Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs? Reply with quote

What do you think our upcoming needs are?

IMO they are:

DE
MLB
CB
FS
C
LT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.DE-Assuming Michael Johnson is gone. If he stays, cross this off the list. I don't trust Hunt as a fulltime DE and I only see Geathers and Gilberry as Role players.

2.C-Cook could stick around another year, but I think its time to start developing a new young guy here. Robinson looks like a future backup

3.CB-Make it 2 CB's IMO. The future is suppose to be Hall and Kirkpatrick but Kirkpatrick is giving people doubts. Newman and Jones wont be around much longer. Ghee and Marsh are free agents.

4.QB-I know Dalton has been great, but all I hear is negative feedback on him. I want him to stay, but who knows what mike brown wants.

5.OLB-Harrison wont last forever, Burfict should move to ILB eventually which can get Maualuga moved back to OLB. Who knows how healthy Lamur and Porter will be, Dimanche is still unproven, and Rey is a free agent

6.WR-Sanu hasn't established himself enough as the #2 yet. Jones could, but the depth behind him is in question. Tate is a free agent, while Sanzenbacher and Whalem haven't made much noise this year

---------------

I think everything else is fine at the moment. Some depth players that are free agents like OT, OG, and S will be considered as well.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rank because it will just disappoint me when we draft our number five need in the first.

DE, LB(any position, I think Taze can do all 3), CB (every year, draft a CB pretty early), S (maybe not, still not ready to give up on the 2 young guys we have), OL, QB, WR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have MLB,S, LT, in that order, with DE in the next spot. Still a little early but that's were I'm at now. I may move the LT spot up, I rather draft that spot too early then too late!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
No rank because it will just disappoint me when we draft our number five need in the first.

DE, LB(any position, I think Taze can do all 3), CB (every year, draft a CB pretty early), S (maybe not, still not ready to give up on the 2 young guys we have), OL, QB, WR

One observation.

Last year, most of our mocks were leaning towards defence, but our top 2 picks were offence.

Looking at needs listed above, again most of them are defensive, but so far this season offence is still probably our weakness.

Are we getting it wrong again ?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO we've provided Dalton everything he needs to be successful. It's up to him now. If he can't show something this year it's time to move on

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
IMO we've provided Dalton everything he needs to be successful. It's up to him now. If he can't show something this year it's time to move on

Provided he doesn't flame out (which seems really unlikely), the team is not moving on from Dalton. You guys are dreaming, just like every year everyone says Marvin should be fired and replaced with zim. Not going to happen. Not. Going. To. Happen.

The needs are probably S (unless someone steps up opposite of Nelson), DE, C, LB, CB. Pretty much every position on defense because it's all bootstrapped together. Especially if zim leaves this d will be in a hard spot without a central leader. Maybe burfict can take that role.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Agree with 'J' here.

Daltons opening 30 odd starts have been better than Rogers, Brees and a few others I could list. The Bengals will stay with Dalton whether we like it or not, and I bet he will get the big contract extension at the end of the season. Its just the way they see it.

Remember the coaches wanted Dalton over Kaepernick or Mallett against Mike Browns wishes, so they will all be batting for him.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he is our QB for awhile, and that's fine, whatever. I just don't see a whole lot more you can add to the offense to help him. Unless you are talking about drafting for the future at LT, C, and possibly TE again. Defense has to be our priority. CB, S, MLB, and DE are all needs still

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I know he is our QB for awhile, and that's fine, whatever. I just don't see a whole lot more you can add to the offense to help him. Unless you are talking about drafting for the future at LT, C, and possibly TE again. Defense has to be our priority. CB, S, MLB, and DE are all needs still

That said, QB is a need'; (maybe a 3rd rounder if there is a good one)' to replace Josh Johnson. He was wildly inaccurate during camp/ pre-season. Good runner lousy thrower.
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

I do agree with this. Anything else added on offense is just incremental improvement. Maybe a lineman or two, but really no one player at the skill position level is going to make a huge difference. Dalton has to step up.

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

One observation.

Last year, most of our mocks were leaning towards defence, but our top 2 picks were offence.

Looking at needs listed above, again most of them are defensive, but so far this season offence is still probably our weakness.

Are we getting it wrong again ?

Eh, I didn't list all three OL spots but I think they are all needs. I could ignore safety potentially and DE is assuming MJ is neither franchised or resigned and they don't like the progress of Hunt. A QB is something they need to look at early and often. I don't want to give up on Dalton, but we need to give ourselves a real alternative.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBs who can stay healthy, a LB, o-linemen who can block and a backup qb to have in place just in case.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, the way Rey M has played this year MLB is not a need.

With the age and health issues of our CBs, I'd put that as a top need.

I am really starting to think we need another WR across from AJ. So far, Mo and Jones have not showed me enough.

I want to see Hunt play before I declare DE a need or not.

I think we need a SLB, but as much as they play (or, more to the point, don't) I don't see spending a high pick there.

I also want an upgrade over BJGE.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I am really starting to think we need another WR across from AJ. So far, Mo and Jones have not showed me enough.

Jones has been disappointing. But i've been impressed with Sanu. They're just not making him a priority in the offense.

Honestly, when Dalton throws 30 times and 18 of them are first reads to AJ (made those numbers up), no one else will look successful. I think the secret to success with this offense is going to be looking AJ's way less, as silly as that sounds. Because that will allow them to establish other players (Gresham, Bernard, Sanu, Eifert) as threats and take some pressure off AJ.

I know many will blame Dalton for the way too many targets in AJ's direction, and there's certainly some blame to associate there. But the offense revolves around him, and too many plays are called for him IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: