Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT Giants vs. Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
I can't stand this whole team. Screw Dallas there a joke. I don't like to blame refs but Dallas got every single call.

They're*

“Anytime I step out there I give everything I got, on every single play.” - Ray Lewis
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
I can't stand this whole team. Screw Dallas there a joke. I don't like to blame refs but Dallas got every single call.

Seeing that we had the same number of penalties as you (11) but with 4 more yards (85), we certainly didn't get "ever single call". Not even close. Both teams were sloppy and undisciplined tonight. We were simply less sloppy in the one drive which mattered most: the last one.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both teams are pretty terrible. I'm just glad we lost. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing our brilliant DC stick Rolle on Bryant in single coverage on the last drive. I wonder if Fewell even knows that Trel is a safety because he was a failed CB. Insane that Fewell has him in man coverage against one of the more physically imposing WRs in the league. What a moron. While it's nice we held them to 17 points, terrible job letting the only two Dallas decent pass catchers destroy the defense, and terrible job not getting a stop when it really mattered.

By the way, for everyone who wants Nicks gone, this is what the passing game is going to look like in the near future. Teams get can physical with Cruz, double team him and take him out of games. Randle has tons of promise but still has a lot to learn. Jernigan stinks, Murphy doesn't know the offense (he admitted this a few weeks ago), we have absolutely nothing at TE and still don't have a true pass-catching RB (or a screen game). Whatever draft pick we take won't understand our insane offense for at least two years.
ESKY008

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game showed that the offense is just too complicated. Manning throwing balls where no one was in 25 yards. Has to be simplified.

Defense ????? Yeah don't wanna be banned from here. Fudge fudge fudge

Need new co ordinaters. Period
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a night to sit and think about it, and I'm every bit as pissed off now as I was last night. And it's not so much at the outcome of the game, but what led to the outcome of the game. The NFL has changed so drastically over the last decade that it's nearly unrecognizable. If you so much as graze a quarterback, it's a penalty (unless that QB is Eli Manning who is pounded into the ground repeatedly). If you hit a player in bounds along the sideline, it's a penalty. If a return man muffs a kick/punt and you touch him, it's a penalty. If you so much as physically engage with another player, in some way, shape or form, it's a f'n penalty.

The officials now dictate every single game as they desire based on the rules as they are written (and repeatedly changed). We've seen it in every game this season and it has unjustly cost teams (Giants, Patriots, Packers, Chargers, etc.) victories.
It's slowly taking away from the fun of the game. After all, we tune in as football fans to see football being played -- men on the battlefield, fighting tooth and nail for victory. Not a storm of yellow flags that consistently alter the outcome.

^Joe_is_the_best
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing our brilliant DC stick Rolle on Bryant in single coverage on the last drive. I wonder if Fewell even knows that Trel is a safety because he was a failed CB. Insane that Fewell has him in man coverage against one of the more physically imposing WRs in the league. What a moron. While it's nice we held them to 17 points, terrible job letting the only two Dallas decent pass catchers destroy the defense, and terrible job not getting a stop when it really mattered.

By the way, for everyone who wants Nicks gone, this is what the passing game is going to look like in the near future. Teams get can physical with Cruz, double team him and take him out of games. Randle has tons of promise but still has a lot to learn. Jernigan stinks, Murphy doesn't know the offense (he admitted this a few weeks ago), we have absolutely nothing at TE and still don't have a true pass-catching RB (or a screen game). Whatever draft pick we take won't understand our insane offense for at least two years.

Playing devils advocate here, who would he stick on Bryant and why? Also, you dont see how putting our, at the time, 2nd best cover DB and also the most physical against one of the most physical Wrs in the league?

^Joe_is_the_best
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:

Playing devils advocate here, who would he stick on Bryant and why? Also, you dont see how putting our, at the time, 2nd best cover DB and also the most physical against one of the most physical Wrs in the league?

Prince is more physical than Antrel. Antrel had to play CB because we had nobody else. Dez vs Antrel is a mismatch all day. But that one play where Dez ran a wheel route, can't really be blamed on Antrel schematically as Dez was in the slot.

Our pass rush was lacklustre again. We sacked him a few times, no doubt. But it wasnt consistent. The 2nd Witten TD, Romo had all the time in the world. Ultimately we lost this game due to redzone inefficiency and untimely 3 and outs.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:

You're not serious are you?

There were crappy calls on both sides.

Yep.

He needs to face it good teams don't let the game come down to a few calls here and there..

We have almost no chance of winning the division.

There is no chance. I mean mathematically there might be a chance but this team is not good enough to make that happen. Everyone is playing like crap.

Realistically, we're looking at at least 2 more losses which would put us at 9 losses, giving us the first losing season we've had under Coughlin. Time to blow it up.

EDIT: my mistake, first losing season since 2004, Coughlin's first season here.

The only way we can make the playoffs is by winning the division and those chances are close to NIL.

Firstly we have to win out( not happening)

Then Philly and Dallas have to lose 3 out of their 5 games (I can see it, but its not happening). Also Dallas have to beat Philly because we dont have the benefit of a tie-breaker. Washington next game will be a struggle as well. The offense even against a depleted defense cannot score enough points.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap Counts from the game:
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/11/giants_vs_packers_snap_counts_jason_pierre-paul_gets_limited_work.html

Notables:

Offense:
Andre Brown 53 (79%)
Randle (99%), Cruz (66%), Jernigan (49%)
Myers (84%)

Prince, Will Hill, Rolle 65 (100%)
T2 (74%), McBride (69%), Mundy (26%)
Jacquian Williams and Beason (100%)

For some reason Kiwi played on (94%), Tuck (91%), JPP (42%), Cullen Jenkins (66%), Linval (65%)

FOR SOME REASON DAMONTRE MOORE PLAYED 0 DEFENSIVE SNAPS. ZERO!!! We have no pass rush. Moore has a great motor, we need to see if he can be a potential starter. Kiwi and Tuck are garbage, JPP is injured and who know if he ever go back to being great. Why didn't we let Moore get some snaps see if he can be the future or if we should draft a lot of people early
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Snap Counts from the game:
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/11/giants_vs_packers_snap_counts_jason_pierre-paul_gets_limited_work.html

Notables:

Offense:
Andre Brown 53 (79%)
Randle (99%), Cruz (66%), Jernigan (49%)
Myers (84%)

Prince, Will Hill, Rolle 65 (100%)
T2 (74%), McBride (69%), Mundy (26%)
Jacquian Williams and Beason (100%)

For some reason Kiwi played on (94%), Tuck (91%), JPP (42%), Cullen Jenkins (66%), Linval (65%)

FOR SOME REASON DAMONTRE MOORE PLAYED 0 DEFENSIVE SNAPS. ZERO!!! We have no pass rush. Moore has a great motor, we need to see if he can be a potential starter. Kiwi and Tuck are garbage, JPP is injured and who know if he ever go back to being great. Why didn't we let Moore get some snaps see if he can be the future or if we should draft a lot of people early

I think you'll begin to see Moore in the coming weeks. We all know it, this game was going to make or break our season. We don't have much of a chance now so you should see some more playing time for Moore.

Regarding the other rookies, Hankins is already seeing snaps here and there and should see more. Obviously Pugh started from Day 1. You won't see Nassib. I doubt Cooper Taylor sees much time. Nothing for Eric Herman and Cox will probably only be returning kicks from here on out.

I like how much time Will Hill is getting. I'm gonna venture out and say the giants offer Stevie Brown a 1 year deal and give Hill a shot to start next season. He is all over the field and deserves every bit of playing time he is receiving.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:

Bit of a news flash for you...Our passing offense was one of the worst in the league WITH Nicks in our first 10 games so don't come in here saying "oh this is how bad it is without Nicks". No. This is how bad it is. Period. No o-line, no one outside of Cruz who Eli can reliably throw the ball to (that includes Nicks)...and yea. This is what you get.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
mlv wrote:

Bit of a news flash for you...Our passing offense was one of the worst in the league WITH Nicks in our first 10 games so don't come in here saying "oh this is how bad it is without Nicks". No. This is how bad it is. Period. No o-line, no one outside of Cruz who Eli can reliably throw the ball to (that includes Nicks)...and yea. This is what you get.

That's true, which brings up an interesting point. If you really think about it, our offense was at it's best when Nicks was playing like a true #1. Ever since he hasn't been the same player, our offense has sputtered and been miserable in the redzone especially. That goes to show how important a true #1 WR is. Whether Nicks can get back to being that guy, or we find someone else for it, having a player for that role is key.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year Nicks was also non existent and our offense wasn't this bad. More than one reason why it is the case this season.

Can't sign Nicks when he can't be healthy on the field
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Last year Nicks was also non existent and our offense wasn't this bad. More than one reason why it is the case this season.

Can't sign Nicks when he can't be healthy on the field

The offense wasn't AS bad but it was still pretty bad and our woes in the redzone were just as apparent. Just saying a #1 WR mitigates a lot of the issues we've been having. I think the main difference between this year and last is our line regressing to epic levels of bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: