Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller out for season with a knee injury
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sick of people saying "just wrap up and make a proper tackle!". It's easy to say that when you have hindsight and are sitting at a computer - not so easy on the football field when everything is happening at the blink of an eye.

Fact is, if tackling high wasn't so dangerous for DEFENSIVE players (flags, fines, suspensions) then players would be more encouraged to simply wrap and make proper tackles. But the other fact is that it is more safe for a defensive player to simply go low and sweep the legs out since they can't be fined, flagged, or suspended for it (as of now).

That's the way the NFL is. They made the decision that concussions were too dangerous in the NFL, so now, instead of concussions that rarely happened anyways, we're going to see a thousand more knee injuries, and the proof is already happening with all the injuries we've seen thus far in the preseason.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was dirty or intentional, but it was stupid for Swearinger to go low. Based on physics, he could have easily driven Keller to the ground with a waste tackle. Don't give me none of that "he's 50 lbs more than you" crap.

Keller could be a top 5 TE in the NFL. And it sucks his career may have just ended.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A silver lining for Keller fans... Schefty is reporting that Keller has avoided any nerver damage.

Rotoworld.com wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders that Dustin Keller avoided nerve damage when he tore his ACL, MCL, and PCL and dislocated his right knee in Miami's third preseason game.
Per Schefter, Keller's knee "cartilage and nerves are intact," and "doctors believe he will have a chance to resume his NFL career."

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: