Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay to release QB Graham Harrell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Hate the fact that he somehow marched down the field on half of our #1 defense and almost threw a TD -_-
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Siv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Hate the fact that he somehow marched down the field on half of our #1 defense and almost threw a TD -_-

Pretty sure he did throw a TD
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siv wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

No he didn't. VY had the only Packers passing TD yesterday.

Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for the guy but he just didn't have it. Confused

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Siv wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

No he didn't. VY had the only Packers passing TD yesterday.

I think that Siv though that Ring Worm Sherm was talking about Young, when he was actually talking about Harrell.

What a mouthful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vince Young has a couple of weeks in a complicated playbook and he has the mental capacity of a child and he beats out Harrell, who was going into the 4th year in the same system. This is a sign that Harrell should never touch a football again. Ever.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Vince Young has a couple of weeks in a complicated playbook and he has the mental capacity of a child and he beats out Harrell, who was going into the 4th year in the same system. This is a sign that Harrell should never touch a football again. Ever.

Capacity of Child..he just went back and got his college degree. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Not to be worried. IIRC, the drive was aided by at least one penalty and a decent YAC play. Notice how he only moved the ball on that one drive and how poor he looked the rest of the time.

He had full command of the offense until the ball was snapped. Then he just wasn't good enough. I think he could make a very good coach.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Not to be worried. IIRC, the drive was aided by at least one penalty and a decent YAC play. Notice how he only moved the ball on that one drive and how poor he looked the rest of the time.

He had full command of the offense until the ball was snapped. Then he just wasn't good enough. I think he could make a very good coach.
Right. He's a smart guy and knew the offense as good as anyone. McCarthy gave him the best opportunity to succeed but Harrell just doesn't have an NFL arm or NFL talent.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with that OL, they need someone who can move

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

People had their mind made up a long time ago.

2014 Adopt a Titan: Bernard Pollard #31
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really happy Vince looks to have made the team. Talked to him at training camp a few times this year and he was very welcoming and seemed motivated with the chance the front office gave him.Harrell just didn't have the arm talent to play in the NFL. Really no surprise though, he looks like a punter in person.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

OK.... He still isn't an intelligent human being and he has a history to prove it. I'm glad he's in town and is an upgrade over Harrell. I just hope he can learn the playbook and take to some of Mac's coaching.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

OK.... He still isn't an intelligent human being and he has a history to prove it. I'm glad he's in town and is an upgrade over Harrell. I just hope he can learn the playbook and take to some of Mac's coaching.

See, I disagree with this.

Had you said "He's been an immature human being" then that would be one thing. But claiming he isn't intelligent? He made some bad decisions with his money (just like a LOT of QB's in this league) and has struggled with maturity issues.

That doesn't mean he's not intelligent.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

See, I disagree with this.

Had you said "He's been an immature human being" then that would be one thing. But claiming he isn't intelligent? He made some bad decisions with his money (just like a LOT of QB's in this league) and has struggled with maturity issues.

That doesn't mean he's not intelligent.

Exactly ....He has made some very minor mistakes...and he has to take the blame for them...and that is the way it should be. But how many QB's deal with what VY dealt with..It's common knowledge that Fisher hated him...His mentor Mcnair dies an early and horrible and disgraceful death. He was constantly hated in Tenn. never allowed to make a mistake without being benched..including the coach on board with that notion. Did he bring some of it on himself..yes...but not all.....He didn't handle extreme hate and pressure well..that does not make him unintelligent..it makes him human. Farve didn't handle pressure well either...he resorted to popping pills..is he dumb? Ryan Mallet resorted to be a locker room cancer and using cocaine..is he dumb? VY is a degree holder, and a good father and husband(not sure if still married) who almost never gets in trouble off the field...not only is he intelligent..he's a role model.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: