Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign HC Rex Ryan to a 1-year contract exension [pg.9]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
It all depends on Geno, really. If he plays like he has the past few weeks, keeping Rex will look smart. If Geno plays like the 30 turnover guy, then this move will look dumb.

With the picks and cap space the Jets have, they should be able to add a lot of talent to the roster. I'm still not quite expecting a playoff run next year, but this team is trending upward. That's pretty amazing considering how dire things looked in August.

Unless one of the top QBs falls drastically, I think this offseason will be spent mostly surrounding Geno with players who can actually play football well.

Playoffs are certainly a realistic goal though. Not sure how far they'd go (anything can happen on Sundays) but this team should have playoff aspirations next season. How far they go depends on how much Geno improves and how quickly.

Going into this year I had them at 6 wins with slim chances at the playoffs. With what they have to work with this offseason (money and picks) next year I think they should be in the preseason discussion of playoff contenders. That would be a great improvement from last preseason when they were basically laughed at. Not that it matters what the preseason people say but you know what I mean.

The improvement at skill positions should help tremendously and of coarse you need to stay healthy.

Props to Mack on the sig
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From @KimJonesSports and me: #Jets coach Rex Ryan not getting the long-term extension he covets. Team brass will only give him 1-year deal.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/417785443443159040

Quote:
More from @KimJonesSports & me: Rex is resigned to being extended only thru 2015. Will use it as motivation, believing team will win in 14.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/417785719914893312

Quote:
More from @KimJonesSports & me: If Jets win, Rex can cash in big next year. Meanwhile, assistants in holding pattern, want real security.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/417786063587794944
Tom Brady Tribute
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what they do with Sanchez next year.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
I wonder what they do with Sanchez next year.

Cut him for cap relief. He'll be a Ram.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Jets, but this was still really awesome to see.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307031/article/ny-jets-celebrate-announcement-of-rex-ryans-return
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, assuming they improve offensively, if they do good next year he gets another extension, if they do okay he gets 1 final year, if they do bad he's out?

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
The Jets are just a really meh team. I think they're going to hover around 8-8 for the next few years.

If they get a better OC and improve some of their offensive talent, they can be a fringe playoff team.

They are already a fringe playoff team so that makes no sense really. Yes if they improve their weapons they can stay right where they were this year I guess. Marty was a solid OC this year so he'll be back no reason to change that just improve his weapons.

If Geno carries his play from the end of this year over into next season and they get some weapons they can certainly have a good shot to make the playoffs next year.

They have a ton of money and a ton of picks. The Jets are heading in the right direction.

Technically, yes. Because the AFC was ridiculously weak in 2013. It would be like me saying that the Rams were a fringe playoff team in 2010...yes, technically true...but not really.(and no, I'm not saying the 2010 Rams were as good as the current Jets)

As far as your OC goes, the Jets averaged 3.7 less PPG than a Brian Schottenheimer led Rams offense did...and the Rams had Kellen Clemens start more than half the year. Wink

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
The Jets are just a really meh team. I think they're going to hover around 8-8 for the next few years.

If they get a better OC and improve some of their offensive talent, they can be a fringe playoff team.

They are already a fringe playoff team so that makes no sense really. Yes if they improve their weapons they can stay right where they were this year I guess. Marty was a solid OC this year so he'll be back no reason to change that just improve his weapons.

If Geno carries his play from the end of this year over into next season and they get some weapons they can certainly have a good shot to make the playoffs next year.

They have a ton of money and a ton of picks. The Jets are heading in the right direction.

Technically, yes. Because the AFC was ridiculously weak in 2013. It would be like me saying that the Rams were a fringe playoff team in 2010...yes, technically true...but not really.(and no, I'm not saying the 2010 Rams were as good as the current Jets)

As far as your OC goes, the Jets averaged 3.7 less PPG than a Brian Schottenheimer led Rams offense did...and the Rams had Kellen Clemens start more than half the year. Wink

Have you seen our personnel?

When Jeremy Kerley was playing, our offense looked competent. For the four games he was out, our offense was historically bad. We were 8-4 with Kerley and 0-4 without him. In the four games Kerley was out, Geno had 0 TDs and 9 INTs. In the 12 games that Kerley did play, Geno had 18 TDs and 12 INTs.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Just watch the games and you'd see it wasn't Marty's fault. Bad cap situation, rookie QB with no weapons, injuries to an already poor skill position core all way more of an issue than Marty.

Jets will revamp that offense for next year and probably be better than that Bradford led offense Wink

Props to Mack on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Just watch the games and you'd see it wasn't Marty's fault. Bad cap situation, rookie QB with no weapons, injuries to an already poor skill position core all way more of an issue than Marty.

Jets will revamp that offense for next year and probably be better than that Bradford led offense Wink

Doubtful. But they can certainly try. Wink

green24 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Have you seen our personnel?

When Jeremy Kerley was playing, our offense looked competent. For the four games he was out, our offense was historically bad. We were 8-4 with Kerley and 0-4 without him. In the four games Kerley was out, Geno had 0 TDs and 9 INTs. In the 12 games that Kerley did play, Geno had 18 TDs and 12 INTs.

Kellen. Clemens.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Our offensive issues were more due to talent than coaching. We had the worst set of WRs in the NFL this year and it wasn't even close. The little good ones we had were injured and we went through stretches with PS squad talent starting games for us. That helped lead to a stretch of games where Geno played absolutely horrible in. Once Kerley came back Geno started playing his best games of the season and ended the season strong.

Our run game was 6th in the league, but our passing game (what Marty is known for) struggled and that was mainly due to having a rookie QB and having terrible WRs all season. We need 2 starting WRs and a TE this offseason.

Marty is definitely a better OC than Schotty. For the last 3 Jets OC I rank them 1-Marty, 2-Schotty, 3-Sparano (truly was awful)

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: