Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kubiak fired after 8 seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marco79


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 11560
Location: Bloomington, IN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Lil Shanny. I am just excited for change. It has been 8 years, which is crazy to think about, and I am just ready to have hopefully a new HC with a philosophy from this millennium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29006
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Hue Jackson. OC maybe, but not HC.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ServantofYHWH


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 13659
Location: Clutch City
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
Calm down guys my FEAR I have is that we hire Kyle Shanahan bec we wouldnt have to change the offense. and Kubiak would just go to Washington. I dont know why but I see that as a Bob McNair and Kick Smith move.


Smith's short list last time included Mike Sherman and Hue Jackson. Praying for Jackson if the list hasn't expanded.

If Lil Shanny is the guy, my hope is that his domineering father, from whom Kubiak picked up a lot of his more stubborn and wrong-headed coaching tendencies, has been the reason that Washington's offense has tanked in season two of the Robert Griffin era.



Thing about it though is that Rick Smith might be gone too so his list might not matter.

Wait, what? Smith was hired after Kubiak. When did he make a list?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11925
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
canyon1 wrote:
Calm down guys my FEAR I have is that we hire Kyle Shanahan bec we wouldnt have to change the offense. and Kubiak would just go to Washington. I dont know why but I see that as a Bob McNair and Kick Smith move.


Smith's short list last time included Mike Sherman and Hue Jackson. Praying for Jackson if the list hasn't expanded.

If Lil Shanny is the guy, my hope is that his domineering father, from whom Kubiak picked up a lot of his more stubborn and wrong-headed coaching tendencies, has been the reason that Washington's offense has tanked in season two of the Robert Griffin era.



Thing about it though is that Rick Smith might be gone too so his list might not matter.

Wait, what? Smith was hired after Kubiak. When did he make a list?


Following the 6-10 2010 season when the Kubiak hotseat was last at its warmest, a rumored list of Smith's preferred candidates to succeed Kubes was circulated.

Given what we know about how McNair runs the franchise, I imagine he's intent on keeping Smith unless Smith proves his futility independently of Kubiak's ineptitude. Smith is a prominent figure in league circles, has been decently successful drafting, and hasn't had a chance to match his talent and scouting prowess with a coaching candidate of his choice. I believe McNair will allow him to heavily influence a hire to see if the ship can be righted with minimal correction and transition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13986
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still on the horton wagon
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jch1911


Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Posts: 3654
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Rick Smith stays.
(1) McNair seems to clearly support Rick
(2) Nobody debates the team's talent level (in most areas), it really seems to be about execution
(3) If you look at players that were cut / attempted to be stashed on the Texans' practice squad / free agents, many get swooped up by other teams.

The last part leads me to believe that Rick has an eye for talent, but that the coaches disagree about how to use it.

Just my $.02.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4600
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.


Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11925
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.


Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.


Granting that I'm not always "with it," what advantage is there to firing Kubiak now versus just postponing the inevitable and allowing him to "coach" us to a better draft position?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 13986
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.


Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.


Granting that I'm not always "with it," what advantage is there to firing Kubiak now versus just postponing the inevitable and allowing him to "coach" us to a better draft position?


you send a message to the team, that this isn't acceptable AND you tell other coaches our team will need a new head coach....we can start interviewing soon i think too
_________________
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lumberjackchris


Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Posts: 4600
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
Does McNair get the balls and fire him this week? Or wait untill the Pats mop the floor with us next weekend.


Another name I dont think has been mentioned is Bill O'Brien from Penn St. who has done a great job through a tough time there.


Granting that I'm not always "with it," what advantage is there to firing Kubiak now versus just postponing the inevitable and allowing him to "coach" us to a better draft position?


you send a message to the team, that this isn't acceptable AND you tell other coaches our team will need a new head coach....we can start interviewing soon i think too


You can't interview other coaches during the season or during a teams post season run.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canyon1


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 600
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the game i am hoping for some change and this would help our team become tougher.

HC: Ray Horton
OC: Hue Jackson
DC: Rod Marinelli

This is a real possiblity and I know what everyone is saying that Marinelli should never be a DC. Well think about this Horton would be calling his own plays and is a good secondary coach. Marinelli is probably the best defensive line coach in the game. Those two could work some magic together.

Hue Jackson would keep the west coast system but be more creative
_________________
My Teams
NFL: Texans
NBA: Pistons
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kidnextdoor


Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am going to say is this has been the best game of the season for me:

1. We have a chance at #1 draft pick.
2. Kubiak has to go after this game.

I have come around on Kubiak a little, he is not a terrible coach. He can get a bad team to the playoffs but he is not taking anyone to the superbowl. I honestly think he needs either a fresh start or more likely after a mini stroke he should retire.
_________________
Adopt a Texan: Earl Mitchell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 2801
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will happen, but firing Kubiak mid season sends a message to coaches that change is coming and pathetic coaching will not be tolerated. It sends a message to all players that your job is on the line, everyone take notice. It tells the fans that the owner cares and is willing to make changes and isn't just sitting idle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29006
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't want to fire Kubiak till after the season.

If we fire him now it might invigorate the team to 2 or 3 victories putting us out on contention for #1.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29006
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't want to fire Kubiak till after the season.

If we fire him now it might invigorate the team to 2 or 3 victories putting us out on contention for #1.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group