network I want.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Gambit Jango wrote:
should we do 2 people to a network?


yes. Everyone wants either a cable network or a premium network, and thats 5 selections max(HBO, Showtime, Netflix, FX, AMC). Two per network would be perfect.


What about Starz?
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20782
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I think it will depend on how long some peoples seasons are. I'm aiming for mine to be about 10-13 episodes so I don't really know.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35487
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I may have missed it but how long do you plan on having in-between episodes?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the rule on committed actors? Could I draft Jon Hamm or Claire Danes, who are both on TV shows long term? Or can I only take non-committed actors?
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20782
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I may have missed it but how long do you plan on having in-between episodes?


That's kind of what I'm asking lol
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20782
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
What's the rule on committed actors? Could I draft Jon Hamm or Claire Danes, who are both on TV shows long term? Or can I only take non-committed actors?


I meant to include this. Actors currently on TV shows are eligible to be drafted.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gambit Jango


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 5003
Location: "Egg, I dreamed that I was old."
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
That's a lot of people so far. I'm already worried about not getting the people/network I want.


we can just switch it to 3 to a network if we keep getting more people

people shouldn't be a problem. the talent pool should be stretched for tv anyway
_________________

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PantherDE90


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4505
Location: The Danger Zone
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
PantherDE90 wrote:
That's a lot of people so far. I'm already worried about not getting the people/network I want.


we can just switch it to 3 to a network if we keep getting more people

people shouldn't be a problem. the talent pool should be stretched for tv anyway


The person I want for my lead is probably going to picked very early. That's mainly what I'm worried about.
_________________

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35487
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I may have missed it but how long do you plan on having in-between episodes?


That's kind of what I'm asking lol


I mean if you are doing 1 episode every 2 weeks is that doable or not enough time? That turns this to a 5 month SIM for 10 episodes.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20782
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I may have missed it but how long do you plan on having in-between episodes?


That's kind of what I'm asking lol


I mean if you are doing 1 episode every 2 weeks is that doable or not enough time? That turns this to a 5 month SIM for 10 episodes.


I'm thinking the gap should be closer to about 1 a week or that we should set it up so that a certain amount of episodes should be up by a specific date so then the gaps are up to them.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24654
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le In. GJ, I think you and Panthers may drop a load based on what series I'm planning on doing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24654
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
How long do you guys want to aim for in terms of how long a season takes? I'd like to have good time in between episodes so people don't get burned out, but it also seems like it could take too long before getting to the next season.

Personally, I'm indifferent to how long the season takes but I want to know what you guys think.


I may have missed it but how long do you plan on having in-between episodes?


That's kind of what I'm asking lol


I mean if you are doing 1 episode every 2 weeks is that doable or not enough time? That turns this to a 5 month SIM for 10 episodes.


I'm thinking the gap should be closer to about 1 a week or that we should set it up so that a certain amount of episodes should be up by a specific date so then the gaps are up to them.

Well, I may be (could be tipping my hand a bit here) aiming for either Netflix or BBC series; so the release schedule tends to be a bit longer in between because the episodes are more like periodicals than standard 23 or 48 minute episodes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group