Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mizzou Thread: What is going on!!? (Think Happy Thoughts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game tonight vs Ole Miss. Hope Mizzou doesn't pull a Mizzou and find a way to lose it. If were even slightly looking a head to the matchup against A&M, that game will end up being irrelevant.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Big game tonight vs Ole Miss. Hope Mizzou doesn't pull a Mizzou and find a way to lose it. If were even slightly looking a head to the matchup against A&M, that game will end up being irrelevant.

Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out which one is more of a Mizzou: losing this game or winning this game then losing to A&M as Manziel clinches back-to-back Heismans.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out which one is more of a Mizzou: losing this game or winning this game then losing to A&M as Manziel clinches back-to-back Heismans.

Losing this game and winning next week seems to be more of a "pulling a Mizzou"
bigballin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
bigballin wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
Can we end the "controversy" now?

There really was never a question, Pinkel has been saying since Franklin went down that once he was healthy he would resume his spot...

There were just some of the Franklin haters out there that refused to accept it...

Ya I dunno who those haters are but they should be eradicated from this forum as quickly as possible for having a different opinion. Hopefully Franlkin dominates Ole Miss and Maty Mauk doesn't have to come in for the second half to bring us back.

I simply answered the question with a fact. The fact was Pinkel said from the time Franklin went out that once he was healthy he would resume being the starting QB...

It's not my fault you couldn't comprehend that, even though people on here provided you with this information several times...

I have no problem with differing "opinions" but there was nothing to waver on with this one...

Mauk in at 10:30 in 2nd qtr
bigballin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauk just showed why he is in..
bigballin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:

Losing this game and winning next week seems to be more of a "pulling a Mizzou"

The only curses are the ones you create.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win tonight, Franklin looked good out there. Now lets get ready for next week!
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was no different than early in the season. Mauk gets his one drive, just now he gets to throw.

DGB is a bit frustrating. One week he's a superstar, the next he's just a guy.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:

Mauk back out of the game at 4:06 of the 2nd (the next drive) and didn't return rest of the game...

Seriously, what are you trying to prove? Franklin played well and we won handily....

I actually like both Mauk and Franklin, unlike you. I love that Mauk is getting key playing time this year, so he'll be ready to have every opportunity to take the reigns next year. I actually wouldn't mind bringing him in a drive or two every game just to give the defense a different look.

However, Franklin is the starter this year and he's done nothing to lose that. He's going to continue to be the starter regardless of your "opinion"...

IDOG_det on the sig...
bigballin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
bigballin wrote:

Mauk back out of the game at 4:06 of the 2nd (the next drive) and didn't return rest of the game...

Seriously, what are you trying to prove? Franklin played well and we won handily....

I actually like both Mauk and Franklin, unlike you. I love that Mauk is getting key playing time this year, so he'll be ready to have every opportunity to take the reigns next year. I actually wouldn't mind bringing him in a drive or two every game just to give the defense a different look.

However, Franklin is the starter this year and he's done nothing to lose that. He's going to continue to be the starter regardless of your "opinion"...

I like Franklin actually, no where on this forum did I put Franklin sucks. I was just getting chastised to the third degree because I said that I liked Mauk better. The OP was the one saying Mauk was overrated and wasnt even as good as freshman Eddie Printz whom has yet to play a down of CFB. Then I did a lil trolling while I was drunk about seniority and what not. Lol

In my "opinion" Mauk put together the most impressive drive of the night. He threw that laser, then he threw a heck of a ball on the run to Ladamian Washinton in the end zone that should have been caught. Then we got called for an atrocious holding penalty that negated the rushing TD.

I see Mauk as the more talented QB that can simply make throws that Franklin can't. That's why we put him in there in the 2nd QTR, why else would we? For his decision making? Certainly not, that would go to Franklin. Right now Franklin is the good game manager type at QB that will make the smart play and not turn the ball over. Mauk is the gunslinger that will make plays and make the defense play back because of his ability to hit any throw, but is a lil more of a gamble with turnover ratio. Just look at the stats Franklin was 12/19 142 yds 0 TD and 1 INT, Mauk posted 3/7 83 yds on only one drive.

As long as our defense is playing good we will start Franklin but the moment we start struggling or need a big play that's when we will call on Mauk. I would rather just leave the gunslinger in there and blow teams out the game, but with that comes the chance of more turnovers. Depending on how our defense does against Manziel next week, we may be seeing a lot more of Mauk.

Last edited by bigballin on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigballin, you're more than entitled to that belief. There are just better ways to express that opinion. Lunatic has a tendency to be overly harsh himself so he doesn't help matters.

But when you toss out the QB controversy, it evokes strong opinions from both sides.

Personally, I think you have to go with Franklin. Mauk has talent and aggressiveness but he also seemed to fold under the pressure against my Gamecocks. Franklin's experience will help him in those big moments. That all said, it definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to get Mauk on the field at times as he offers a nice fastball to complement Franklin's changeup heavy arsenal...if you catch my drift.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
bigballin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bigballin, you're more than entitled to that belief. There are just better ways to express that opinion. Lunatic has a tendency to be overly harsh himself so he doesn't help matters.

But when you toss out the QB controversy, it evokes strong opinions from both sides.

Personally, I think you have to go with Franklin. Mauk has talent and aggressiveness but he also seemed to fold under the pressure against my Gamecocks. Franklin's experience will help him in those big moments. That all said, it definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to get Mauk on the field at times as he offers a nice fastball to complement Franklin's changeup heavy arsenal...if you catch my drift.

I dunno I thought he was pretty clutch in OT. The loss goes on the team but if anyone fell under pressure I would say it was Baggot and our defense. 17 pts given in the 4th qtr and giving up a 4th and and goal on the 15 in OT. But that's all old news.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

I dunno I thought he was pretty clutch in OT. The loss goes on the team but if anyone fell under pressure I would say it was Baggot and our defense. 17 pts given in the 4th qtr and giving up a 4th and and goal on the 15 in OT. But that's all old news.

The kicker takes a lot of the Blame for the loss to the Gamecocks. I will say this though, Mauk didn't help matters. The kick was going to be a straight shot, then Mauk ran out of bounds making the kick tougher. I know it seems like nit-picking but it's something your Quarterback just cant do.

I like Mauk and Franklin and I can see why people are rooting for him to ge the starting nod, sometimes when I watch Franklin his arm strength scares me. But you have to go with the more experienced guy right now, and it's not like Franklin has hurt this team, we're 7-0 when he starts.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
I see Mauk as the more talented QB that can simply make throws that Franklin can't. That's why we put him in there in the 2nd QTR, why else would we? For his decision making? Certainly not, that would go to Franklin. Right now Franklin is the good game manager type at QB that will make the smart play and not turn the ball over. Mauk is the gunslinger that will make plays and make the defense play back because of his ability to hit any throw, but is a lil more of a gamble with turnover ratio. Just look at the stats Franklin was 12/19 142 yds 0 TD and 1 INT, Mauk posted 3/7 83 yds on only one drive.
You think Mauk can "make any throw"? The guy who is barely completing 50% of his passes can "make any throw"... Yea not at this point he cant.

You just threw out their stats from Ole Miss. Franklin hit on 63% of his passes while Mauk was a not so good 42%. And you seem to be conveniently leaving out Franklins 42 rushing years which included a few HUGE 3rd down conversions that helped salt the game away.

You obviously will never pull your head out of the sand on Franklin vs Mauk, it was quite clear the second you stated that you would rather have a Gunslinger out there.
bigballin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
bigballin wrote:
You think Mauk can "make any throw"? The guy who is barely completing 50% of his passes can "make any throw"... Yea not at this point he cant.

You just threw out their stats from Ole Miss. Franklin hit on 63% of his passes while Mauk was a not so good 42%. And you seem to be conveniently leaving out Franklins 42 rushing years which included a few HUGE 3rd down conversions that helped salt the game away.

You obviously will never pull your head out of the sand on Franklin vs Mauk, it was quite clear the second you stated that you would rather have a Gunslinger out there.

So why did Pinkel even put Mauk in there?

Do you think Franklin has a better arm than Mauk? Do you think he is a better scrambler than Mauk?

On to the stats...are you serious? You just look at the drives and your saying that Franklin was a superior QB when he was on the field? Did you even watch the game?

Please give me a breakdown QB comparison showing your argument.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: