Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5 POTW - Geno, CWood, Benjamin, DeSean, Brock, Crosby
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Never in my craziest of dreams would I have thought Crosby would ever see any kind of award again. He's perfect on the season and really hasn't come close to missing yet. I'll eat my crow on this one because I wanted him gone in the worst way. Crazy. Hopefully he keeps it up though.

You can tell it's a weird NFL season when Crosby and Nick Folk are both among the most reliable kickers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Never in my craziest of dreams would I have thought Crosby would ever see any kind of award again. He's perfect on the season and really hasn't come close to missing yet. I'll eat my crow on this one because I wanted him gone in the worst way. Crazy. Hopefully he keeps it up though.

You can tell it's a weird NFL season when Crosby and Nick Folk are both among the most reliable kickers.

Folk was reliable last year too. Started out the season on a stretch like he is on right now. He did miss six kicks last year, but half of those were blocked.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:

I mean, that's just kickers though, really. At one time, Janikowski was the league's least reliable big leg. Neil Rackers set records kicking 95% and making 40 field goals, then spent two years at 75% and 70%, and then spiked back up to 90%+. That's what kickers do. It is an inconsistent position year-to-year.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This award has lost all credibility. Geno has no business winning this

Why not? Should it just be handed to Peyton every week?

Geno had a 140+ rating and lead another final drive comeback to win the game. To say he has no business winning it is silly.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Geno had a 140+ rating and lead another final drive comeback to win the game. To say he has no business winning it is silly.

If he is the best player that week? Then yes absolutely. Peyton not winning over Geno is so dumb.

Nickname for Sio Moore and Khalil Mack.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

If he keeps playing like this then yea.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

If he is the best player that week? Then yes absolutely. Peyton not winning over Geno is so dumb.

Well he usually is. And he doesn't. It's far more interesting that way, and I can assure you Peyton doesn't give a care in the world about AFC player of the week.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton is pretty much a lock for MVP as Peterson isn't really having a spectacular season up to this point(by his standards anyway), so like said above he doesn't give a damn about AFC POTW.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

3 TDs with no turnovers, more efficient with a significantly higher passer rating. Did it with a receiving corps far worse than the Denver corps. Highest rating a rookie has had in a 20+ attempt game since Fran Tarkenton in 61. (Even dropping the required attempts to 10+, only RG3 and Big Ben have had more efficient games as rookies and didn't do it until later in the season.)

It's an impressive enough game to be worth not handing the award to the guy likely to win MVP anyway for a week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: