Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins fire Mike Sherman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at the talent on offense and I don't understand why you fire the O-coordinator. Every year this team has gotten better under Philbin and Sherman. Tannehill didn't suffer a sophmore slump, but got better.

See a lot of JAGs and an O-line that fell into turmoil, surprised fans wouldn't have been happier considering the way things could have gone.

If coaches are being forced to make changes because of owners or GMs I can't see how that will lead to a better team. Now Miami is searching for a new GM too, so I guess he won't be allowed to pick his own coach, or the coach is immediately on the hot seat in year 3?

They oughta fire the owner in cases such as this.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Just looking at the talent on offense and I don't understand why you fire the O-coordinator. Every year this team has gotten better under Philbin and Sherman. Tannehill didn't suffer a sophmore slump, but got better.

See a lot of JAGs and an O-line that fell into turmoil, surprised fans wouldn't have been happier considering the way things could have gone.

If coaches are being forced to make changes because of owners or GMs I can't see how that will lead to a better team. Now Miami is searching for a new GM too, so I guess he won't be allowed to pick his own coach, or the coach is immediately on the hot seat in year 3?

It has to do with the play calling in critical moments and the constant misuse or the offense's player and the inability to adjust to create mismatches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:

It has to do with the play calling in critical moments and the constant misuse or the offense's player and the inability to adjust to create mismatches.

and things as basic as the snap count... Sherman should be coaching D-1AA football. Basic... vanilla play calling and use of talent. Sherman calls plays to get 10 yards in 2 or 3 plays and thats it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: