Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Quarter Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.

Vick's a free agent at the end of the year and I really doubt we re-sign him given the need to get that franchise QB

I thought there was no doubt they would resign…averaging 9.2 YPA & 8.8 YPC is outstanding…I just figured the fit he is for this scheme would get him another year or two.

He is worthless to the franchise why bring him back? Old qb on a rebuilding team?

He doesn’t look particularly old out there when he is gashing defences lol…I get why you guys would want to draft a QB but I think it’s going to take a QB with a special skill set to be a true fit for that offence…if I thought that Marcus Mariota was going to declare he would be the ideal fit of course but I think as much as Hundley is athletic he isn’t athletic enough to run the scheme the well Kelly wants it to be ran or the way Vicki is currently running it.

Hundley is plenty athletic enough to do it. Chip kelly would rather his qb not run.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Nice pick for the Eagles, but I'm sure we'd seriously consider Hundley if he was available.

Hundley was a real consideration but right now Vick is playing so well I just saw them going after some defensive help.

Vick's a free agent at the end of the year and I really doubt we re-sign him given the need to get that franchise QB

I thought there was no doubt they would resign…averaging 9.2 YPA & 8.8 YPC is outstanding…I just figured the fit he is for this scheme would get him another year or two.

He is worthless to the franchise why bring him back? Old qb on a rebuilding team?

He doesn’t look particularly old out there when he is gashing defences lol…I get why you guys would want to draft a QB but I think it’s going to take a QB with a special skill set to be a true fit for that offence…if I thought that Marcus Mariota was going to declare he would be the ideal fit of course but I think as much as Hundley is athletic he isn’t athletic enough to run the scheme the well Kelly wants it to be ran or the way Vicki is currently running it.

Hundley is plenty athletic enough to do it. Chip kelly would rather his qb not run.

I think that is a bit of an over simplification of the scheme…as much as Hundley does have the athletic ability to run the scheme effectively I don’t think he is the type of special athlete who will excel in the offence…it wouldn’t shock me if Kelly waited for his guy.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

I think that is a bit of an over simplification of the scheme…as much as Hundley does have the athletic ability to run the scheme effectively I don’t think he is the type of special athlete who will excel in the offence…it wouldn’t shock me if Kelly waited for his guy.

Well every time mike vick ran last week it was on passing plays where there was no one open. Not exactly in the game plan for the qb to be a runner.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the pick, but Dimitrioff would prob take a skill position, because you know its much more important than a pass rusher Rolling Eyes

#FreeToddGurley
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers draft looks great.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Well every time mike vick ran last week it was on passing plays where there was no one open. Not exactly in the game plan for the qb to be a runner.

Yes there may not be many designed QB runs but having a QB with the ability to run when his options are being closed off is extremely important in Kelly’s scheme…having an athlete like Vick is a massive plus and Hundley isn't that type of athlete.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
like the pick, but Dimitrioff would prob take a skill position, because you know its much more important than a pass rusher Rolling Eyes

Have to say its one thing I have never really gotten about Atlanta…Dimitrioff made a massive jump up to get Jones even when they had White but won’t make the same kind of bold move for an elite pass rusher who would change the D completely.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

Have to say its one thing I have never really gotten about Atlanta…Dimitrioff made a massive jump up to get Jones even when they had White but won’t make the same kind of bold move for an elite pass rusher who would change the D completely.

We need a Julio Jones-type play maker on Defense BAD. Van Noy has that potential IMO.

#FreeToddGurley
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
dsorc wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

23. Houston Texans…ILB… A.J. Johnson…Tennessee

The Texans have a quality D as it is but they could really us an upgrade next to Brian Cushing…Johnson is a great compliment to Cushing as a true downhill thumper inside.

While plausible, the explanation makes no sense. Why would Houston, who does fairly well against the run, grab a 2-down ILB in the first round? If we grab an ILB, he better be able to cover TEs allowing us to not be forced to go straight to dime in our sub-packages.

That for me that is what Cushing does best...allow him to cover TEs from the base formation and have Johnson playing closer to the LOS…I also think against the run if you have a LB like Johnson who is going to attack the LOS is going to allow Cushing to scrape over the top and run free much like Derrick Johnson does in KC with their 3-4.

Houston is doing fine against the run, it's against the pass where we struggle. Johnson by your analysis would be a 2-down ILB, which we can get in the middle rounds. Cushing is our best blitzer and is at his best playing downhill. He is not an east to west player which is why he was a 4-3 Sam and not 4-3 Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st Quarter Mock Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
dsorc wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

23. Houston Texans…ILB… A.J. Johnson…Tennessee

The Texans have a quality D as it is but they could really us an upgrade next to Brian Cushing…Johnson is a great compliment to Cushing as a true downhill thumper inside.

While plausible, the explanation makes no sense. Why would Houston, who does fairly well against the run, grab a 2-down ILB in the first round? If we grab an ILB, he better be able to cover TEs allowing us to not be forced to go straight to dime in our sub-packages.

That for me that is what Cushing does best...allow him to cover TEs from the base formation and have Johnson playing closer to the LOS…I also think against the run if you have a LB like Johnson who is going to attack the LOS is going to allow Cushing to scrape over the top and run free much like Derrick Johnson does in KC with their 3-4.

Houston is doing fine against the run, it's against the pass where we struggle. Johnson by your analysis would be a 2-down ILB, which we can get in the middle rounds. Cushing is our best blitzer and is at his best playing downhill. He is not an east to west player which is why he was a 4-3 Sam and not 4-3 Mike.

You guys came into this week #1 in the NFL is pass defence...#22 in run D.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: