Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teams looking to draft a QB early in 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 24156
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke1592 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Luke1592 wrote:
Everyone is forgetting the Titans, there's a very high chance they draft a QB.


Actually theres not a high chance they take one. Locker has looked solid this season when the OC has got him into rhythm. He keeps playing like he is and continues to improve, the Titans won't be taking a QB.


Locker will be back to his old self very soon.


Oh you know the future huh? Please tell me the winning lottery #'s.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24215
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised the Raiders aren't higher up here. Guess people consider us to have needs all over the place so we can't go QB.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5185
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another team I could see is the Rams. Bradford is not a good QB.
Well thats not true on either statement


As for teams that will be looking for a new QB next season (not all will necessarily be Drafted) there will be quite a few:
Raiders - 100%
Browns - 100%
Bucs - 100%
Jaguars - 90%
Vikings - 80%
Eagles - 75%
Cardinals - 40%
Titans - 30%
Jets - 25%

Wow, its almost a 1/4 of the league that will be getting a new starting QB in one way or another next season.




huh? No way they Jets will be considering a QB.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another team I could see is the Rams. Bradford is not a good QB.
Well thats not true on either statement


As for teams that will be looking for a new QB next season (not all will necessarily be Drafted) there will be quite a few:
Raiders - 100%
Browns - 100%
Bucs - 100%
Jaguars - 90%
Vikings - 80%
Eagles - 75%
Cardinals - 40%
Titans - 30%
Jets - 25%

Wow, its almost a 1/4 of the league that will be getting a new starting QB in one way or another next season.




huh? No way they Jets will be considering a QB.


they are but only if the value is right

probably not until the 3rd or 4th round would we take one but developing 2 young QBs is ideal in the new CBA
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8413
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville, Minnesota, Arizona, Oakland and Cleveland.
_________________
That's Latin dad-- the language of Plutarche.
Mickey Mouse's dog?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
s3antana5757


Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 142
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another team I could see is the Rams. Bradford is not a good QB.
Well thats not true on either statement


As for teams that will be looking for a new QB next season (not all will necessarily be Drafted) there will be quite a few:
Raiders - 100%
Browns - 100%
Bucs - 100%
Jaguars - 90%
Vikings - 80%
Eagles - 75%
Cardinals - 40%
Titans - 30%
Jets - 25%

Wow, its almost a 1/4 of the league that will be getting a new starting QB in one way or another next season.


How are the Jaguars not 100%? They have 2 QBs how mine as well throw left handed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mtdowner


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 1027
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Cards taking a QB to be their starter next season. But I can see them taking a QB to develop. I don't think there's a QB in this draft outside of maybe Bridgewater (highly doubt he's available to Cards) who would outplay Carson Palmer their rookie year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 3565
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the Raider pass on a QB if Pryor continues to develop like he is and build around him. so at this time I would say there is a 50 percent chance Oakland goes QB.
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10895
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another team I could see is the Rams. Bradford is not a good QB.
Well thats not true on either statement


As for teams that will be looking for a new QB next season (not all will necessarily be Drafted) there will be quite a few:
Raiders - 100%
Browns - 100%
Bucs - 100%
Jaguars - 90%
Vikings - 80%
Eagles - 75%
Cardinals - 40%
Titans - 30%
Jets - 25%

Wow, its almost a 1/4 of the league that will be getting a new starting QB in one way or another next season.


Wait, so you think the Raiders, Browns and Buccaneers need a QB more than the Jaguars do? Laughing

Not all of those teams will definitely have a new starting QB come next season...

I could see Oakland giving Pryor another year. Especially since they have plenty of other needs. I think they would likely take Clowney if they are in position to take him.

I'm not a fan of Glennon, but if he plays well enough then the Bucs might not target a QB.

The Eagles might roll with Vick for another year. They could give Barkley a chance as well.

You think all of those teams need a new QB but the Rams definitely don't?
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7431
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs for sure could be looking for a QB. But I liked what Arizona did this offseason and draft. Don't just draft a QB because you need 1 because that is the toughest position to evaluate.

Why not build around the QB position, continue to strengthen the Oline, WR, and Defensive line.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nozizaki


Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Posts: 1120
Location: The State of Orlando
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The Bucs for sure could be looking for a QB. But I liked what Arizona did this offseason and draft. Don't just draft a QB because you need 1 because that is the toughest position to evaluate.

Why not build around the QB position, continue to strengthen the Oline, WR, and Defensive line.

Because then your team becomes too good to get the Number 1 overall pick. Not saying I disagree with you, I'd rather put a young QB in a great situation than put the best QB on the board behind a wet paperbag of an offensive line, but most teams will focus on taking the QB first, in hopes they won't be drafting that early again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32742
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Another team I could see is the Rams. Bradford is not a good QB.
Well thats not true on either statement


As for teams that will be looking for a new QB next season (not all will necessarily be Drafted) there will be quite a few:
Raiders - 100%
Browns - 100%
Bucs - 100%
Jaguars - 90%
Vikings - 80%
Eagles - 75%
Cardinals - 40%
Titans - 30%
Jets - 25%

Wow, its almost a 1/4 of the league that will be getting a new starting QB in one way or another next season.


Wait, so you think the Raiders, Browns and Buccaneers need a QB more than the Jaguars do? Laughing

Not all of those teams will definitely have a new starting QB come next season...

I could see Oakland giving Pryor another year. Especially since they have plenty of other needs. I think they would likely take Clowney if they are in position to take him.

I'm not a fan of Glennon, but if he plays well enough then the Bucs might not target a QB.

The Eagles might roll with Vick for another year. They could give Barkley a chance as well.

You think all of those teams need a new QB but the Rams definitely don't?


Why would we roll with vick for another year or give barkley a chance? Those are both horrible options.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12268
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nozizaki wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
The Bucs for sure could be looking for a QB. But I liked what Arizona did this offseason and draft. Don't just draft a QB because you need 1 because that is the toughest position to evaluate.

Why not build around the QB position, continue to strengthen the Oline, WR, and Defensive line.

Because then your team becomes too good to get the Number 1 overall pick. Not saying I disagree with you, I'd rather put a young QB in a great situation than put the best QB on the board behind a wet paperbag of an offensive line, but most teams will focus on taking the QB first, in hopes they won't be drafting that early again.


You don't need the number one pick to get a franchise quarterback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group