Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3's Knee Brace . Needed or a Joke ..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
I think we will see RG3 become a little more like his old self each week this season. His speed is still there hoping he proves doubters wrong in the coming weeks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9690576/robert-griffin-iii-ready-run-more-provide-spark-washington-redskins

Yeah, I like the point that Adrian Peterson had no 100 yard game until like Week 6 and didn't hit his stride till late in the year.

Also RG3 had an LCL repair in addition, so there's alot of recovery still...
Yeah, I heard that yesterday also. Everyone acts like Peterson just stepped on the field last year week 1 and was immediately getting 100 YDs every game.

The truth is, the story was that AD was just playing on the knee 9 months after surgery.

Well RG3 injured his knee two weeks after Peterson injured his and RG3 injured his LCL (which is a harder rehab) and he had his ACL repaired in the knee.

Everyone needs to calm down- RG3 will be back and will be better in the long run because he's working more on his passing game now, but he probably won't be totally confident like he was last year till the last two months of the season.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ands and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful Christmas we would have.

All in all, where Griffin is is where he is. Hopefully he gets his groove back soon.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Shanahan is a ( I can't use the word here--but It's our fav part of the female body ) ..He has the guilts cause he didn't pull him in the Seattle game.. It's 98% on him.. I'm sure most of this board was screaming at the TV--Take him out !!

Maybe he hasn't runied his career but he sure set it back.. Now he owes RG3 and apparently promised him he'd start week 1 if cleared. It's a fiasco. Cousins shoulda started the first 4 games absolutely. There's no going back at this point .. and the season is in peril-early. Don't expect any 7 game miracles this season.. ain't in the cards.
I agree with you but, I guarantee you that if Cousins had started the first two games we'd be 0-2 right now because its a team game and our team wasn't better than the Eagles or Packers in either week.

Morris still would have fumbled on his first carry vs the Eagles and mishandled the horrible play call by Kyle to have a pitch in the endzone. Our defense still would have struggled in tackling and coverage. We still would have had some dropped passes and our OL still would have made some mistakes which would have led to Cousins getting hit also.

I guarantee you if Cousins had started week 1 vs the Eagles and we would have went into half time down 26-7 (with only the D scoring) the fans would have been cheering Rg3! RG3 going into halftime!

And they would have benched Cousins for Rg3 in the second half.

This team wouldn't have won either game no matter which Qb was starting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little comment by James Andrews about recovering from injuries for those that thought Cousins should have been playing instead of RG3 to start the year...

"Initially, Andrews was asked generally about the difference between being medically cleared and 100 percent. Griffin’s name wasn’t specifically mentioned (it seems that one of the ground rules was that Griffin wouldn’t be specifically discussed), but Andrews sensed where it was going.

“Well, that’s a difficult question and it’s probably not fair to discuss that under the circumstances,” Andrews said, “but I can tell you that generally when you think an athlete’s ready to go back, he’s still got about two months to go through the psychological aspects of it and to get his mind cleared about what’s happened to him, and to be ready to really get back to his previous level. So it’s not a clear line, a clear definition to be able to make those decisions.”"

I still find it crazy that people thought Cousins should have started the year as QB when RG3 was medically cleared to play. I'm very encouraged by the progress RG3 has made each week and think this week should be another step in the right direction for RG3. I think after the bye week we are going to see RG3 very close to his old self, and hopefully he will be able to help turn our season around.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Just a little comment by James Andrews about recovering from injuries for those that thought Cousins should have been playing instead of RG3 to start the year...

"Initially, Andrews was asked generally about the difference between being medically cleared and 100 percent. Griffin’s name wasn’t specifically mentioned (it seems that one of the ground rules was that Griffin wouldn’t be specifically discussed), but Andrews sensed where it was going.

“Well, that’s a difficult question and it’s probably not fair to discuss that under the circumstances,” Andrews said, “but I can tell you that generally when you think an athlete’s ready to go back, he’s still got about two months to go through the psychological aspects of it and to get his mind cleared about what’s happened to him, and to be ready to really get back to his previous level. So it’s not a clear line, a clear definition to be able to make those decisions.”"

I still find it crazy that people thought Cousins should have started the year as QB when RG3 was medically cleared to play. I'm very encouraged by the progress RG3 has made each week and think this week should be another step in the right direction for RG3. I think after the bye week we are going to see RG3 very close to his old self, and hopefully he will be able to help turn our season around.

I remember last year pre-injury he was saying he never plays with FEAR. This year I think he is playing with fear --and rightfully so..!
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why he's not wearing the same style brace Braxton Miller is wearing? Seems like it allows him to move very well.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:

Thanks Tyler and I agree. Rg3 is getting better every week and I think they've handled everything correctly. I too think after they bye week he's going to be great. I can't wait to see him play vs Dallas

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I have no idea why he's not wearing the same style brace Braxton Miller is wearing? Seems like it allows him to move very well.
It doesn't offer the same support. Braxton Miller only sprained his knee, he didn't tear anything.

Possibly later in the year he will move to something like he wore last year

A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point a friend made earlier today. He was talking about how Derrick Rose looked in the Bulls first preseason game and how much confidence he had in his health. He was lambasted for not playing because he didn't feel "right". Although RGIII says he feels right, everyone can see that he isn't. Would have liked to see him sit out the 1st 4 games, use the bye week to get more acclimated and play week 6 vs. Dallas. Lets face it, with Kirk Cousins in for the 1st 4 game, we would probably be 1-3 as well. You can make up for everything in terms of injury rehabilitation except for time. I really the extra 5-6 weeks would have helped him not only with the injury with his confidence in his knee. As for the knee brace, I don't see him taking it off this season. I just hope that it heals properly and he is back to himself for the 2014-2015 season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Interesting point a friend made earlier today. He was talking about how Derrick Rose looked in the Bulls first preseason game and how much confidence he had in his health. He was lambasted for not playing because he didn't feel "right". Although RGIII says he feels right, everyone can see that he isn't. Would have liked to see him sit out the 1st 4 games, use the bye week to get more acclimated and play week 6 vs. Dallas. Lets face it, with Kirk Cousins in for the 1st 4 game, we would probably be 1-3 as well. You can make up for everything in terms of injury rehabilitation except for time. I really the extra 5-6 weeks would have helped him not only with the injury with his confidence in his knee. As for the knee brace, I don't see him taking it off this season. I just hope that it heals properly and he is back to himself for the 2014-2015 season.
ha! I was thinking of that same thing, how Rose is able to laugh at his critics now. Rg3 put himself out there though and put the coach in a corner all starting with his Adidas tv add. No one to blame but rg3 on that one.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean he had the most respected knee doctor in the world clear him to play. He hasn't been a superstar, but he hasn't exactly been the only reason we've been losing. It's not like he's been pulling a Romo.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I mean he had the most respected knee doctor in the world clear him to play. He hasn't been a superstar, but he hasn't exactly been the only reason we've been losing. It's not like he's been pulling a Romo.
yeah, he hasn't put up 48 pts in a game, 506 yds and 5 tds. I love RG3, but I'd love for him to be more like how Romo's played this year and I'd love for us to only lose to dev by 3.

Romo's line this year:

71.8%, 1523 yds, 13 tds, 2 int 114.3 rtg

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
yeah, he hasn't put up 48 pts in a game, 506 yds and 5 tds. I love RG3, but I'd love for him to be more like how Romo's played this year and I'd love for us to only lose to dev by 3.

Romo's line this year:

Romo's line this year 2-3. RG3's 1-3. I don't see much difference.

Adopt - a - Redskin
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Romo's line this year:

Yeah, he's lost to 2 undefeated teams.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Romo's line this year:

Yeah, he's lost to 2 undefeated teams.
You know you're defending Tony Romo over RG3 in the Redskins forum right?

Adopt - a - Redskin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: