Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crazy LT idea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Macks but if we don't pick a left tackle or QB, I will probably be very angry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I'm a big fan of Macks but if we don't pick a left tackle or QB, I will probably be very angry

I agree drafting a LT is a priority. But impact passrushers are much harder to find outside of the 1st round than a quality LT. Not saying we shouldn't take a LT in the 1st but if our defense is ever going to take the next step we are going to need an impact passrusher. Something we haven't had since Bertrand Berry.
SuperFlyTNT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to pick a position in the draft right now - we've gone and selected too many guys that haven't panned out. QB, pass rusher, tackle - whomever is there that can become an elite player.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much money for Thomas. Just another body in that position would be an upgrade via FA for now. Levi is just a bad left tackle and the Cards should do something pretty quick.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

127 wrote:
Too much money for Thomas. Just another body in that position would be an upgrade via FA for now. Levi is just a bad left tackle and the Cards should do something pretty quick.

Like what? There is no better replacement for Levi right now. The only thing we can do is be effective on 1st and 2nd down. Putting ourselves in convertible 3rd down situations where Carson can get rid of the ball quicker. We also need to get the run game going again making our offense less predictable.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy idea:

Cut Levi at year end and throw buckets of money at Brandon Albert

Levi is on 6 mil approx and we have cap space and dead money so 10 mil per year for Brandon is ok, then draft QB or olb with first round pick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Crazy idea:

Levi is on 6 mil approx and we have cap space and dead money so 10 mil per year for Brandon is ok, then draft QB or olb with first round pick

I like this idea!

Now here's another hypothetical situation. Let's say the Giants get the #1 pick and the Steelers get the #2 pick. Giants draft Clowney and the Steelers want to get out of the #2 spot. Would you be willing to make a trade to get Bridgewater by giving up what the Redskjns had to for RG3?
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i had already secured a LT who isnt named Levi Brown

Then HELL yeh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck no, I'm drafting a left tackle first round next year. Period, no pother way around it. That is what I think we should do

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Heck no, I'm drafting a left tackle first round next year. Period, no pother way around it. That is what I think we should do

What if we could sign one of the big LT free agents? There's Monroe, Albert, and Veldheer. I think signing one of these guys in the offseason would make the consensus of Cardinal fans very happy. Then we could make a little bit more of an exciting 1st round draft pick (QB, OLB, DB).
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtdowner wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

What if we could sign one of the big LT free agents? There's Monroe, Albert, and Veldheer. I think signing one of these guys in the offseason would make the consensus of Cardinal fans very happy. Then we could make a little bit more of an exciting 1st round draft pick (QB, OLB, DB).

I find getting a franchise left tackle very exciting, but that's just me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:

A pro team would ever look at it that way though. Surely we'll target more than 1 position with our 1st round pick and reaching for an LT has burned us before...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Crazy idea:

Mr Accountant,

Is this 2014 cap space graph accurate? If so we're already at the cap with only 44 players...

Surely guaranteeing guys like Levi, Colledge and maybe DD will be shown the door. If we have to make cuts just to sign our draft pick slots then i doubt we'll be tossing money around in FA...

PP also will be getting a hefty raise soon....

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

A pro team would ever look at it that way though. Surely we'll target more than 1 position with our 1st round pick and reaching for an LT has burned us before...

Thing is is that there are so many freaking Left Tackles this year that if we don't get one I will probably have a stroke.

This probably aligns with how much left tackle film I've been watching. Just need to calm down and move into the pass rushers Laughing

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me this. You put an elite Left Tackle on our current line how much better do we get? I don't see a huge improvement. We are still going to see a lot of pressure on the QB coming up the middle through our below par interior line and off the opposite edge through the under-performing Eric Winston. Teams will just throw a strong guy who can rush the passer, but is not great at it over our LT and then throw their best pass rushers at the weak spots of our offensive line.

We need to forget about the notion that a single player at LT is going to make or break this offensive line. It is improving the line as a unit. I am fine with Levi at LT or RT we can win with Levi at LT or RT on the OL as long as we have a QB and a solid interior.

I am not OK with what Levi is getting paid.

The Left Tackle position in the NFL has become severely overrated and overvalued. The correlation to winning football games and having an elite tackle is close to nil.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: