Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders VS. Tennessee Titans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
McGloin would have to win at least 2 or 3 more games this season and show signs of improvement each week in order for the Raiders to not draft a QB in the 1st round. Reggie is going into his 3rd season next year as GM and this QB carousel needs to come to an end... If not we'll never win.


Chali21 wrote:
This is my thoughts too. We need to have a franchise guy. McGloin has been better than expected, but Pryor was too. We can't forget he's a UDFA for a reason, Tony Romo is good but who say McGloin has what it takes. Personally I want to bring another guy in to challenge him.


Hes improving though.

The 1 INT doesnt make this a bad game for McGloin he improved in this game.

More yards, drove the team down the field unfortunately only could get FGs and missed FGs early.

Bounced back after the INT
Drove 80 yards for a second half TD
NO TE help after Mychal Rivera went out
NO WR help outside Rod Streater
Same offensive line Pryor had all year
Only 2 sacks against 2 top defensive teams
Threw the ball around to the WRs, TEs and Running Backs

Tell me what is so bad about McGloin?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2786
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like McGloin don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of good traits one would want intelligence, good arm, and a nice release. However...his height might get him in trouble, he had quite a few passes batted down. If he can't get that corrected then we won't be any better than average.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 7942
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
McGloin would have to win at least 2 or 3 more games this season and show signs of improvement each week in order for the Raiders to not draft a QB in the 1st round. Reggie is going into his 3rd season next year as GM and this QB carousel needs to come to an end... If not we'll never win.


Chali21 wrote:
This is my thoughts too. We need to have a franchise guy. McGloin has been better than expected, but Pryor was too. We can't forget he's a UDFA for a reason, Tony Romo is good but who say McGloin has what it takes. Personally I want to bring another guy in to challenge him.


Hes improving though.

The 1 INT doesnt make this a bad game for McGloin he improved in this game.

More yards, drove the team down the field unfortunately only could get FGs and missed FGs early.

Bounced back after the INT
Drove 80 yards for a second half TD
NO TE help after Mychal Rivera went out
NO WR help outside Rod Streater
Same offensive line Pryor had all year
Only 2 sacks against 2 top defensive teams
Threw the ball around to the WRs, TEs and Running Backs

Tell me what is so bad about McGloin?



Koolaid tastes good, but sipping it only makes it taste bitter.



He was an UDFA for a reason. Not saying he couldn't become Romo, but Romo played a much smaller school than the densely populated 100,000 student pool of Penn State. McGloin could be one of those people who just took a while to develop, but I doubt it. If the Raiders have an opportunity to draft a QB in the first, they should do it. McGloin would make a good backup though. Doesn't make mistakes and has a decent arm. He just isn't going to make enough plays himself to prevent you guys from having another 4-6 win season next year.
_________________
Amateur Draft Analyst

Eagles&VOLS Fan

20/20 vision for talent; FF's WR/DB specialist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiders707


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 612
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I like McGloin don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of good traits one would want intelligence, good arm, and a nice release. However...his height might get him in trouble, he had quite a few passes batted down. If he can't get that corrected then we won't be any better than average.




NAILED IT!!! discussion should be over, my thought exact... for reals, move on to next game, we have to score touchdown's in the redzone no excuses today, i this point i don't care anymore about who will be the QB honestly this is 13 years of frustration finally taking its toll... i would just play them both at this point we all now in a open lane TP2 can take it to the house if not gain 20+ plus yards at least more then 2 times a game idk really anymore, they just need to stick with one person and one person only if only like some one said here if they could frankstien the two players...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5349
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
And...... shocker. The sky is falling. Blame everyone!


yea, lets just stay calm... we get big regular season games ALL the time right?


Did anyone SERIOUSLY think this was a playoff team? The only reason it's possible (with a losing record atm) is because the AFC is garbage. Whatever 6 seed makes it is one and done.


This.

I am upset we lost, upset with missed FGs, and upset with poor pass defense. But seriously, we just missed the final wildcard spot as a 4-6 team... in Week 12! We weren't playing to secure the spot. This isn't Week 16 or 17. Even if we won today, we would have to keep winning in order to maintain that spot. I am excited about McGloin and our run defense, but I do not believe we have what it takes right now to beat DEN and KC, and DAL and NYJ won't be pushovers, either. We haven't been playing consistently well enough all season long. We are not a playoff team, the AFC just happens to be littered with mediocre teams this year. Sure, it would be cool to say we are the final wildcard team as of right now, but that is just it- as of right now!

Nobody had playoff hopes coming into the year, don't let a freakishly weak season by AFC teams all of a sudden make you believe our team is better than it is. We have show improvement in many areas- run defense is very good, a bunch of FA signings have panned out, and even found a decent QB- or at least a stopgap if nothing else. IDK about you all, but that exceeds my expectations for this team.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 20141
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I like McGloin don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of good traits one would want intelligence, good arm, and a nice release. However...his height might get him in trouble, he had quite a few passes batted down. If he can't get that corrected then we won't be any better than average.


Its very Fixable. Brees and Wilson are shorter. Not like shorter QBs can't succeed. His release point is what will need to be worked on. Needs to be above his height. Its what Brees and Wilson do. A lot of times its the edge guys stopping their rush to jump up so it happens to all QBs.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14108
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Good game, guys. Was a nail-biter to the end.

We couldn't even get a hit on McGloin. Zero sack and zero QB hits. O-line did an exemplary job.

Nice of you to say that but we constantly complain about our Oline. Had to use a different word as they didn't like biooooutch.


I haven't watched any Raiders game before this, so I can't comment to the overall of them, but today, at least in pass protection they were stonewalling us. Even when we blitzed.


It has a lot to do with McGloin's pocket presence and him knowing when it's time to get rid of the ball. He has been pretty impressive for a rookie in his 2 starts.


I thought Pryor wasn't getting any help?

World of difference when you have a QB who understands QB fundamentals.


He wasn't and while the pass blocking might be improved, there are a few times when i thought McGloin was gonna get sacked but he just did the right thing each and every time. I sure wouldn't expect a rookie to do that. What seems improved is the pass blocking inside though.


Same offensive of line better QB that gets rid of the ball fast.

See the difference?


Let's not make it about Pryor please. I've seen another QB play for the Raiders this season and he got sacked a whole lot. Now, i'll say it one more time, i'm impressed by what McGloin has done the last 2 games.


So it has nothing to do with the QB spinning around and holding the ball to long?

Not sure how excuse work only for one guy and not the other doesn't make since.


I have no idea what you're talking about with your excuses. Is there an "excuse" in my post? I'm just pointing out Flynn got sacked a handful of times as well in his only start.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
I like McGloin don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of good traits one would want intelligence, good arm, and a nice release. However...his height might get him in trouble, he had quite a few passes batted down. If he can't get that corrected then we won't be any better than average.


Lame reason.

4 passes batted down in 2 games is why hes not the answer?

Brady had allot more then that in the Super Bowl against the Giants.

Also look how many Brees gets batted down per game LOL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
McGloin would have to win at least 2 or 3 more games this season and show signs of improvement each week in order for the Raiders to not draft a QB in the 1st round. Reggie is going into his 3rd season next year as GM and this QB carousel needs to come to an end... If not we'll never win.


Chali21 wrote:
This is my thoughts too. We need to have a franchise guy. McGloin has been better than expected, but Pryor was too. We can't forget he's a UDFA for a reason, Tony Romo is good but who say McGloin has what it takes. Personally I want to bring another guy in to challenge him.


Hes improving though.

The 1 INT doesnt make this a bad game for McGloin he improved in this game.

More yards, drove the team down the field unfortunately only could get FGs and missed FGs early.

Bounced back after the INT
Drove 80 yards for a second half TD
NO TE help after Mychal Rivera went out
NO WR help outside Rod Streater
Same offensive line Pryor had all year
Only 2 sacks against 2 top defensive teams
Threw the ball around to the WRs, TEs and Running Backs

Tell me what is so bad about McGloin?



Koolaid tastes good, but sipping it only makes it taste bitter.



He was an UDFA for a reason. Not saying he couldn't become Romo, but Romo played a much smaller school than the densely populated 100,000 student pool of Penn State. McGloin could be one of those people who just took a while to develop, but I doubt it. If the Raiders have an opportunity to draft a QB in the first, they should do it. McGloin would make a good backup though. Doesn't make mistakes and has a decent arm. He just isn't going to make enough plays himself to prevent you guys from having another 4-6 win season next year.


Maybe it was the same reason Tom Brady fell to the end of the 6th round.

Also Brady went to Michigan.

Not comparing the two just pointing out scouts and GM's get it wrong sometimes.

So him driving the team 75 yards for what should have been the game winning TD, then the defense falling apart is all on him?
_________________


Last edited by ch8878 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
Good game, guys. Was a nail-biter to the end.

We couldn't even get a hit on McGloin. Zero sack and zero QB hits. O-line did an exemplary job.

Nice of you to say that but we constantly complain about our Oline. Had to use a different word as they didn't like biooooutch.


I haven't watched any Raiders game before this, so I can't comment to the overall of them, but today, at least in pass protection they were stonewalling us. Even when we blitzed.


It has a lot to do with McGloin's pocket presence and him knowing when it's time to get rid of the ball. He has been pretty impressive for a rookie in his 2 starts.


I thought Pryor wasn't getting any help?

World of difference when you have a QB who understands QB fundamentals.


He wasn't and while the pass blocking might be improved, there are a few times when i thought McGloin was gonna get sacked but he just did the right thing each and every time. I sure wouldn't expect a rookie to do that. What seems improved is the pass blocking inside though.


Same offensive of line better QB that gets rid of the ball fast.

See the difference?


Let's not make it about Pryor please. I've seen another QB play for the Raiders this season and he got sacked a whole lot. Now, i'll say it one more time, i'm impressed by what McGloin has done the last 2 games.


So it has nothing to do with the QB spinning around and holding the ball to long?

Not sure how excuse work only for one guy and not the other doesn't make since.


I have no idea what you're talking about with your excuses. Is there an "excuse" in my post? I'm just pointing out Flynn got sacked a handful of times as well in his only start.


The offensive line is the same crappy line that has been here all year, just now Raiders have a QB that gets rid of the ball faster then Flynn and Pryor did is all I'm saying.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14108
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this game, the offensive line did a good job of not allowing pressure up the middle, it hasn't been the case in every game this season.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4459
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
In this game, the offensive line did a good job of not allowing pressure up the middle, it hasn't been the case in every game this season.


Because McGloin hasn't played every game this season IMHO. He is very good at getting the ball out and quick enough, so that defensive linemen don't have many opportunities to get to him. I am very proud of the way he played yesterday. If he continues his ascending play, then I don't think QB will be at the top of the list of needs for next year.
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14562
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
In this game, the offensive line did a good job of not allowing pressure up the middle, it hasn't been the case in every game this season.


Because McGloin hasn't played every game this season IMHO. He is very good at getting the ball out and quick enough, so that defensive linemen don't have many opportunities to get to him. I am very proud of the way he played yesterday. If he continues his ascending play, then I don't think QB will be at the top of the list of needs for next year.


the oline still needs to give him more time mc guiver can read the field well but yesterday alot of times it seemed like it was read 1 read 2 throw to avoid the sack.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 11540
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
In this game, the offensive line did a good job of not allowing pressure up the middle, it hasn't been the case in every game this season.


Because McGloin hasn't played every game this season IMHO. He is very good at getting the ball out and quick enough, so that defensive linemen don't have many opportunities to get to him. I am very proud of the way he played yesterday. If he continues his ascending play, then I don't think QB will be at the top of the list of needs for next year.


This is where I'm at also. I don't think he's anything special as of now. Putting into consideration his draft placement (or lack-there-of) and where he's at in his career, we can't be anything but encouraged. I still need to see more. Now reflecting on your point, if he does continue to improve, he'd be an awesome stopgap so we can build a team next year then determine if we need that QB or not. If McGloin starts slipping though, it might be time to look elsewhere.

McGloin has Davis' backing though so we'll see......

Didn't know if anyone saw this:

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis has a game he likes to play with the likes of old pals George Atkinson and Willie Brown.

Its more of a pool, really, because when the gaggle of nameless, faceless undrafted rookie free agents flood training camp in Napa, the trio surveys the scene of 90 players. The goal? To guess which nameless, faceless undrafted rookie will make the initial 53-man roster.

For seven straight years, Davis beat Atkinson, Brown and others. Then, this year, he had an inkling about the camp arm brought in from Penn State, despite the presence of several more high-profile undrafted free agents.

Yes, Davis chose Matt McGloin and won the pool for an eighth straight year. And McGloin, with the help of the Raiders defense, gave Davis something even more valuable and satisfying in his first NFL start -- a 28-23 victory against the Houston Texans.


http://espn.go.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/1853/mcgloin-was-davis-pick-kinda
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 2786
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
I like McGloin don't get me wrong, he's got a lot of good traits one would want intelligence, good arm, and a nice release. However...his height might get him in trouble, he had quite a few passes batted down. If he can't get that corrected then we won't be any better than average.


Lame reason.

4 passes batted down in 2 games is why hes not the answer?

Brady had allot more then that in the Super Bowl against the Giants.

Also look how many Brees gets batted down per game LOL.


No I'm not ready to crown the guy after 2 games is why he's not my answer. And that height thing is a problem especially if it's 3rd and 7 in the fourth and his pass gets knocked down. I want to see if he fixes the problem first before I drink his kool-aid. Remember Pryor exceeded expectations his first few ganes too and that's what he has done, exceeded low expectations. He's got a lot we can build on Accuracy and Intelligence, two things that most in here value over any QB trait.

Besides he may have tendencies that none of us can see but DCs are really mulling over. I want to see how we handle NYJ and KC, if he can play clean games against those teams then we may have a Brady in our midst.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group