Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles announce that Michael Vick is their starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
So why would anyone be clamoring for Marky Mark's vastly inferior replacement at USC to play?
You mean the guy who put up better lumbers than Andrew Luck in 2011 vs the same opponents? You mean the Pac-12's all-time passing leader? You mean the captain of captains? You mean the sparkiest of signal callers? You mean the sensei of sparkles?

#InferiorHow
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait
Eagles fans think Matt Barkley is good?!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

Take it how you you think Wink

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait
Nope, just me mainly. And I'm mildly being sarcastic with my posts. I forget that not everyone on all of FF is familiar with my love for Barkley.

He's not a clear cut franchise QB, I know. But he was my favorite college player that got drafted by my favorite NFL team. Years of dreams were finally realized. I want him to so badly do well. I'll take any typed-up lashings that come along with those feelings from any and all internet know-it-alls.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This buys Chip and Co. time to play to win then draft a real QB next year and trade Foles in the offseason in which he could get more value and time to learn a playbook to be a starter for another team.

Sig bet
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait
Nope, just me mainly. And I'm mildly being sarcastic with my posts. I forget that not everyone on all of FF is familiar with my love for Barkley.

He's not a clear cut franchise QB, I know. But he was my favorite college player that got drafted by my favorite NFL team. Years of dreams were finally realized. I want him to so badly do well. I'll take any typed-up lashings that come along with those feelings from any and all internet know-it-alls.

Well I suppose if my favorite college player was drafted by my favorite team I'd be the same way.

Hell I still think Dougie can be a good WR in the NFL and he's like, what, the Jets #4 on a good day? Laughing
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
This buys Chip and Co. time to play to win then draft a real QB next year and trade Foles in the offseason in which he could get more value and time to learn a playbook to be a starter for another team.
That bad man in your sig, from my home state, might look nice in Eagles midnight green for 2014. Cool
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

Well I suppose if my favorite college player was drafted by my favorite team I'd be the same way.

Hell I still think Dougie can be a good WR in the NFL and he's like, what, the Jets #4 on a good day? Laughing

Or how I'd have gone BananasUsc style if Ronnie Hillman had been drafted as a Charger and not a Bronco.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

Good looking.

Vick winning the competition was pretty much expected outside a few who were perhaps a bit overzealous. Whether we'll see good quarterbacking during the regular season is still up in the air.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
green24

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

As of now, he's definitely behind Kerley, Holmes (when healthy), Hill, aand Gates. He's competing with Obomanu, Spadola, and maybe Zach Rogers for the spots after them.

I know how you feel though. I love Dougie, as a Jets and Michigan fan. Although, I wasn't really a college football fan when he played.

#TeamManfred
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

Matt Barkley's greatness will be the same if not more then the legend himself fredex

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait

As of now, he's definitely behind Kerley, Holmes (when healthy), Hill, aand Gates. He's competing with Obomanu, Spadola, and maybe Zach Rogers for the spots after them.

I know how you feel though. I love Dougie, as a Jets and Michigan fan. Although, I wasn't really a college football fan when he played.

No matter what happens to him, all I ever think of is the MSU triple OT game where he was just unstoppable.

It's why every single time he's been cut I'v wanted the Bills to sign him (that and we haven't had a big body guy here in a decade), because to me that's Dougie. And it'll always be what he is despite reality telling me otherwise.

Ah being a fan. Laughing
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Wait
It's funny you laugh at someone saying Barkley is good but you are just as ignorant if you think he's bad. Fact, we don't know what kind of QB Barkley is. People will have opinions but nothing is for sure. And neither opinion, Barkley being good or bad, is 4 lol smiley's worthy.

ninjapirate wrote:

Foles and barkley are at least young. playing them you can see what you have in them. if it isn't anything you go and get a new qb. Vick playing yu have to get a qb no matter what but still need to find out about foles and barkley.

A 34 year old FA qb at the end of the year offers us nothing. Like short of his winning the superbowl(with our defense no change) he doesnt bring the frnachise anything except a reduced change at perhaps getting the franchise qb we long for.
So you want your team to throw in the towel on the season before the season has even begun just to see if the young guys are worth anything? That's silly. Vick gives them the best chance to win football games right now. Now, Vick is no Peyton, but should the Broncos start Osweiler just to see what they have in him because Manning is old? No of course not. Now if the the Eagles start the season terribly with say a 1-5 or 0-6 record, then you move in the young QB's to see what's what but you just can't sit the better QB to start the season just because he's older.

Kempes on the custom sig!
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
That bad man in your sig, from my home state, might look nice in Eagles midnight green for 2014. Cool
Chip loves him some Marcus. I hope they get him. Twisted Evil

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: