Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which WR would help Geno the most?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the best WR for Geno?
Sammy Watkins
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Marquise Lee
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Mike Evans
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author Message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32814
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Which WR would help Geno the most? Reply with quote

I wish I could add a poll to the prospects thread, but this is going to be the hot topic all year round.

I know this answer will change weekly and we won't have a real answer until we find out...
1) Holmes' future with the team
2) Hill's progression as a WR
3) vet WR brought in

Right now the top 3 guys to my knowledge are Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee and Mike Evans. Watkins is the explosive playmaker (Geno had great success with the similar Tavon Austin). Lee has great speed as well, but couples it with good route running (Victor Cruz?). Evans is just a monster of a man and a great target to have. I am not sure on how hands are with these 3, those who watch closely will have to educate me.

Kerley and Hill will be on the team unless Hill doesn't catch a single pass the rest of the season. Kerley is great in the slot and with running routes, knows how to get open. Not sure if he is 100% reliable with hands but he's definitely the best. Hill is a mix of possession and deep threat, but I don't think he's one of those guys you ask to go short and get YAC. Tone is a better and faster version of Kerley, but he may be out of the picture.

For the offense I think we need either A) a reliable guy who will always move the chains/make the catch or B) a speedy guy who can break a screen/short patterns into a big gain. With Kerley being pretty reliable and Hill as both a big target and someone who can go deep, the speedster might win in my eyes. Evans being a huge target imagine trying to cover him and Hill could be scary, but I prefer speed. With Lee I think he would be money with Geno but he's like Tone and Kerley from what I know. Plus Maclin could be a hot commodity for us this offseason. However, if he puts up Watkins speed I might take him. That leaves us with Watkins and I think he will help Geno the most. Plus he's bigger than Lee and Austin. Also returns punts too.

What do you guys think? No answer is wrong, I'd like to get a nice discussion going and continue after each game when the WRs mess up or look great lol.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1257
Location: 914
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Matthews is the best weapon for Geno, he an excellent route runner, has great hands, good size, solid speed, he's smart and knows how to get open consistently.
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32814
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
Jordan Matthews is the best weapon for Geno, he an excellent route runner, has great hands, good size, solid speed, he's smart and knows how to get open consistently.


Is he first round material? It seems the consensus is Lee, Evans, Watkins and Coleman are top 4.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8843
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally like the bigger physical receiver, but I think this offense could really benefit from draft Marquise Lee who is extremely fast and runs excellent routes, and we can hopefully sign a bigger guy for cheap.

Although on second though, Mike Evans and Jermey Maclin on a prove you can stay healthy deal would be real nice to go along with Kerely and Hill. Thats a hell of an offense. This is all assuming we cut Holmes considering he makes too much money as is too inconsistant. Either way we HAVE to build a talented offense around Geno to give him a real chance to be good. Couple with a young Rex Ryan defense on the rise and we might just be on the right path, and doing it the right way. The future seems bright and exciting.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1257
Location: 914
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
Jordan Matthews is the best weapon for Geno, he an excellent route runner, has great hands, good size, solid speed, he's smart and knows how to get open consistently.


Is he first round material? It seems the consensus is Lee, Evans, Watkins and Coleman are top 4.


IMO he's currently a late round prospect but I think he could rise up and be a dark horse in the first round come April
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
Jordan Matthews is the best weapon for Geno, he an excellent route runner, has great hands, good size, solid speed, he's smart and knows how to get open consistently.


Is he first round material? It seems the consensus is Lee, Evans, Watkins and Coleman are top 4.


IMO he's currently a late round prospect but I think he could rise up and be a dark horse in the first round come April

I think he is generally seen as a 1st-2nd round guy. Definitely not as a late round guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanTuff


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Posts: 954
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go get Kenny Britt.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Titan 10 Jake Locker COLOSSAL DISSAPOINTMENT

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Abe56


Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 7783
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Go get Kenny Britt.


no thanks
_________________
Adopt a Jet - Muhammad Wilkerson

34 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 12 QB Hits, 6 Stuffs, 3 PD



Jets, Knicks, Athletics, Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ganggreen1102


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1257
Location: 914
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
Jordan Matthews is the best weapon for Geno, he an excellent route runner, has great hands, good size, solid speed, he's smart and knows how to get open consistently.


Is he first round material? It seems the consensus is Lee, Evans, Watkins and Coleman are top 4.


IMO he's currently a late round prospect but I think he could rise up and be a dark horse in the first round come April

I think he is generally seen as a 1st-2nd round guy. Definitely not as a late round guy.


I meant late first round haha
_________________
rampantjet wrote:
You lost me at "falling Sammy Watkins" there is no way he falls, unless a sniper kneecaps him during his 40, and Watkins momentum might get him a 4.4 40 anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jg6041


Joined: 24 Mar 2006
Posts: 3965
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
I normally like the bigger physical receiver, but I think this offense could really benefit from draft Marquise Lee who is extremely fast and runs excellent routes, and we can hopefully sign a bigger guy for cheap.

Although on second though, Mike Evans and Jermey Maclin on a prove you can stay healthy deal would be real nice to go along with Kerely and Hill. Thats a hell of an offense. This is all assuming we cut Holmes considering he makes too much money as is too inconsistant. Either way we HAVE to build a talented offense around Geno to give him a real chance to be good. Couple with a young Rex Ryan defense on the rise and we might just be on the right path, and doing it the right way. The future seems bright and exciting.


Me too and I am not changing!! I watched the Thurs. night game and while Austin may be fast it is difficult to get him the ball.
Give me a big target for my young QB and I can game plan success. Wink
_________________
green24 wrote:
mikemart wrote:
I saw someone in an Urlacher jersey and a Dolphins hat today.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richie jets


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 839
Location: yonkers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Alabama vs Texas a&m it's hard not to want mike Evans . but isn't he just a sophomore . I'd take him if he can declare
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
After watching Alabama vs Texas a&m it's hard not to want mike Evans . but isn't he just a sophomore . I'd take him if he can declare

Redshirt sophomore. He's eligible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Evans intrigues me and scares me. I fear his ability to get separation in the NFL, its a whole different beast. But at the same time its hard not to be excited about his size. And he snags the ball out of the air with his hands, when was the last time we had a guy who could extend his arms and make the catch with his hands. But is he that explosive piece we're missing? Be a hell of a RZ target that's for sure.

I also love Watkins. Depending where we fall in the draft, I have a hard time imagining we don't take one of the top WR in the 1st. Unless we just troll the league and pick another DL or CB. -__-
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00EWkjb25K8

I know it's just a youtube of his highlights, but the way his coaches talk about him, how is that not a dude you want to have on your team. Humble, dedicated, hard working and talented - that's a tremendous combo.

The highlights and all are great, but from 3:10 on is the best part.

"He's the most low-maintenance great player I've ever been around"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7669
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now, I'm stuck between ASJ & Watkins. ASJ can help move the chains as well be a redzone threat. He can also pair up with K2 and make a great 2 TE set.

Watkins is probably the best route runner I've seen the last four drafts. Has great hands and can make a big play from any where on the field.

I also like Evans, Coleman, Matthews, and Lee. I have to watch more Evans to see how good he is at separating. Coleman is not having a good start. I haven't seen any of the games yet so I'm not sure if it's do to QB issues or him. Matthews will be a great WR in the right system. Lee, he reminds me a lot of Maclin. I have a hard time seeing him being better than that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group