Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Watch- 3-12-0: Giants (pick 2 and 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
So I may be on the optimistic side, but lets say things go how I think they very well could and we end up with the 2nd overall pick. Is there a chance we get another blockbuster trade? Surely someone will fall in love with one of the QBs or Clowney enough to want to give up the farm. Or would the teams rally together and protest giving us such bounty for the 2nd time.

If it was me calling the shots, I go through with a big trade. It's clearly turning this team around and 2 first rounders for another two-three years would be insane

Would have to be a huge blockbuster for me to trade Clowney.

You see what type of impact Robert Quinn has. Imagine a guy with the ability to make the same level of impact on the other side.

I love Chris Long...he's a very good DE but he has his flaws and he's getting up there in age. If I have a shot at Clowney, it's going to take a whale of an offer to make me pass.

Also, I'd take Bridgewater FOR SURE if we had the chance. I love Sam but Bridgewater is going to be a superstar imo.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with Clowney, but not Bridgewater. JMO but id take Mariota over Teddy.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I can agree with Clowney, but not Bridgewater. JMO but id take Mariota over Teddy.

You, sir, are crazy. Shocked

Bridgewater plays in a pro style system that asks him to call the protections at the LOS, call plays, audibles, hot routes, sight adjustments and go through a NFL style progression system.

And on top of that, he meets every physical criteria you look for in a QB's skill-set, is mechanically sound and shows the ability to make ridiculous throws.

He's not perfect but he's a truly elite prospect.

Mariota doesn't hold a candle to him. Mariota plays in a simple system that doesn't ask him to go through progressions often or to make complex multi-level reads of the defense. It dumbs down the reads and allows him to often make easy throws to open WRs. On top of that, he's FAR from mechanically sound.

IMO, Bridgewater is the next big thing.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Mariota is a system qb, but he seems so fluid and naturally gifted. Idk, I have yet to buy into the Teddy hype, the kid is good but I just dont see what everyone else does I guess.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I understand Mariota is a system qb, but he seems so fluid and naturally gifted. Idk, I have yet to buy into the Teddy hype, the kid is good but I just dont see what everyone else does I guess.

Teddy is the fluid one imo. That guy's feet are incredible. He's an awkward runner but you watch his feet when he goes through his drops, they're so light and quick. He makes it seem effortless.

You have the right to your opinion but I'm not sure what there isn't to see with Bridgewater. He's just a sound player with every tool. He's a safe bet.

Mariota might have more upside because he's more athletic and has a similar arm in terms of strength(might be stronger when he irons out his fundamentals) but he's a really risky pick.

Teddy is NFL ready and he reminds me a lot of Tom Brady. He's competitive but he's also calculating, poised, technically sound and willing to take what is there.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent watched a ton on him, mostly because I really spend most my time on prospects in areas of need and range we are likely to select them. However, what I have seen he made some questionable decisions and a couple poor throws high and into coverage. He played a really solid game against Florida though earlier this year in their bowl game. Bottom line is I hope he is everything people are saying and more and I hope we end up with the 1st overall pick and get the trade of the century for him. Not likely, but one can dream.

I also hope, like RG3 did, there is a second guy like Mariota or Hundley (overrated) that establishes themself as a top QB that would also become trade worthy.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I havent watched a ton on him, mostly because I really spend most my time on prospects in areas of need and range we are likely to select them. However, what I have seen he made some questionable decisions and a couple poor throws high and into coverage. He played a really solid game against Florida though earlier this year in their bowl game. Bottom line is I hope he is everything people are saying and more and I hope we end up with the 1st overall pick and get the trade of the century for him. Not likely, but one can dream.

I also hope, like RG3 did, there is a second guy like Mariota or Hundley (overrated) that establishes themself as a top QB that would also become trade worthy.

I recommend you see a bit more before making a final judgement, that's far from the norm.

As far as a second guy...there will be one...but I'm not betting on Hundley. I think it's more likely to be Derek Carr, Bryce Petty, Blake Bortles or Mariota...in that order.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Teddy, I kind of hate this Quarterback class. I think a lot of them are overrated. I actually like Mettenberger and McCarron over most of em. I think Hundley is overrated because of his style of play and what has come out in the past. He definitely isnt even close to NFL ready. People see that he's a Big, Tall Quarterback that has some wheels and they compare him to Cam Newton without even watching the kid. That's how these guys get "1st round grades" pre-draft by bloggers and clueless writers and when the draft comes all these "OH MY GODZ!! HE'S THERE IN THE 5TH? HE GONNA BE A STEAL!!!!" people come out.
dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Besides Teddy, I kind of hate this Quarterback class. I think a lot of them are overrated. I actually like Mettenberger and McCarron over most of em. I think Hundley is overrated because of his style of play and what has come out in the past. He definitely isnt even close to NFL ready. People see that he's a Big, Tall Quarterback that has some wheels and they compare him to Cam Newton without even watching the kid. That's how these guys get "1st round grades" pre-draft by bloggers and clueless writers and when the draft comes all these "OH MY GODZ!! HE'S THERE IN THE 5TH? HE GONNA BE A STEAL!!!!" people come out.

I agree, the biggest misconception in this year's draft is that there is a strong QB class. Outside of Teddy, the QB prospects are actually pretty weak and I haven't seen anybody else I would take with a 1st rounder (I haven't seen Carr, Bortles, or Petty play). Guys like Manziel, Mariota, Hundley, and Boyd really aren't that good and are definitely not 1st round prospects IMO.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

I agree, the biggest misconception in this year's draft is that there is a strong QB class. Outside of Teddy, the QB prospects are actually pretty weak and I haven't seen anybody else I would take with a 1st rounder (I haven't seen Carr, Bortles, or Petty play). Guys like Manziel, Mariota, Hundley, and Boyd really aren't that good and are definitely not 1st round prospects IMO.

Well I disagree with that completely, I happen to think its a very strong QB class. I would honestly be happy with most any of the quarterbacks coming out especially Manziel or Boyd. Its a pretty strong class in general.

It may lack an elite corner and runningback but even then it has some nice depth.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

That would be the issue. Wink

Those are the three first rounders other than Teddy.

It's a strong class if all of them come out. Which likely won't happen. Why is it strong? Because you'd have 3 to 4 1st rounders with a number of fringe starters that could go in the 2nd through 4th rounds.

As far as Mettenberger, no thanks.

Blake Bortles from UCF is the real deal. I have watched more of him than any other player in this draft.

dtwizzy2k8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
dtwizzy2k8 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

That would be the issue. Wink

Those are the three first rounders other than Teddy.

It's a strong class if all of them come out. Which likely won't happen. Why is it strong? Because you'd have 3 to 4 1st rounders with a number of fringe starters that could go in the 2nd through 4th rounds.

As far as Mettenberger, no thanks.

Blake Bortles from UCF is the real deal. I have watched more of him than any other player in this draft.

That's what I keep hearing, I'll have to check these QBs out then.
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Redskins! 49ers need to lose tonight. we are pushing for that wild card spot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams4eva92 wrote:
Go Redskins! 49ers need to lose tonight. we are pushing for that wild card spot.

Stop it
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Rams4eva92 wrote:

Stop it

Are u kidding me dude. Would you rather get a high draft pick or get in the playoffs. It makes me sick seeing everybody rooting for the 49ers. First off they are rivals. We should always root against our rivals. Second off they are one game ahead of us. If they win then we are two games back from the last spot. The main goal is getting into the playoffs. F the draft pick how about the confidence of getting into the playoffs. Go Redskins. RG3 go ham tonight. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 29 of 67

Jump to: