Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pryor Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:

His supporting cast was excellent compared to what we have.

Offensive line, no, WRs, yes. Still gotta have the QB put it on them though which he did well. Believe what you wish though.

PM sig requests.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor has been fully cleared.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Pryor is at pratice and has his helmet on good sign that he could start on Sunday.

PLEASE GOD!

I need him in the game (hopefully in a recovered state), because Flynn is straight azz.

To be fair, Flynn has accomplished more in one start than Pryor has in 4. I don't see how that is "straight azz". And this is not advocating one or the other. It's like the first statement says, being fair. If Flynn is "straight azz", I wonder what that makes Pryor or any other QB that has accomplished less. Hmmmm......

Flynn had an excellent supporting cast and system in place during his first start. Since he's been here, be it in a limited period of time, he hasn't done a damn thing. He was bad in pre-season, where as Pryor at least had a little bit more to him, hence why he is the starter now. Flynn would set us back 10 years in this offense. Pryor, at least, can do a lot on his own to hide the fact that we are bereft of talent on that side of the ball. Flynn would not have that affect.

Boy you're so certain of so many things hahaha. Excellent? Flynn's line that game was worse than ours now haha. There's really no point to debate this though. It's obvious where your loyalties are.

Tagg: Do you really believe that Flynn should be the starter over Pryor? Do you believe Flynn is a better QB?
We do have a unique set of circumstances to deal with this year that without a doubt thrust Pryor into the starting position.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:

Tagg: Do you really believe that Flynn should be the starter over Pryor? Do you believe Flynn is a better QB?
We do have a unique set of circumstances to deal with this year that without a doubt thrust Pryor into the starting position.

Nope and possibly. My statement is what it is. No hidden agenda.

PM sig requests.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I changed my mind maybe Tagg is a troll.

So Bias...Flynn supporting cast including the O Line was way better. Better team, better coach, better WR's, better all around.

Please go away. Really, please would you?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cotto ‏@cottovic 14m
Outlook: looks like Hunter could be out. Watson definitely out, may practice next wk. Pryor cleared to practice; officially "questionable"

Looks like it's going to be pretty much game time decision. I hope they don't announce it tomorrow regardless.

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, Flynn played a great game there for his 1 special start in GB. He did, he found and made the right throws. But alot of that - ALOT - was heavy lifting done by the receivers in the open field against a horrendous secondary that for some reason was playing off every play, over and over. So yeah, that ain't gonna happen here with our WR group.

I guess the only way this forum won't be absolutely stained with this Palmer Pryor Flynn talk for the rest of our natural born lives is if one of them wins multiple Super Bowls while all 3 play equal starts for Oakland for the next 6 seasons with the same exact supporting cast, with the same exact playcalls, with the same exact opponents calling the same exact defense in the same exact sequence every single week, in the same exact stadium with the same exact wind and weather conditions, same announcers every week.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:

So Bias...Flynn supporting cast including the O Line was way better. Better team, better coach, better WR's, better all around.

Man you are really annoying, as bad as JTagg.

All you did last season was whine about Palmer and now you are complaining about JTagg doing the same.

Why don't you go away?
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Listen, Flynn played a great game there for his 1 special start in GB. He did, he found and made the right throws. But alot of that - ALOT - was heavy lifting done by the receivers in the open field against a horrendous secondary that for some reason was playing off every play, over and over. So yeah, that ain't gonna happen here with our WR group.

He also had a good game against and in NE in his first ever start. You can also assume the accomplishments elsewhere if you'd like.

PM sig requests.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

All you did last season was whine about Palmer and now you are complaining about JTagg doing the same.

Why don't you go away?

we should have a SURVIVOR like forum..where we vote people out every week... Laughing Shocked
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
holyghost wrote:

He also had a good game against and in NE in his first ever start. You can also assume the accomplishments elsewhere if you'd like.

That's fine, I'm not disagreeing. But I do think that even referring to what, the 3 games he played in the NFL?, as "accomplishments" is a stretch of it's meaning. And as in the game I was referring to, in the other games he played he was still playing with a group of players much better than the skill position players we have. Is there really any arguing that Driver, Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Finley, and whoever else they had catching passes is an infinitely better group than ours is right now? And that he practiced with and amongst the same group and watched them for years? It's called stable.. And good execution due to it..

So I'm not really understanding why you even replied. I'm not discounting what he did. I am framing it however as a horribly limited sample of his play in a very stable and skilled offensive system and group. Basically, he did great in 3 games with as easy a ride as a QB gets in football. And like I said, in that situation he did great. That situation is nothing like our current situation so I can definitely understand why he is met with some skepticism.
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Pryor is at pratice and has his helmet on good sign that he could start on Sunday.

PLEASE GOD!

I need him in the game (hopefully in a recovered state), because Flynn is straight azz.

To be fair, Flynn has accomplished more in one start than Pryor has in 4. I don't see how that is "straight azz". And this is not advocating one or the other. It's like the first statement says, being fair. If Flynn is "straight azz", I wonder what that makes Pryor or any other QB that has accomplished less. Hmmmm......

Flynn had an excellent supporting cast and system in place during his first start. Since he's been here, be it in a limited period of time, he hasn't done a damn thing. He was bad in pre-season, where as Pryor at least had a little bit more to him, hence why he is the starter now. Flynn would set us back 10 years in this offense. Pryor, at least, can do a lot on his own to hide the fact that we are bereft of talent on that side of the ball. Flynn would not have that affect.

Boy you're so certain of so many things hahaha. Excellent? Flynn's line that game was worse than ours now haha. There's really no point to debate this though. It's obvious where your loyalties are.

I'm loyal to this team, not an individual. Matt Flynn is not a starting QB. That is about as clear as it can get.

His supporting cast was excellent compared to what we have.

Matt Flynn is a decent QB went healthy. But he hasn't been healthy for two years. Whenever he takes the starter role and has to throw a lot of passes, tendinitis in his elbow flares up.
Until he gets that fixed he can't be a starting QB.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Why don't you go away?

Who are you? His brother?

Not even the same comparison. When Palmer did something positive, I recognized it and didn't follow up with a negative...I didn't troll around taking shots at Palmer in every thread possible. I wasn't the only one who wanted to go in a different position. I didn't dislike Palmer as our QB, I disliked the fact we paid him so much for subpar results and forced turnovers. I didn't want Palmer here as part of the rebuilding process.

All I heard from Tagg was how Pryor looked decent against San Diego, but it was the last game of the year and they had nothing to play for. When was Flynn's magical game? I can't recall which week or if there were playoff indications, but it was late in the season.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you go away?

Who are you? His brother?

Not even the same comparison. When Palmer did something positive, I recognized it and didn't follow up with a negative...I didn't troll around taking shots at Palmer in every thread possible. I wasn't the only one who wanted to go in a different position. I didn't dislike Palmer as our QB, I disliked the fact we paid him so much for subpar results and forced turnovers. I didn't want Palmer here as part of the rebuilding process.

All I heard from Tagg was how Pryor looked decent against San Diego, but it was the last game of the year and they had nothing to play for. When was Flynn's magical game? I can't recall which week or if there were playoff indications, but it was late in the season.

I am saying it is the same, you didn't say anything positive about Palmer, you always took shots at him whenever possible and now you are whining on about JTagg, which is all you seem to post about.

Why don't you just ignore him, if you think he is so wrong it shouldn't be that difficult.
#clueless
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am saying it is the same, you didn't say anything positive about Palmer, you always took shots at him whenever possible and now you are whining on about JTagg, which is all you seem to post about.

Really? What are you doing right now? Whining about me whining about him? Why don't you just ignore me?

You should go back and check on things I said about Palmer. If you saying he turns the ball over too much is saying negative things, you're right then. Or that I don't think he should be part of the rebuild process, then yes, count that as a negative. The team must have felt that way too, so did he...that's why he wanted out. I never took "shots at Palmer". I was happy when we traded for him, then reality set in and it was easy to see we lacked talent and it will take a little while before we get back to the playoffs. He wants to win now and this team with or without him is not in a good postition to win a lot of games.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 32 of 100

Jump to: