Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats looking into a trade for a TE [Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sciz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
We drafted him in the fourth, he is on his rookie deal and he is decent so a fiifth would be retarded let alone your lowball answer. Why Harbor is so hated I will never understand
He also has never had 200 yards receiving in a season and has been tried at three different positions this preseason. You're vastly overrating his value. He's more likely to get cut than for you to get anything in a trade for him.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
If last night is any indication, what they really need is a blocker. Fells is hurt, Hoomanawanui is too inconsistent, Gronk really doesn't need that much of a beating even once he is back, Sudfeld needs at least a year to bulk up before he has any chance of pushing NFL defenders around, and most disappointingly, it seems that Ballard's knee has not only made him even less of a receiver (as expected), but really hurt his ability to block too.

So my guess that is that takes a guy like Clay Harbor or Fred Davis out of the equation.

Harbor is a decent blocker. Not a mauler or anything, but he gets the job done. But, I don't know that the Eagles are trying to move him and who knows if the Patriots actually want him.

Last edited by WhackyPlague on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaRam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
We drafted him in the fourth, he is on his rookie deal and he is decent so a fiifth would be retarded let alone your lowball answer. Why Harbor is so hated I will never understand
He also has never had 200 yards receiving in a season and has been tried at three different positions this preseason. You're vastly overrating his value. He's more likely to get cut than for you to get anything in a trade for him.

That's usually how it goes.

"X player is a Xth round pick. We should be able to get that back for him in a trade. We definitely won't take anything less."

-player is cut-

"Well he was never good anyway. We're better without him."
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:

He hasn't been given any opportunity. He is a third year player. You don't trade a player who is still developing you just drafted unless he is obviously a bust. Harbor is not on the roster bubble, he is getting tried at more positions since our WRs have been going down like flies and you can only dress 45 guys so only way we dress four TEs is if Harbor is versatile. Chip has stated we have two different TE spots with one starter and one backup at each spot, we even have different coaches for the two TE spots so we are definitely keeping four TEs and Harbor is definitely one of them.

He has more value as a backup then anything we're going to get for him

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Harbor for a 6th or two 7th's.

Damn dude what's your problem? I didn't say I had anything against the guy, just making my Fantasy GM suggestion.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise to hear this especially given Gronkowski's injuries and the Hernandez situation.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Withmy89vision wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
Harbor for a 6th or two 7th's.

He's now on the final year of his rookie deal, not with 4-years on it... that's a huge difference. #JustSaying

Most player trades [decent-to-good players that is] happen when a player is on the final year of his contract because the team who has him rather get value now than probably pay him a lot later, that's why a player like Santonio Holmes who was a Superbowl MVP and a 1,000 yard receiver just a year before his trade was traded for a 5th [well, in his case there was also legal issues] but in genreal that's why a lot of player trades, even for good players don't usually net a lot in terms of picks, because the contract only has one year left on it.

I would rather keep Harbor for one year than get a fifth. Also I believe we like Harbor and that Celek isn't Chip's favorite. I would rather trade Celek, we would get more for him, he will cost more to re-sign, and he is less versatile than Harbor. However I wouldn't personally trade any of them unless someone offered a second for Celek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The Rams will trade you Lance Kendricks for a 2nd.

If that's the scale we're using, the Bengals will trade you Gresham for two 1sts... Laughing

Gresham would be killer for the Pats
green24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuhZee wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
The Rams will trade you Lance Kendricks for a 2nd.

If that's the scale we're using, the Bengals will trade you Gresham for two 1sts... Laughing

Gresham would be killer for the Pats

I don't think Gisele would like all those drops.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moeaki fractured his shoulder Saturday - just announced today (live on a radio interview with Reid on 810WHB)- he's out of the running it would seem.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
patman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where Mort got this, i think they are very happy with the TEs on the roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: