Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.31]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think that subjectively the broncos wide receivers could be rated under Seattle, New York Giants, Eagles and even the Cowboys. Don't get me wrong I think your group is very dangerous but if you put an equally talented QB on one of those other teams, I think it would tip the scales in their favor a bit more often.

Peyton having Jackson and Maclin to work with would be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I really think that subjectively the broncos wide receivers could be rated under Seattle, New York Giants, Eagles and even the Cowboys. Don't get me wrong I think your group is very dangerous but if you put an equally talented QB on one of those other teams, I think it would tip the scales in their favor a bit more often.

Are you serious? Are you insinuating that Manning is what makes Thomas and Decker good WRs?

Let's just compare here: we'll do the Top 3 from each team right now:

Seattle- Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin
New York- Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Reuben Randle
Philly- DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin (even though he's not healthy), Jason Avant?
Dallas- Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, Kevin Ogletree?

Denver- Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker, Eric Decker.

I'm sorry but there is no way that a team like Dallas or Philly has a better WR corps at this point. The Giants could be mentioned, but the third option would need to be more developed. Seattle, with Harvin, could be included in the conversation, but without him, not a chance.

I don't really think I'm alone in this, there were comparison threads for this in the Comp forum, and most people had Denver bare minimum Top 3.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Are you serious? Are you insinuating that Manning is what makes Thomas and Decker good WRs?

I am serious. Peyton may not make those receivers, but he does make them better. Peyton's prep is second to none in the league and you are really kidding yourself if you think that he wouldn't make Dez look like the best WR in the league. Sorry to drive this off topic, I was just interested in hearing how you viewed those other groups that an argument could be made for. I don't disagree that te Broncos are too 3 I'm just saying that they shouldn't be just locked into that spot without some consideration given to other recording groups. The Saints are another team that should at least be talked about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I am serious. Peyton may not make those receivers, but he does make them better. Peyton's prep is second to none in the league and you are really kidding yourself if you think that he wouldn't make Dez look like the best WR in the league. Sorry to drive this off topic, I was just interested in hearing how you viewed those other groups that an argument could be made for. I don't disagree that te Broncos are too 3 I'm just saying that they shouldn't be just locked into that spot without some consideration given to other recording groups. The Saints are another team that should at least be talked about.

I'm not denying that Manning helps his WRs, but I think, and especially in the case of DT, that his talents get severely underrated because of Manning being there. I can understand giving considerations to other teams, but there are few other teams with three legitimate, proven WR options. ATL has two but they are really good, GB has 3.

New Orleans? Eh, they are a very good offense as a whole, but I don't think their WR trio touches Denvers. Right now that trio is Marques Colston, Lance Moore, and Kenny Stills.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Broncos will reclaim $1.25 million of signing bonus they gave Von Miller, withholding the money from his paychecks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/376719093254352896

Quote:
Von Millerís defense team is convinced return of bonus money is not included in settlement it reached with NFL.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/376719268760797185
Tom Brady Tribute
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

They sucked when they played with Tebow...

They are very good WR's but they didn't exactly elevate Tebow as a passer (though how many WR's are actually capable of that?)

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Broncos will reclaim $1.25 million of signing bonus they gave Von Miller, withholding the money from his paychecks.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/376719093254352896

Quote:
Von Millerís defense team is convinced return of bonus money is not included in settlement it reached with NFL.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/376719268760797185
this is old news and has been known Denver HAD to take it back over the new CBA von needs to worry about keeping his nose clean other wise he's gonna be NFL
BullsandBroncos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

They are very good WR's but they didn't exactly elevate Tebow as a passer (though how many WR's are actually capable of that?)

I mean, if you were allowed to catch bounce passes, I'm sure he'd be our starter still.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

This is where the disrespect is on display.

Did you see what DT did with Tebow. He was one of the most productive receivers in the second half of 2011. He was raw and had no route tree with tebow.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

This is where the disrespect is on display.

Did you see what DT did with Tebow. He was one of the most productive receivers in the second half of 2011. He was raw and had no route tree with tebow.
not everyone can know what they're takling about.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Demaryius Thomas didn't suck with Tebow. I'm not the biggest Decker fan, but he really didn't either. I have more of an issue with the DT disrespect though. He's plain and simple one of the best WRs in the league. There's no QB that changes that. He's just a stud.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BullsandBroncos wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I mean, if you were allowed to catch bounce passes, I'm sure he'd be our starter still.

Hahahaha this is such an awesome comment.

I am pretty sure Ponder would make DT look human. Poor Vikings fans are stuck with just meh as a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this dude just got busted for speeding, again?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:

green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Yep.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/von-miller-in-more-legal-trouble/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 25 of 34

Jump to: