Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bucs bench Josh Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Other than his contract, I can't think of a single reason that we should be keeping Schiano. He doesn't seem to have the players on his side, he's not winning games, his coordinators are questionable, the team commits crazy penalties. I mean I don't dislike him but I see no reason why we should give him a chance, either.

Because one season and three games is not enought. Glazers even gave Raheem Morris three years. Guy who is currently a DB coach. Changing coaches too often is best way to ruin any team.

When Schiano took over, Bucs were a joke. He has been slowly, but surely fixing parts of this team. People don't wan't to admit it, but it takes time.

From everything i have seen, players are on his side(or at least not given up on him). He has not won games so far, true. Penalties were not big problem in last game.
I agree with you on the coordinators. Sullivan has been less creative version of Greg Olsen. Defense has been good this season so i am not going to say anything bad about Sheridan.

While I agree that changing coaches every two years is not good for the franchise, sometimes you have to change coaches a few times til you find a good one. If the Glazers do indeed have a potential HC on their radar I think the definitely make the move. If they don't but we have a top 5 pick a s a horrible season it will make the decision harder for them.

One thing I would like to point out. Schiano did not assemble this team, Dom did a lot of it. Even with poor coaching from Sheridan and Schiano, our defense is nasty from player talent alone. I'd credit players and Dom more than Schiano here.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty torn. I hate Schiano and feel he is an awful coach who prefers to force his players to conform to his schemes rather than molding his schemes around his players, yet I hate lots of coaching changes. Hmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Other than his contract, I can't think of a single reason that we should be keeping Schiano. He doesn't seem to have the players on his side, he's not winning games, his coordinators are questionable, the team commits crazy penalties. I mean I don't dislike him but I see no reason why we should give him a chance, either.

Because one season and three games is not enought. Glazers even gave Raheem Morris three years. Guy who is currently a DB coach. Changing coaches too often is best way to ruin any team.

When Schiano took over, Bucs were a joke. He has been slowly, but surely fixing parts of this team. People don't wan't to admit it, but it takes time.

From everything i have seen, players are on his side(or at least not given up on him). He has not won games so far, true. Penalties were not big problem in last game.
I agree with you on the coordinators. Sullivan has been less creative version of Greg Olsen. Defense has been good this season so i am not going to say anything bad about Sheridan.

And now we are....???
He Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

And now we are....???

A funnier joke?

Props to Eggy
Bucs00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

And now we are....???

Below average QB away from being really good team.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really not sure how much of the mutiny aspect is correct regarding the entire team against Schiano. Certainly, the former starting QB is no fan of the head coach. However, the team certainly made a strong statement before the beginning of the regular season by not voting Freeman a captain.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my post from the new thread.

Not sure why everyone jumped on the "Schiano" is losing the locker room boat. To me, Freeman was never a leader to anyone. I think Ronde leaving hurt us as he was one of the true leaders and vets of this team. VJ, Revis and McCoy are all great leaders but Ronde was the true Buc's leader. That voice is gone from the locker room. Back to the locker room situation. Here's a good read on some more insight into the locker room.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/09/27/josh-freeman-lost-the-locker-room-players-will-not-revolt-against-schiano/

Quote:
“The reason they [the Buccaneers] made this move, and when you talk to people in the Bucs locker room, they’re pretty happy with it,” NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport said Thursday night. “It’s not the kind of thing where the players would revolt against Greg Schiano.”

Whether it was Freeman’s lack of play, lack of leadership, lack of drive, or whatever, a move was destined to take place for a team struggling as much as the Buccaneers were.

“There’s not going to be a revolt in the locker room for a guy performing at this level being benched,” NFL Network’s Mike Silver said.

Quote:
Rewind back to the Bucs first game of this season against the Jets. As the Buccaneers line up for the go-ahead field goal, the camera pans to Josh Freeman on the bench by himself as the ball goes through the uprights. The only person Freeman is shown giving a “high-five” to was a waterboy near by.

Quote:
During the offense’s struggles to the New Orleans Saints in week 2, I made it a point to watch Freeman while he was on the sideline as much as I could, to see what type of interaction he had with his teammates during a game. Unfortunately, he had no interaction with anyone except Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan when he was on the sideline. Greg Schiano even called a offensive huddle during the game on the sideline, and had to yell to Freeman three times to join them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:

Not sure why everyone jumped on the "Schiano" is losing the locker room boat. To me, Freeman was never a leader to anyone. I think Ronde leaving hurt us as he was one of the true leaders and vets of this team. VJ, Revis and McCoy are all great leaders but Ronde was the true Buc's leader. That voice is gone from the locker room. Back to the locker room situation. Here's a good read on some more insight into the locker room.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/09/27/josh-freeman-lost-the-locker-room-players-will-not-revolt-against-schiano/

Quote:
“The reason they [the Buccaneers] made this move, and when you talk to people in the Bucs locker room, they’re pretty happy with it,” NFL Network’s Ian Rapaport said Thursday night. “It’s not the kind of thing where the players would revolt against Greg Schiano.”

Whether it was Freeman’s lack of play, lack of leadership, lack of drive, or whatever, a move was destined to take place for a team struggling as much as the Buccaneers were.

“There’s not going to be a revolt in the locker room for a guy performing at this level being benched,” NFL Network’s Mike Silver said.

Quote:
Rewind back to the Bucs first game of this season against the Jets. As the Buccaneers line up for the go-ahead field goal, the camera pans to Josh Freeman on the bench by himself as the ball goes through the uprights. The only person Freeman is shown giving a “high-five” to was a waterboy near by.

Quote:
During the offense’s struggles to the New Orleans Saints in week 2, I made it a point to watch Freeman while he was on the sideline as much as I could, to see what type of interaction he had with his teammates during a game. Unfortunately, he had no interaction with anyone except Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan when he was on the sideline. Greg Schiano even called a offensive huddle during the game on the sideline, and had to yell to Freeman three times to join them.

That is some wierd stuff. Surprised

How long has this been going on? Now we know why he wasn't selected as a captain. He seems to be totally different person in real life than what he shows to media.

Could rumors of drug problems be true?
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is some wierd stuff. Surprised

How long has this been going on? Now we know why he wasn't selected as a captain. He seems to be totally different person in real life than what he shows to media.

Could rumors of drug problems be true?

I don't know but I think some of it could be attributed to his new agents and after he wasn't gives an extension in the offseason I think he packed it in...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to defend Freeman here, because he did deserve benching. But I listened to something very interesting on WDAE yesterday. Sullivan's offensive Scheme may set up any QB to fail because a lot fo the throws are very difficult to make. It focuses on the WR and there are plays where there is NO Safety valve option in the middlle of the field to check down.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/26/tampa-bay-buccaneers-josh-freeman-mike-glennon/

This is a good read. I think this scheme and Sullivan need to be the next outta town. You can't bank on WRs winning 50/50 balls most of the time. And again, I'm not defending Josh because I don't think he succeeds in any scheme because of his inabilities to read defenses/go through progressions and his decision making has always been in question.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^
yeah I heard all about that from another forum. They said Sullivain's scheme is very difficult and set up only for elite QB's(the Manning's, Brady's,Rodger's and Brees type QB's)

They said almost all the plays involve going deep for at least 20+yards

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
^^^^
yeah I heard all about that from another forum. They said Sullivain's scheme is very difficult and set up only for elite QB's(the Manning's, Brady's,Rodger's and Brees type QB's)

ANd of all those QBs listed, only Eli Manning runs that offense and look at how poorly hes doing right now?
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
^^^^

ANd of all those QBs listed, only Eli Manning runs that offense and look at how poorly hes doing right now?

Fortunately, I think Giants fan can live with Eli delivering them 2 Super Bowl Rings (2 time Super Bowl MVP) with this style of offense. I was probably one of the last Freeman guys around, but if accuracy and ball placement on the short and intermediate routes was a problem for Freeman, why would the OC call for for those plays?
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9733693/nfl-josh-freeman-needs-rehab-image-benching

This guy is so aloof its mind boggling.

"There's something to be said for guys that want to be Miami Hurricanes."- Al Golden - TBA Trust, Belief, Accountability
epicMustache

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9733693/nfl-josh-freeman-needs-rehab-image-benching

This guy is so aloof its mind boggling.

It's really uncomfortable how he's so reluctant to make proper eye contact. I think that tells a lot about a person.

I know that I'm probably known as somewhat of a Freeman homer/apologist, and I'll admit that I was probably willing to give him a couple too many chances - his potential was unreal, and even though his 2010 season wasn't as good as it seemed, it still provided a lot of hope for the player he could become.

But he didn't - he regressed, and did so in such a dramatic fashion that it was almost unbelievable. Even if none of the crazy rumors that we're hearing are true (though it's pretty obvious that he had lost the locker room entirely,) we still needed to look elsewhere for our QB. I don't think it's Glennon, but overall I'm very happy this move was made. Which sucks, as he was one of my favorite players in the league, but he was probably the worst QB in the league this year, and besides his 4 game incredible stretch last year, has been really bad the last couple of years. I was really tired of having to put up with the roller-coaster career of F5, and like I said, really glad it's over.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: