Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks CB Thurmond Suspended For Substance Abuse
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9439
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: True Reply with quote

SHONUFF wrote:
^^ very true, can companies suspend people for that in the state of Washington?


If it's against company policy, surely.

There's the law, but when you work for someone, there is usually a set of company policies that goes with it that you usually have to sign as a code of conduct, with its own restrictions. For example, my company requires that I back into a parking spot & never use my phone while driving (even via bluetooth), even if it isn't locally against the law. Of course, the parking thing only applies while on-site I believe, it's still a good practice regardless.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
domepatrol91


Global Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 3595
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
We're not going to use this to discuss the legality of marijuana. Keep the replies focused on how this will affect the Seahawks now, and his career moving forward.


It wasn't a suggestion, guys.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2728
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know if tharold simon is ready to play?? I expect to see Jeron Johnson to step in as well.

Brandon Browner is out 4-6 weeks btw

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/2107/browner-out-four-to-six-weeks-carroll-says
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHONUFF


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3242
Location: Portland, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Cb Reply with quote

I think Simon went to ir... Johnson plays safety, but may get some dime snaps or possibly moregos... I could see us using a lot of big nickel with cam lining up at linebacker and following graham..
_________________
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hawkman98272


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 18783
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you guys brought up JJ or Maragos, I sort of thought about the idea of ET playing CB and JJ or Maragos playing FS. It may take our whole scheme of ET just playing CF, but he's also excellent in coverage and some thought he'd be better off as a CB coming out.
_________________

Kempes

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1143
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Since you guys brought up JJ or Maragos, I sort of thought about the idea of ET playing CB and JJ or Maragos playing FS. It may take our whole scheme of ET just playing CF, but he's also excellent in coverage and some thought he'd be better off as a CB coming out.


No...

Earl is a DPOTY candidate and is bailing out this team left and right all over the field. He is far too effective in every aspect of the game to move into the nickle spot as an experiment.

Hes dominating as a FS.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11593
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
Since you guys brought up JJ or Maragos, I sort of thought about the idea of ET playing CB and JJ or Maragos playing FS. It may take our whole scheme of ET just playing CF, but he's also excellent in coverage and some thought he'd be better off as a CB coming out.


No...

Earl is a DPOTY candidate and is bailing out this team left and right all over the field. He is far too effective in every aspect of the game to move into the nickle spot as an experiment.

Hes dominating as a FS
.


This

We will probably rotate Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell at CB. I imagine we will sign a CB to. Anyone know who is out there?
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27083
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
sirensong wrote:
hawkman98272 wrote:
Since you guys brought up JJ or Maragos, I sort of thought about the idea of ET playing CB and JJ or Maragos playing FS. It may take our whole scheme of ET just playing CF, but he's also excellent in coverage and some thought he'd be better off as a CB coming out.


No...

Earl is a DPOTY candidate and is bailing out this team left and right all over the field. He is far too effective in every aspect of the game to move into the nickle spot as an experiment.

Hes dominating as a FS
.


This

We will probably rotate Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell at CB. I imagine we will sign a CB to. Anyone know who is out there?


Nmandi Laughing
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SHONUFF


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3242
Location: Portland, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Hawks Reply with quote

Pete and our dq will come up with some creative ways to patch up holes,they are excellent at making adjustments.Everyone will step up and be used...
_________________
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHONUFF


Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 3242
Location: Portland, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Shead Reply with quote

Deshawn shead was drafted as a corner, but switched to safety due to size (6'1" 220) and depth at cb..
_________________
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2728
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antoine winfield is out there
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11593
Location: New York
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
antoine winfield is out there


Don't you mean Antonio Windfield? Wink
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silus


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 1843
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect timing. Now the Seahawks can resign him for peanuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 4285
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
We're not going to use this to discuss the legality of marijuana. Keep the replies focused on how this will affect the Seahawks now, and his career moving forward.


Definitely understand and respect why we can't really talk about this here, but I just feel like it's worth asking.

Has the NFL come out and addressed if they plan on changing this policy at all? I can understand why they don't want to budge in the states where it's legal for recreational purposes, but the medical states with players that have prescriptions should probably be a different story to them, at least in my opinion. Just wondering.


Can I please just have this one question answered and then drop the talk about this issue entirely? I'm genuinely curious if the NFL is going to change anything because I know some employers in those states have for their employees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47551
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cba takes precedent over state laws. Research the Kevin and pat willians lawsuit regarding the debate over state laws versus the Cba. The Cba wins out as it should given that state laws vary, there would be no consistency and that is why the NFL adopted a Cba
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group