Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players worth stashing on the roster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Players worth stashing on the roster? Reply with quote

I'm looking for players worth stashing on the roster before they become hot waiver wire adds. Note: This is a 12-team non-PPR league.

• RB Andre Ellington - He could see more playing time based on performance and/or if Mendenhall (3.9 yards per carry) gets injured.
  • RB Isaiah Pead - I currently own Daryl Richardson and I'd like to make sure I end up with whomever the "starter" will be. Richardson is currently averaging 3.3 yards per carry and has no touchdowns. Update: Pead is a healthy scratch tonight against the 49ers.
  • RB Marcel Reece - In case McFadden gets injured.
  • RB Christine Michael - In case Lynch gets injured.
  • RB Brandon Bolden - Now part of the RBBC in New England, it seems he would have more value in a PPR league.
  • RB Johnathan Franklin - The third RB on Green Bay's roster, but who knows.

• WR Ryan Broyles - He had a slow start due to injury and now Burleson is injured.
  • WR Alshon Jeffery - Does Chicago's #2 wide receiver have any shot at breaking out?
  • WR Donnie Avery - Was he a one-week wonder or will there be more to come?
  • WR Austin Pettis - He's not catching a ton of balls, but he does have a touchdown in each of the last two weeks.
  • WR Cordarrelle Patterson - Might be worth a stash if Cassel ends up playing and does well?
  • WR Nate Washington - He's a starter, but probably won't find any consistency this season.
  • WR Santonio Holmes - He won't get to play against fourth and fifth string corners every week, but his big game is still something to think about.

Would you add any of these players (and who would you drop for that player)? Did I leave another option out?

Current roster:
QB Tony Romo
RB Alfred Morris
RB Matt Forte
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Pierre Garcon
TE Julius Thomas
FX Reggie Bush
PK Dan Bailey
DF Kansas City

BN Bernard Pierce
BN Daryl Richardson - Currently the starter
BN Golden Tate - Seattle's #1 receiver, but not doing much
BN Michael Floyd - Been waiting for him to breakout, patience wearing thin
BN Marlon Brown - Picked him up last week for his potential, though he is an undrafted rookie receiver
BN Coby Fleener - Picked him up last week when Dwayne Allen went down for the year

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnathan Franklin

He's not the 3rd RB for long ... or maybe he is.
But, if you're looking for potential, that's him.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards Franklin or Ellington... or Jeffery or Broyles.

^Jamison.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this were PPR, Broyles would be automatic for me. But without it, I worry he'd be too hit and miss, and is likely 3rd at best for red zone targets. Still though, he put up 3/34 on just 17 snaps, and his snap count has been removed.

Ellington is another guy that would've been good choice in PPR, but probably not worth it for you, unless he gets the job over Mendenhall.

A big part of this discussion also comes down to: are you looking purely at potential, or do you want contributions now too?
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
A big part of this discussion also comes down to: are you looking purely at potential, or do you want contributions now too?

Mostly potential. Looking for a guy who has the potential to payoff big later as opposed to making average contributions from now through the remainder of the season.

^Jamison.
Silver Bullet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been holding Patterson since Week 2 because I had a feeling Ponder would be benched, which came sooner than I thought. Cassel developed some good chemistry with Patterson throughout the pre-season and with the 2nd team offense. He's Cassel's favorite target. I'm actually starting Patterson at FLEX this week. I see good things happening.

I also own Eddie Lacy and I recently picked up Franklin due to the RB situation in GB. I feel like they will end up using Franklin more now, after his performance last week. He brought things that Lacy and Starks couldn't bring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: