Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 (SNF): Denver Broncos @ NE Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maverick9305

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a great game but I'd remind people that there's no need to panic. We played badly, but we also played in a really tough situation. Hostile crowd, really good team, lots of injuries (losing DRC was brutal), patriots playing mad, and bad weather. Obviously, if we want to compete and win the super bowl we have to win games like this, but a three point loss that happened because of a bonehead mistake does not mean the sky is falling. Hopefully, we'll come out of this, toughen up, learn a listen and take it to the chiefs next Sunday.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the game Manning isn't the same player in cold weather. Also our run game is so sporatic.

DT is the softest wr in the NFL he falls back waiting for the ball instead of nabbing it at its highest point.

I trust no one on this team in a close game in the 4th against a worthy opponent. I always look for something to go wrong instead of it going right. I was worried about a roughing the punter penalty happening on that play but something worse happened.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
ThePrimeTime12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillman should be reactivated for next week. If Hillman got deactivated for fumbling then Ball should get the same treatment especially when Ball has lost more fumbles this season and isn't as good of a RB. If Hillman doesn't return then I am thinking the Broncos seriously resent him for some reason because it wouldn't be fair at all.

Ball is like Ridley but it's not just the positives, it's the negatives too.

^^ Joe_is_the_best on the sig
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Joan Niesen ‏@JoanNiesen
Knowshon just came through the locker room on crutches.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
Hillman should be reactivated for next week. If Hillman got deactivated for fumbling then Ball should get the same treatment especially when Ball has lost more fumbles this season and isn't as good of a RB. If Hillman doesn't return then I am thinking the Broncos seriously resent him for some reason because it wouldn't be fair at all.

Ball, Anderson and Hillman all put it on the carpet, but Montee has the redeeming quality that when he doesn't, he tends to run pretty well.

I'd like to see Ronnie dressed next week at the expense of CJ
hALF_pAST_sEVEN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We not winning a superbowl in cold weather of NY

Peyton just don't play well in cold weather unless Moreno has another hell of a game like this

Defense showed heart by holding them after the big surge from Brady got some more confidence in them

These wr's though......still can't beat press coverage and can't rely on pick plays to bail them out

Only person looked like they could play big boy ball was Tamme Laughing
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to avoid over-reacting but it's pretty plain and simple, this team cannot win big games.

As much as we are physically talented, we're mentally weak.

Right now that's all I have to say.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
SenorClean2k0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I want to avoid over-reacting but it's pretty plain and simple, this team cannot win big games.

As much as we are physically talented, we're mentally weak.

Right now that's all I have to say.

Absolutely agree. How many big games have we won the last two years? One? its fantastic putting up big win totals when the world isn't watching. But, we need to prove it when things get real.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
This game hurt a lot as a fan. HUGE upswing, HUGE crash, rally to go to OT, DEVASTATING finish.

All Im going to say is that the whole team stopped trying in the 3rd quarter. A 24 point lead at halftime was apparently enough for Broncos but not for the Patriots. I dont know if I should put that on Gase or on JDR. I will say that Im glad to have Foxy back this week.

By the way, for whatever reason Gase/Manning stopped running the ball in OT is beyond me. Knowshon and CJ were getting 5 and 6 yards a pop. The 3rd and 4's are ok to call a run play on. Manning clearly had trouble gripping the ball and receivers had trouble catching it. Running the ball was such an obvious decision, I dont know how you can screw it up.

Also, that ridiculous bounce on the punt is on Welker. He has to make the call louder so everyone will know. Its not on Tony Carter at all.

I was about to ask the same thing. Our running game churned out 280 yds at about 6ypc. How can you lose a game when you've got a 24 point lead and your running game is doing that?

Not sure I've ever seen such a great team rushing performance squandered so badly.
Vikings do it all the time Laughing

Probably should have qualified that a bit. How 'bout "never seen a team with a HOF QB squander a running attack so badly.

Better? Wink
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a game. Talib bounced back after rough game vs Smith. DT seemed to turn it on late but he looked like he just hates the cold. Decker was invisible. I think he mostly saw Dennard and Ryan. Belichick wanted to take Welker out of it and did a good job. While Denver did a good job taking Amendola out of it. Tamme was most clutch Bronco receiver tonight.

I don't think the drop Welker had was his fault more of a great play by Collins. but the punt is on him.

Knowshon really did well and fought through whatever was wrong with him. I do think they abandoned the run too early in the playoffs, though I don't know how much Knowshon had in him.

Von seemed to burn out a bit in the 2nd half but he overall did well vs Solder who is a good OT. Interior OL sucks and for most part embarrassed Connolly and Wendell.

NE did a lot of different things I havent really seen much of. Collins hasn't really played much since Mayo went down. Fletcher not at all until this game outside of end of game snaps.

Quote:

Ridley needs to carry the ball better. He ran 1 arm on the ball and away from his body and it results in fumbles. I don't know if it's same w/ ball but if it is that needs to be addressed in both

Lastly I was talking texting a girl the whole time. I've been trying get rid of the Patriots hate(I think it's down to just mild disdain). So after I asked her who she was rooting for and it was Broncos. She hates the Chiefs more than she secretly likes the Patriots. Laughing

Hell of a game though. Also for DBs either Dobson was hurt(which no one noticed) or DBs just too physical for him and went w/ Thompkins(I'm guessing this is the reason)
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats off to the D....they have heart. More then I can say about Peyton Manning.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I've been this disappointed by a loss. I don't care how good Tom Brady is. When you are up 24-0 at halftime in a game where your running backs are tearing off 6 to 12 yards EVERY TIME they touch the ball, there's really no excuse for losing that game. In fact, the only way it's even physically possible to lose that game is if you give it away. AAA said it best. This is one seriously mentally weak team. They live and die by momentum.

The good:

- Von Miller is starting to round into form.
- Granted the Pats have a poor run defense, but our running game destroyed them today. Nice to see that area of our offense improving.
- The first half showed how dominating our team can truly be.

The Bad:

- 3 second half turnovers.
- A 6'3" 230 lb receiver getting OWNED in press coverage by a db 25 lbs lighter and 2 inches shorter than him. Grow a pair DT... P*ssy.
- Knowshon Moreno on crutches. Again. Hopefully not too serious.
- Pretty much everything Welker did tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laid into Manning a little, but that drive to level the game was as gutsy a drive as I can remember. Von Miller absolutely abused Nate Solder at times, you've always got a chance with those two on the field. Your middle three lineman are absolute hogs, dominated the line of scrimmage out there.

I have a feeling we'll meet again, no reason to be too down about last night in my opinion. Just a freaky game.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives
1. Every team has the fluky loss, even the best. Last year we had our fluky awful loss in the playoffs. Better now then where it happened last year.
2. This team could win in cold weather. We ran it down their throats at will.
3. Von had a coming out party last night. The guy might be in shape finally. He abused a very good LT all night long.

Negatives
1. This team can NOT win in the wind. Peyton Mannings noodle arm doesn't play in the wind. It was a heart attack for me every time we threw the ball. Or the ball was even in the air. Mannings ball doesnt cut through the wind as Brady's did. Also with balls in the air, I don't think I'd even field punts... As a coach the way we were running, I think I'd just eat the ten yards on the bounce every punt lol. I watched the game with my friends and called a muffed punt before it happened. Was only a matter of time.
2. Why in gods name did we spread out in so many 3rd and 4 or shorters, and chuck it, when we were running the ball at like 7 yards a carry. To not even have a back in the backfield in so many of those situations was just brutal formation use, especially in the wind.
3. Chris Harris has looked brutal this year compared to last.
4. Knowshon on crutches.
5. Ball security. The balls a lot more slippery in the dry cold. Freeze some balls and only use those w the running backs in practice from here out. -------- CJ Anderson's fumble is the only one that can be excused. That handoff was heinous. Anyone else notice how at the last second Peyton raised his hand and put the ball right under CJ's chin? I can't put that on CJ.

Not ready to call this team mentally weak. They clearly laid down coming out in the 2nd half. Not one guy wanted to be there in the 3rd quarter n it took them being down 7 to snap out. With a Chiefs loss earlier in the day I fully expected a loss going into this one. They were playing with house money. It just hurt a lot more because of how this thing started. This was a zero pressure game though, they handled the Chiefs the week prior under a lot more pressure. Not ready to call this team mentally weak, thats a stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st things 1st tony carter needs to be cut tomorrow!!

2nd of all we need to get away from running the hb draw 30+ times a game we done it in jags and colts game aswell best qb in the NFL and we run the ball in critical situations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: