Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak fired after 8 seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Lil Shanny. I am just excited for change. It has been 8 years, which is crazy to think about, and I am just ready to have hopefully a new HC with a philosophy from this millennium.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Hue Jackson. OC maybe, but not HC.

ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
Calm down guys my FEAR I have is that we hire Kyle Shanahan bec we wouldnt have to change the offense. and Kubiak would just go to Washington. I dont know why but I see that as a Bob McNair and Kick Smith move.

Smith's short list last time included Mike Sherman and Hue Jackson. Praying for Jackson if the list hasn't expanded.

If Lil Shanny is the guy, my hope is that his domineering father, from whom Kubiak picked up a lot of his more stubborn and wrong-headed coaching tendencies, has been the reason that Washington's offense has tanked in season two of the Robert Griffin era.

Thing about it though is that Rick Smith might be gone too so his list might not matter.

Wait, what? Smith was hired after Kubiak. When did he make a list?
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
Calm down guys my FEAR I have is that we hire Kyle Shanahan bec we wouldnt have to change the offense. and Kubiak would just go to Washington. I dont know why but I see that as a Bob McNair and Kick Smith move.

Smith's short list last time included Mike Sherman and Hue Jackson. Praying for Jackson if the list hasn't expanded.

If Lil Shanny is the guy, my hope is that his domineering father, from whom Kubiak picked up a lot of his more stubborn and wrong-headed coaching tendencies, has been the reason that Washington's offense has tanked in season two of the Robert Griffin era.

Thing about it though is that Rick Smith might be gone too so his list might not matter.

Wait, what? Smith was hired after Kubiak. When did he make a list?

Following the 6-10 2010 season when the Kubiak hotseat was last at its warmest, a rumored list of Smith's preferred candidates to succeed Kubes was circulated.

Given what we know about how McNair runs the franchise, I imagine he's intent on keeping Smith unless Smith proves his futility independently of Kubiak's ineptitude. Smith is a prominent figure in league circles, has been decently successful drafting, and hasn't had a chance to match his talent and scouting prowess with a coaching candidate of his choice. I believe McNair will allow him to heavily influence a hire to see if the ship can be righted with minimal correction and transition.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still on the horton wagon
jch1911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rick Smith stays.
(1) McNair seems to clearly support Rick
(2) Nobody debates the team's talent level (in most areas), it really seems to be about execution
(3) If you look at players that were cut / attempted to be stashed on the Texans' practice squad / free agents, many get swooped up by other teams.

The last part leads me to believe that Rick has an eye for talent, but that the coaches disagree about how to use it.

Just my $.02.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.

Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.

Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.

Granting that I'm not always "with it," what advantage is there to firing Kubiak now versus just postponing the inevitable and allowing him to "coach" us to a better draft position?
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Granting that I'm not always "with it," what advantage is there to firing Kubiak now versus just postponing the inevitable and allowing him to "coach" us to a better draft position?

you send a message to the team, that this isn't acceptable AND you tell other coaches our team will need a new head coach....we can start interviewing soon i think too
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

you send a message to the team, that this isn't acceptable AND you tell other coaches our team will need a new head coach....we can start interviewing soon i think too

You can't interview other coaches during the season or during a teams post season run.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the game i am hoping for some change and this would help our team become tougher.

HC: Ray Horton
OC: Hue Jackson
DC: Rod Marinelli

This is a real possiblity and I know what everyone is saying that Marinelli should never be a DC. Well think about this Horton would be calling his own plays and is a good secondary coach. Marinelli is probably the best defensive line coach in the game. Those two could work some magic together.

Hue Jackson would keep the west coast system but be more creative
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
kidnextdoor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am going to say is this has been the best game of the season for me:

1. We have a chance at #1 draft pick.
2. Kubiak has to go after this game.

I have come around on Kubiak a little, he is not a terrible coach. He can get a bad team to the playoffs but he is not taking anyone to the superbowl. I honestly think he needs either a fresh start or more likely after a mini stroke he should retire.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will happen, but firing Kubiak mid season sends a message to coaches that change is coming and pathetic coaching will not be tolerated. It sends a message to all players that your job is on the line, everyone take notice. It tells the fans that the owner cares and is willing to make changes and isn't just sitting idle.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't want to fire Kubiak till after the season.

If we fire him now it might invigorate the team to 2 or 3 victories putting us out on contention for #1.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't want to fire Kubiak till after the season.

If we fire him now it might invigorate the team to 2 or 3 victories putting us out on contention for #1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: