Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Safety Jarius Byrd holding out of TC; Signed tender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
So fans of the other 31 teams are saying Buffalo is incompetent for not making him the highest paid S in the league, but then wouldn't be willing to give up their 1st rounder for the guy? Rolling Eyes

Buffalo would be truly incompetent if they traded him for anything less then a 1st.

Bryd will be a Bill this year, and next.

A first rounder is kind of a big deal. If it was just a matter of money a ton of teams would be willing and able to sign him.

I'd be a little more willing to give Buffalo the benefit of the doubt if they didn't just massively overpay a player who hasn't been nearly as good as Byrd has been the last couple of years.

and who would that be? Mark Anderson? Because they cut him and admitted the mistake (something past regimes would never do).
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
So fans of the other 31 teams are saying Buffalo is incompetent for not making him the highest paid S in the league, but then wouldn't be willing to give up their 1st rounder for the guy? Rolling Eyes

Buffalo would be truly incompetent if they traded him for anything less then a 1st.

Bryd will be a Bill this year, and next.

A first rounder is kind of a big deal. If it was just a matter of money a ton of teams would be willing and able to sign him.

I'd be a little more willing to give Buffalo the benefit of the doubt if they didn't just massively overpay a player who hasn't been nearly as good as Byrd has been the last couple of years.

and who would that be? Mark Anderson? Because they cut him and admitted the mistake (something past regimes would never do).

I think he is talking about Mario Williams. But he doesn't realize we have a new HC and new GM since that signing. We have a different looking front office now.

Also I just realized it makes so much sense to not sign Byrd to a long term deal till after this season. Mario makes 40 million I believe the for the first two seasons. After this season he will have 4 years and 56 million left on it. Get through the hardest part of Williams contract before we make any big long term contracts.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

So Byrd should sit the rest of the year then?

He won't but he's not going to spend anytime risking his health in TC. He'll play football when he has no alternative.

i.e. He'll pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out until Week 8, so that he's eligible to accrue a year of service, not more, no less.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

He won't but he's not going to spend anytime risking his health in TC. He'll play football when he has no alternative.

i.e. He'll pull a Vincent Jackson and sit out until Week 8, so that he's eligible to accrue a year of service, not more, no less.

You really think he sits out that long?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

He's throwing a tantrum over something he cannot in any way change whether or not he shows up to camp or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did sit that long honestly. Hell even if he does just skip all of camp and try to come in for the regular season, he's not going to start for a couple weeks because he will literally know NOTHING about the new defense he'll be playing in.

All he's doing is screwing with his own chance to showcase his talent for other teams if he apparently wants out of Buffalo so bad.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

He's throwing a tantrum over something he cannot in any way change whether or not he shows up to camp or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did sit that long honestly. Hell even if he does just skip all of camp and try to come in for the regular season, he's not going to start for a couple weeks because he will literally know NOTHING about the new defense he'll be playing in.

All he's doing is screwing with his own chance to showcase his talent for other teams if he apparently wants out of Buffalo so bad.

im sure teams already know how good he is though, also you think they wont try and do a long-term extension or is that where the team/byrds hands are tied?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

im sure teams already know how good he is though, also you think they wont try and do a long-term extension or is that where the team/byrds hands are tied?

The deadline for him to sign an extension on the franchise tender passed months ago. So right now he's basically refusing to sign the tender even though not signing it just means he gets to skip training camp.

He's using it as an excuse to not have to pay the fines for missing camp because technically he's not under contract.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe he just wants it to be known he wants to be paid like the top FS in the game which he arguably is

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

The deadline for him to sign an extension on the franchise tender passed months ago. So right now he's basically refusing to sign the tender even though not signing it just means he gets to skip training camp.

He's using it as an excuse to not have to pay the fines for missing camp because technically he's not under contract.

Seeing as a ton of players get injured in training camp every year, this seems like a pretty prudent decision.

So Mark Sanchez was a better player last season than Russel Wilson?

Depends on what you are looking for. Breaking down defenses I would take Sanchez no doubt.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will hold out for several weeks than give in just like everyone else. I'm next to positive he will be given a contract in excess of Troy Polomalu in 2014... For a team not named the Bills.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
He will hold out for several weeks than give in just like everyone else. I'm next to positive he will be given a contract in excess of Troy Polomalu in 2014... For a team not named the Bills.

If he gives in, the Bills can franchise him again, and the price still isn't too terrible. That's probably the biggest thing he's fighting for right now, is the a promise not to franchise him again next year.

Since Buffalo seems willing to let him hold out, I expect he'll be in Buffalo again for 2014.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
The #Bills have signed FS Jairus Byrd to a one-year franchise tender, the team announced.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/369994250035138560
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: