Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: BAL Ravens VS NY Jets...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about future Gradkowski being our best chance at a Ravens' future?
Positive. Future Gino HAS to be better than current Gino, right?
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Negative. I HATE funny cat videos and this IDGIT Gradkowski!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Meh... No matter the talent, these Ravens will create ways to lose.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Uh... Where's the Jennifer Lawrence option? That's all I want.
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9102
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flacco's post game comments about Tyrod Taylor's involvement are....interesting....


What'd he say?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25414
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flacco's post game comments about Tyrod Taylor's involvement are....interesting....


What'd he say?


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 1h
Flacco on Tyrod use: "it's good for a little bit but that's about it."


Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 32m
More Flacco: "I don't want to be lining up at Z and X. I want to line up behind center." He wasn't whining.Just answering question honestly


He seems pretty [inappropriate/removed] that Tyrod was being used to give our running game some spark, diversity, and yardage.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1106
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. It's the truth.
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7523
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. It's the truth.


Yup. It's not anything different than what we were saying. Taylor's running packages are alright a few times a game but the Jets were catching onto them pretty well after Caldwell called them so many times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StevenV32


Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 87
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like they used Tyrod to much with this "wild cat" look.

after Torrey caught that deep ball from Flacco (in the third quarter i believe) they went right back to Tyrod for 2 plays which got nothing putting Flacco in a 3rd and long with the momentum gone.

That said I do like the idea of using him to boost the running game, and it was effective for the most part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25414
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:
I felt like they used Tyrod to much with this "wild cat" look.

after Torrey caught that deep ball from Flacco (in the third quarter i believe) they went right back to Tyrod for 2 plays which got nothing putting Flacco in a 3rd and long with the momentum gone.

That said I do like the idea of using him to boost the running game, and it was effective for the most part.


Yeah they did use it too much there later on in the game, but I liked it. It worked most of the time and gave our running game a little edge. Unforunately, it didn't help our actual run game one bit.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 7030
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what good did the Tyrod package do? How was it effective? I remember one good run, but way more dead plays.

I think it was a decent idea, but wasn't doing well enough to warrant as many snaps as it got. I'd like to see Taylor on the field with Flacco still behind center. As bad as our run blocking is, the F-bomb is the biggest threat our offense has and splitting him out wide is an aid to opposing defenses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 7030
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking pretty solid the tie-breakers. We got h2h wins over the 2 afc east teams, and a better conference record than the Chargers. Titans are only a half game back in conference record, but they have a games in Indy and Denver remaining.

If we have to lose a game, let's hope it's @ Detroit. The Steelers game is clearly the most important game on our schedule.

This is going to either be a very good or very bad holiday. CAN'T WAIT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9102
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
We're looking pretty solid the tie-breakers. We got h2h wins over the 2 afc east teams, and a better conference record than the Chargers. Titans are only a half game back in conference record, but they have a games in Indy and Denver remaining.

If we have to lose a game, let's hope it's @ Detroit. The Steelers game is clearly the most important game on our schedule.

This is going to either be a very good or very bad holiday. CAN'T WAIT!

My gf bought tix for us for my bday (back in June). Definite keeper in all formats Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RavensfanRD


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1676
Location: Baltimore, MD (Land of the Greatness)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't our WRs turn a 4-yard pass play into a TD! They get the ball and fall to the ground! The no-names on the Pats are making it look easy!
_________________

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29654
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an absolute blast at the game today. Nearly froze to death but so, so worth it. Pretty frustrating game but it was good to see us pull away in the 2nd half. The Jets were absolutely awful and just stood no chance against our defense.

Glad that Joe got into the game there in the 2nd half because he was pretty bad in the 1st. Left way too many points on the field, the pick was absolutely terrible and Dickson saved him from throwing a 2nd INT as well. He also took some unnecessary sacks - seemed like he was locking into one guy and missing other guys running free upfield. That touchdown throw to Jacoby was an absolute beauty though, extra points for roasting Reed on it too, Operation Replicate 2011 Derrick Mason complete for Ed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25414
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Had an absolute blast at the game today. Nearly froze to death but so, so worth it. Pretty frustrating game but it was good to see us pull away in the 2nd half. The Jets were absolutely awful and just stood no chance against our defense.

Glad that Joe got into the game there in the 2nd half because he was pretty bad in the 1st. Left way too many points on the field, the pick was absolutely terrible and Dickson saved him from throwing a 2nd INT as well. He also took some unnecessary sacks - seemed like he was locking into one guy and missing other guys running free upfield. That touchdown throw to Jacoby was an absolute beauty though, extra points for roasting Reed on it too, Operation Replicate 2011 Derrick Mason complete for Ed.


Why was it frustrating? Lol. Now that I look back on it, this was one of the least frustrating games I've watched in a while, partially because I knew there was ZERO chance of Geno Smith beating us today.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29654
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Had an absolute blast at the game today. Nearly froze to death but so, so worth it. Pretty frustrating game but it was good to see us pull away in the 2nd half. The Jets were absolutely awful and just stood no chance against our defense.

Glad that Joe got into the game there in the 2nd half because he was pretty bad in the 1st. Left way too many points on the field, the pick was absolutely terrible and Dickson saved him from throwing a 2nd INT as well. He also took some unnecessary sacks - seemed like he was locking into one guy and missing other guys running free upfield. That touchdown throw to Jacoby was an absolute beauty though, extra points for roasting Reed on it too, Operation Replicate 2011 Derrick Mason complete for Ed.


Why was it frustrating? Lol. Now that I look back on it, this was one of the least frustrating games I've watched in a while, partially because I knew there was ZERO chance of Geno Smith beating us today.


Wasn't ever worried about losing; that offense with Geno Smith playing against us just wasn't a fair fight at all. Mostly frustrating in that kicking field goals for that long is just sort of annoying, but I think I was just feeding off the energy of the crowd more than anything else. We wanted blood today, and it felt like this could have been a statement game for Joe and the offense if they had seized the moment better. But I'll settle for pummeling their offense into submission at the very least.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 25414
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Had an absolute blast at the game today. Nearly froze to death but so, so worth it. Pretty frustrating game but it was good to see us pull away in the 2nd half. The Jets were absolutely awful and just stood no chance against our defense.

Glad that Joe got into the game there in the 2nd half because he was pretty bad in the 1st. Left way too many points on the field, the pick was absolutely terrible and Dickson saved him from throwing a 2nd INT as well. He also took some unnecessary sacks - seemed like he was locking into one guy and missing other guys running free upfield. That touchdown throw to Jacoby was an absolute beauty though, extra points for roasting Reed on it too, Operation Replicate 2011 Derrick Mason complete for Ed.


Why was it frustrating? Lol. Now that I look back on it, this was one of the least frustrating games I've watched in a while, partially because I knew there was ZERO chance of Geno Smith beating us today.


Wasn't ever worried about losing; that offense with Geno Smith playing against us just wasn't a fair fight at all. Mostly frustrating in that kicking field goals for that long is just sort of annoying, but I think I was just feeding off the energy of the crowd more than anything else. We wanted blood today, and it felt like this could have been a statement game for Joe and the offense if they had seized the moment better. But I'll settle for pummeling their offense into submission at the very least.


Yeah I feel like that, too, but that's just not the kind of team we are this year, bottom line. We don't come out with a chip on our shoulder and just pummel teams like we should, we come out kind of lackadaisical and just kind of "get by" for a while and then make some plays and eventually feed on momentum as the game goes on.
_________________


Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of leaving points on the board. At least one of those field goals "could" have been a TD to Jacoby if he could've held onto it after that hit by Ed Reed.

And part of the issue with Flacco is that I think we need more receiving options that are going to attack the football in the air.

Jacoby Jones had a 1on1 opportunity along the left sideline, decent throw, that he knocked down because he doesn't have the skill-set/ability to box out a defender and go up and win that ball. Instead he just slowed down and spiked it to the ground to prevent the interception.

On the almost interception that Ed Dickson knocked down. That wasn't a good pass, but it was still placed in a position where a talented receiving option could attack that ball in the air and make a nice catch to bail Flacco out.

Now don't get me wrong, I like what Jacoby Jones has brought to our receiving core. And it's clear that with Jacoby back its much more difficult for defenses to shut down our passing game's ability for the big play, but we still lack a guy that can go up for the ball. With the likely loss of Jacoby to FA and lacking that skill-set from a receiver. I think if there's. guy that can bring both of those abilities to be a deep option plus an aggressive pass catcher, then it would be the ideal addition to our receiving core... Obviously, I think that is Jordan Matthews, but that's another tale for a different thread.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group