Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First crack at a Redskins offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right about Hawkins and Pouncey, Tyler - damn. Scrap that then.

Pouncey is a FA in 2015, Hawkins will be a unrestricted FA in 2015 also - he's restricted in 2014.

As for Angerer, I feel the same way I do with him as I do about Alex Mack and Jon Asomougha. I just don't see their front offices letting those players go.

As for Telvin Smith, I think he's a 4-3 WLB. If we switch schemes I'd draft him to play WLB and have Riley at SLB and Barnett or another FA at MLB, but I just question if some of the guys Johnson is targeting will come available when I'm almost 100% the guys I targeted will become available, buts it's hard to guess about that stuff I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Fsu fan and id say instead of jones get telvin smith. Also take browner off, We wouldnt be able to get all those guys and i'd rather have byrd.

Props to Mike23md
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather go after Emmanuel sanders, james jones or Jeremy Maclin who should all be cheaper than decker.

None are as good, or as reliable, as Decker, though.

Signing Decker would be funny in the sense that Decker and Garcon would both be players that once caught passes from Peyton Manning and Robert Griffin III.
DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I'd rather go after Emmanuel sanders, james jones or Jeremy Maclin who should all be cheaper than decker.

Signing Decker would be funny in the sense that Decker and Garcon would both be players that once caught passes from Peyton Manning and Robert Griffin III.

YesYESYEsYeS we need to get Decker! Are You Serious? If he's up he would be Perfect opposite Garcon! Those two would eat up Defenses with Reed and a good slot WR man we would be unstoppable!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

YesYESYEsYeS we need to get Decker! Are You Serious? If he's up he would be Perfect opposite Garcon! Those two would eat up Defenses with Reed and a good slot WR man we would be unstoppable!!
I'd love it also, I'm just not sure we can pry him away from Manning unless we overpay for him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say we don't want Decker. He is an over-rated receiver just ask any Denver fan if you don't believe me. He has the benefit of playing with a great supporting cast. The truth is we don't have a true number 1 receiver. Yes Garcon is solid but he is an average number 1 or a great number 2. When you have that you need another reciever just like that. Hakeem Nicks is the guy we should sign if we are going to throw money at a receiver.

Second we need to upgrade the o-line. Yes we are a zone team but if we have to be a regular team that is behind and need to throw at the pocket our line is complete garbage minus Williams. Also take into consideration that Kyle only likes to run the ball for a half.

As far as defense we need to upgrade the d line, our inside linebacker spots and could use some help in the secondary.

Last RG3 needs to get rid of his ego. He has regressed and he needs to realize that. Stop blaming everyone else for you sucking and step up your game. I have been saying it since last year. Our success was more because of Morris. If AP didn't have his crazy season he would have been the best back. When we were up on Seattle in the playoff game was because we gave him carries and then in the second q we stopped running the ball.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
I just want to say we don't want Decker. He is an over-rated receiver just ask any Denver fan if you don't believe me. He has the benefit of playing with a great supporting cast. The truth is we don't have a true number 1 receiver. Yes Garcon is solid but he is an average number 1 or a great number 2. When you have that you need another reciever just like that. Hakeem Nicks is the guy we should sign if we are going to throw money at a receiver.

Second we need to upgrade the o-line. Yes we are a zone team but if we have to be a regular team that is behind and need to throw at the pocket our line is complete garbage minus Williams. Also take into consideration that Kyle only likes to run the ball for a half.

As far as defense we need to upgrade the d line, our inside linebacker spots and could use some help in the secondary.

Last RG3 needs to get rid of his ego. He has regressed and he needs to realize that. Stop blaming everyone else for you sucking and step up your game. I have been saying it since last year. Our success was more because of Morris. If AP didn't have his crazy season he would have been the best back. When we were up on Seattle in the playoff game was because we gave him carries and then in the second q we stopped running the ball.
Nice! Cool I have to say I agree...

I still Wonder of the Shanhan's will upgrade the OL a lot if they're back. The guys they have now seem to be good for what they want to do, as long as the team is running the ball and in the game, and not playing from two scores down.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I'd love it also, I'm just not sure we can pry him away from Manning unless we overpay for him.

I think we have a shot at Decker. He isn't that valuable to the Broncos at the moment since they have D. Thomas, Welker, and J. Thomas as very good threats in the pass game. I doubt they would wanna spend much to keep Decker since he is their 4th option in the pass game. Since we most likely aren't going to have Moss/Morgan taking cap space next season, we should be able to sign Decker no problem.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I think we have a shot at Decker. He isn't that valuable to the Broncos at the moment since they have D. Thomas, Welker, and J. Thomas as very good threats in the pass game. I doubt they would wanna spend much to keep Decker since he is their 4th option in the pass game. Since we most likely aren't going to have Moss/Morgan taking cap space next season, we should be able to sign Decker no problem.
Well if that's the case, why wouldn't you want to sign the #1 type wr, like I suggested before and Sassan11 agreed with.

Garçon and Nicks together would be absolutely unstoppable! Shocked
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: First crack at a Redskins offseason Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Let's just say for easy sake that the Shanahan's are back, we hire a new defensive coordinator like Mike Singletary and he keeps the 3-4.

Offense:

1. Sign Hakeem Nicks, WR from the New York Giants to play opposite Garçon.

2. Sign Markice Pouncey, C from the Pittsburgh Steelers. This makes Monty our 1st reserve interior OL

3. Sign Eric Winston, RT from Arizona. I've wanted him for three offseasons now but because of the cap hit, we couldn't sign him.

Defense:

1. Re-sign Brian Orakpo, DeAngelo Hall, Perry Riley, Chris Baker, Nick Barnett, Reed Doughty and Rob Jackson

2. Sign Randy Starks, DE from the Miami Dolphins

3. Sign Brandon Browner, CB from the Seattle Seahawks. He's big a physical, just what we need at CB. This moves Amerson to the nickel CB and DHall plays the slot on third downs

4. Sign Jarius Byrd, FS from the buffalo bills. As long as he doesn't cost over 10 million, I'm for it!

We have a Trade! Dancing Applause

The washington redskins trade the rights of Kirk Cousins to the St Louis Rams for a second and 6th round pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

Gettin a few picks back from the Rams.

Draft:

Round 2: Christian Jones, OLB, Florida State
Round 2 (from Rams): Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Round 3: Taylor Hart, DE/DT, Oregon
Round 4: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Round 5: Keith Price, QB, Washington
Round 6: Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State
Round 6 (from Rams): Dri Archer, WR/RB/KR, Kent State
Round 7: Brandon Thomas, G, Clemson

I agree with everything except Cousins. Next year will be make it or break it for RGIII, he will need to prove to everyone he can throw from the pocket and his knee is 100%. If we see more of the same as this year (God I hope not) maybe it will be time to see what Cousins can do.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Well if that's the case, why wouldn't you want to sign the #1 type wr, like I suggested before and Sassan11 agreed with.

I dont like Nicks for a 2nd WR option.

He has not played a full season in the NFL except for 2011 and 2009 where he was not a starter in 2009.

And 2010 is where he put up his best stats.

Very inconsistent and I think we need to focus more on the defense with money to be spent on a big time WR.

I would rather have Jeremy Maclin. I think that he be cheaper and more productive in the long run.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

I dont like Nicks for a 2nd WR option.

He has not played a full season in the NFL except for 2011 and 2009 where he was not a starter in 2009.

And 2010 is where he put up his best stats.

Very inconsistent and I think we need to focus more on the defense with money to be spent on a big time WR.

I would rather have Jeremy Maclin. I think that he be cheaper and more productive in the long run.

I don't mind this, but I also don't mind if we sign Decker to an affordable deal while we build up the defense (as you suggest). I have Decker on my fantasy team this year and while he will at times have monster games, he disappears way too much to get #1 money.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seantaylorfan21 wrote:
I'm an Fsu fan and id say instead of jones get Telvin Smith. Also take browner off, We wouldnt be able to get all those guys and i'd rather have byrd.
I worry he can't hold up in the 3-4 as an ILB because he's about 15 to 30 LBs light.

I like his tenacity, athleticism, tackling and coverage ability but the size concerns me.

If we switch back to the 4-3, I'd take him to be the WLB in our scheme though.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike23. I can definitely live with Jeremy Maclin or even Miles Austin, but I'm concerned about Maclin coming off the torn ACL and it seems to me that Miles Austin has a chronic hamstring problem - they should be cheaper, but who knows what we're getting there.

When healthy, Nicks is a legitimate #1 and with Hank's knee injury, we really need to focus on getting a player as good as Garçon or in this case, one who's possibly better.

We also could sign James Jones. I've wanted him for a while. I wish we could have signed him a few years ago as I think he's very underrated.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these players are there we have to draft them
Rashede Hagerman DT Minnesota moved to DE for us- unfortunately may not be there. If he is there early in the second round, Id trade next year’s first round and if I have to a 5th to get him. It will take guts to do this since we have paid so much for RG3, but Bobby Bethard would have the guts to make this trade and so would I. Then add

Round Player Position School
2 Shane Skov ILB Stanford
3 Hroniss Grasu C Oregon
4 Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Nebraska
5 Jack Mewhort OT Ohio State
6 Zack Kerr DT Delaware
7 Andrew Jackson ILB Western Kentucky

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: