Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Patton Diagnosed with Fractured Foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Quinton Patton Diagnosed with Fractured Foot Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 4s
Quinton Patton foot fracture. Will be out a while.

Welp, this sucks as we were low on WR depth already. I guess Moore gets to play next week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can never catch a break, in the WR department...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
We can never catch a break, in the WR department...

Well at least our injuries are occurring now rather than later. We could potentially be getting Crabs, Manningham, and Patton back for a late-season run, to go alongside Boldin/Baldwin/KW.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. He missed a lot of preseason and was just beginning to come around. Moved up on the depth chart, caught his first pass, and I was hoping was going to start contributing. Now my hopes are transferring over to Baldwin. Effectively because of the trade he's what we've got out of our first round pick last year. Let's hope he can giving us something approaching a first rounder's cotnributions.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to be out for a while
And we can't bring in somebody else like collie either cuzz were not going to out him on ir

Kaep needs to give kdub some love. Anybody have all 22... Is he getting open? I thought he would have a big year for us

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Baldwin.

Edit: At least Chad Hall is with the Chiefs, so there's no chance of him joining our roster.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Baldwin at the very least has great size and doesn't need to create separation to be effective. Next game may be a bit difficult for our WRs going up against Jackson and Joseph though. Heck, every game basically has been difficult aside from the Packers game Laughing .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yep, Baldwin at the very least has great size and doesn't need to create separation to be effective. Next game may be a bit difficult for our WRs going up against Jackson and Joseph though. Heck, every game basically has been difficult aside from the Packers game Laughing .

If we can somehow get past the Texans, then he have a favorable schedule up to our bye week.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but the Titans game looks much harder now than it did before the season started. I'm not sure why, but I feel very confident we beat the Texans even though that is exactly the type of team that gives us issues. They are a physical team that likes to pound the rock, and have a very good DL. But at the same time I think they beat Seattle on Sunday Laughing . I don't see Lynch having much success and their OL is really banged up. Jackson/Joseph could take the Seahawks WRs out of the game once they do start getting desperate through the air.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldwin needs to be boldin's shadow and learn everything he can from the guy about using his body and getting space.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
More Baldwin.

Edit: At least Chad Hall is with the Chiefs, so there's no chance of him joining our roster.

haha good, I feared Chad Hall would be the next Brett Swain. A receiver we are always resigning that never produces anything.

I agree, Baldwin is a legit talent. He's got speed size and knows how to use his body. I'm really glad we made that trade, Baldwin has already outproduced AJ in his first game active.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's about right for how it goes with our receiving corps haha. I will admit, this does have me a little concerned about his long term potential as an NFL receiver; 4 weeks into his NFL career and he's already suffered two injuries that caused him to miss significant chunks of time. Yes, they could potentially just be freak occurrences, but still, it's a bit of a warning sign.

I honestly don't think it'll affect the offense overly much since he was getting so few snaps anyway, and I think the coaching staff was going to play Boldin/Williams most of the time with Baldwin getting more and more snaps as we go along. There's no real benefit to going 5 wide for us since VD is such a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses, so really he'd only get plays when we went 4 wide or the coaching staff wanted to rotate him in, which just wasn't going to happen too often.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Swift21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finger injuries are very common for WR's. That's no warning sign.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: